South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/290/155

Height: 5'6"

Default SF Lemon Pudding w/ Graham Crust

My friend gave me a recipe to use on SB diet. I am just starting Phase 2 and was wondering if this is a good thing to eat. I am still learning and want to check. Because I had thses at her house and fell totally in love. Seems to good to be true.

Please let me know.

1 Package Lemon SF Pudding
2 Cups 1% milk
1 Package Graham Cracker Crust Mini cup (6 per package)
1 Tbls SF Cool Whip

So Yummy but worried about Graham Cracker Crust.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Graham cracker crust:
INGREDIENTS:
Enriched wheat flour (contains niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate {vitamin B1}, riboflavin {vitamin B2}, folic acid), vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and hydrogenated cottonseed oils), sugar, graham flour, honey, high fructose...

Doesn't sound SB at all.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291/290/155

Height: 5'6"

I was looking at Carbs and did not look bad, but I am learning about good and bad. Well will do it without crust, still yummy.

thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 06:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I make a pretty good crust that tastes similar to graham cracker crusts with Fiber One cereal. I just mix about a cup of Fiber One, 1/4 cup Splenda and some Smart Balance in a food processor until it's crumbly and pat it into a pie pan. Sometimes I'll bake the crust first at 400* for 8 - 10 minutes, depending on whether I'm making an unbaked filling or not.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Don't look at carbs, look at ingredients and make sure it is whole grain, low or no added sugar. and not a lot of nasty additives. Hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup are bad for us.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/233/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup are bad for EVERYONE, not just us beachers! (That might be what you meant, though!) I remember Oprah's heart doc listing them among the worst foods you can put in your body.

Cottage - that sounds like a GREAT idea for a crust substitute...I saw some pie recipes the other day that looked SB without the crust, so now I can try them!! (Hope I didn't throw them out! I was purging and organizing.)
Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I make a pretty good crust that tastes similar to graham cracker crusts with Fiber One cereal. I just mix about a cup of Fiber One, 1/4 cup Splenda and some Smart Balance in a food processor until it's crumbly and pat it into a pie pan. Sometimes I'll bake the crust first at 400* for 8 - 10 minutes, depending on whether I'm making an unbaked filling or not.

mmmm this sounds good! maybe really tasty with the breakfast cheescake recipe which i absolutely love! do you think this would work?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/233/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookynutt View Post
mmmm this sounds good! maybe really tasty with the breakfast cheescake recipe which i absolutely love! do you think this would work?
Oh now THAT's a good idea! Race you to see who finds out how good it is first!
Closed Thread