Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #1  

Default How often do you weigh yourself?

Taking a poll I guess. I want to weigh myself every day but for me at least, when I go up or down a lb. it really frustrates me which then leads to me losing motivation.

Do you have a set time/day of the week that you weigh yourself?
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/203/150

My hubby and I weigh in on Thursday am's only!!!
mseamons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I weigh in every morning, because I compete in the weight loss challenges, and most of us update every day. I only put my 'Official Weight Watchers' weight on my tracker, though!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Every morning as soon as I get up...I only record every Sunday though.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/198/180

Height: 5'6"

Every single day. I don't let the day to day variations get me down. I only look at loss over time but the daily weighing keeps me honest and I am reminded every day how far I've come. It's a motivational moment each time even if it has some fluctuations.
suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #6  

Everyday. A couple years ago I saw a study where they found that folks who lost weight and kept it off for 5 years or more were almost exclusively those who weighed themselves every morning and who exercised religiously.

I decided that's for me! I exercise 1 hour to 1:15 hour every single day (unless on holidays) and I weigh me as a reminder as I start my day. So far so good!
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone - I need to not have my mood dictated by a few fluctuations on the scale, huh. You all are doing great!
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/166/132

Height: 5'9

In the beginning i weighed myself every morning and recorded it, but I let it get to me when I gained a hundred grams one day, even if twice as much was gone the next. Then my boyfriend took my scale for a week. A weighed myself on sunday and wouldn't get to do it again until saturday. By thursday night I was freaking out because I was sure I had gained. I ended it a day early and weighed myself on friday morning - and I it was one of my best weeks in terms of losing.

Now I weigh myself every morning, but I only write it down on saturdays. This way I feel I'm in control and don't develop any habits (like too much cheese.. )that would make the scale go the wrong way for several days in a row, but at the same time if I'm retaining water I don't feel like it ruins the weight loss that "counts". It's all mind games really.
BlondeAmbition08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/214/130

I weigh myself every morning. It seems I am have been losing a pound or two a day so far. The first week I lost a lot of weight but I think it was because of water weight. I don't think I could put weighing myself off for a whole week. It would drive me insane! I would be exercising myself to death.

I really think weighing in every morning before I eat or workout helps me make sure I am still losing weight. I will know if I am getting stalled or not.
Moonring05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Officially I weigh myself every 10 days.

Unofficially I'll check the scales once or twice between my official weigh ins.

Now, when I catch myself doing it more frequently I put a stop to it because I'm one of those individuals who gets frustrated by the normal fluctuations of the scale.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

2nd thing I do every morning. Go to the restroom and then step on the scale. I only record every Sunday though. The daily fluctuations can be frustrating - it's amazing to see a 4 lb gain or loss over a single 24 hour period! But if I gain I know that means more water is needed.

It helps me to stay motivated as I see where I am now compared to where I used to be months and months ago. 220 seemed impossible at one time, so it's a good reminder for me every day that I've done something right.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/181/130

Height: 5'2

I struggle with this a lot. I could weigh myself 4 or 5 times a day. However, I get so frustrated by the scale and I hate the power that it has over me. I don't want a number to decide how I feel about the day.

I don't know what to do. Everyday I think, I'm not going to weigh myself every morning and every morning, I weigh myself.
coleminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #13  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Push the "Easy" button

You can stop weighing yourself constantly - put your scale in the trash or stash it with a friend who lives far enough away that you won't run by constantly to weigh.

I weigh every 7 - 10 days at my doctor's office. His nurse buzzes me in, I weigh myself and I'm done. Nobody sees it but me, no one records it but me. Easy.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I weigh in every morning, I feel like it keeps me motivated. If I am up a pound, I work harder. If I am down a pound and keep on going.
Luvbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #15  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Whatever works!

We are beautiful in our differences.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote