Old 08-11-2008, 05:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/ Accountability/Daily Planning - week of August 11 - August 17

Hi...here's a place where you can put your daily plan and/or menu. Want a place for some accountability? Here it is! Come here for a little chat and some extra support.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #2  

Hi chickies - I stayed very well on my plan. I am grateful.

Yesterday I gave alot of thought to maybe why I've been struggling after dinner. I've been thinking about it alot - why?. Part of it was that I haven't been feeling so good...feeling some physical pain from arthritis, back and foot, etc. And...I've been a little 'sloppy' with my following thru with my food plan as planned. I always say that it's OK to change some things - as the day progresses. But, lately I've had so many changes to the original plan that it's almost like 'grazing'. Adding a nibble here and there (and counting it in) So, I've determined that having a daily plan gives me structure and sanity with food and that I need to adhere to my plan more closely - more often than not.

Today I am working all day in Dayton working. My helper LOVES MCL restaurant. Since it's the end of the summer - we will go there for lunch. She's a doll and has been a wonderful helper. I can find something healthy there.

This week I have eleven programs. It's a busy week. Thank goodness I have Alexandra helping carry my 'stuff' in and out. My voice is tired and my pieces and parts, too - but I'll make it thru.

Today:

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, blueberries
lunch - fish, veggie, salad, roll
snack - crackers, fruit
dinner - boca bacon, lettuce & tomato (my fresh ones!) on lite bread with mayo, cauliflower with parm.
snack - raisin bran and milk

Mj -Hope your party was fun! Your veggies, pasta and cheese dinner sounds wonderful!

Ginger - glad you've already dropped some pounds. Sorry about your back. It's awful when you have back pain. It can just stop you in your tracks. Take care. Glad you posted.

Schmoodle - Hope you had fun at your party. (I addressed your friend and the dacquiri in last week's accountability thread.)

Shout out to everyone stopping by.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-11-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! My gm's party was SO much fun!!!! It was hilarious hearing my uncles and mom tell stories about when they were kids...it's no wonder my gm's hair went white when she was so young!!!! My brother, sister, and I took our turn telling my mom some stuff we did that she never knew about....nothing too bad, but luckily she thought it was funny! My gm had a wonderful time, which is the best part of the whole day. One of my neice and nephew's made a list of "80 things why we love grandma" it was SO darn cute!!!

Ginger--Great news about the weight loss, but that really stinks about your back! I hope it feels better soon!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for for figuring out what is going on. Take care of YOU! 11 programs, wow, that's a lot! We are having blt's for dinner tonight too!

I am down two pounds this week, so I am VERY happy about that. I have just said goodbye to the 220's!!!! Dh and I both have today off, so not sure what we are going to do later, but I'm sure we'll find something fun! Yesterday I found a couple pairs of jeans in my closet that have been too small, but they fit again! YIPPEE! I can't wait to wear them again!

Have a great op day!

Last edited by mj5; 08-11-2008 at 08:18 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday chicks, the sky here is SO gorgeous today, brilliant blue with tons of puffy clouds blowing around up there. It's one of those days that makes you happy to be around.

mj5, congrats on the jeans NSV! AND entering the next decade! And glad to hear that Grandma had a great celebration. Grandmas are precious people in our lives.

BeverlyJoy, it seems like there's always another thing to learn on this journey, doesn't it? I never really feel like I've got it "down". But every new thing I learn about myself makes me feel more confident that I will be succesful in the end.

Ginger, try not to overdo on the house stuff. I know it's hard, it drives me crazy when things are a mess. Hope your back feels better soon.

Today's Plan:
B was oatmeal breakfast bars, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: raw zucchini and hummus
L: roasted pepper and tomatoes, tossed salad with gorgonzola, walnuts, edamame, and chopped egg, 1T Goddess dressing
S: latte, bean brownie
D: Chicken burger with 1 cup 3-bean salad
S: NSA pudding with Cool Whip Free

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-11-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, this is the accountability thread. I am back down to what I show on my ticker. I know it is wrong, but I just couldn't change my highest weight to 282.8. But, here is my confession... and now I can look at my ticker without guilt. I'm going to work to get it down below my highest weight now. Did I mention that last year, I was down 13 pounds???

Anyway, onward!!

Schmoodle: Do you make your own hummus? Just wondering if that would be easy to do.

MJ: Love the GM story. Mine are all gone and I just treasured the time I had with them. Wonderful!

Beverly: You sound busy!!! Hang in there.

My kids start back to school next week, so we're busy with the back to school stuff, registrations, and football practice. It will be nice to get them back into a good routine. Bye, bye TV and couch!!! ha!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #6  

Diane, I do not make my own hummus. I've tried and just didn't like the way mine turned out (texture issues). I just gave my tahini to my mom to use. Now, she makes her own and it's Delish, so I don't quite know what I'm doing wrong. I wonder if it's just that she has a better blender than me. But it's not hard to do, just need a good blender, I guess. I like it really light and creamy.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #7  
mj5

Hi again! Dh and I had a great day!! We went to a thrift store and found a set of Fiestaware salt and pepper shakers for $1.99!!!! Then we went to the mall and JC Penny is having 70% off their already marked down items, so I found several cute shirts for really great deals! I only bought a few, but enough to spruce up my wardrobe. I need to go through my closet and pull out stuff that is either too big (hard to believe!) or that I just don't wear. Then I have to be brave like Beverlyjoy and get rid of it!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

What a strange day ladies!

Strange eating day - we were out for most of the day and I by-passed the usual temptations and my calorie count before dinner is quite low. I just enjoyed some fish and green beans and my stomach is a happy-camper once again. Went to the farmers market and got some nice blueberries too. Yum! I might have an evening snack of those.

Welcome Slashl - I did the same thing, and now I'm back again too. It sucks to own up to gaining again and being back to the same weight I started but better to come here than not having support!

Schmoodle, I really have let the house go (so to speak), it's just not good for me to bend over and keep hurting myself. DH did do two loads of dishes...I just wish he would get the pans and clean the counters...ugh. oh and I have no idea how you can stomach RAW zuccini...I love it cooked, but raw?

Beverly- 11 programs? gosh that's busy,--pace yourself!

Mj- be brave -it feels so good to purge. I didn't get rid of stuff that was too big (I can't yet) but I have gotten rid of stuff I just don't wear anymore! It feels great!

It's 715 and I'm craving...I better get to those blueberries...the rest of the night, decaf tea if I need something.

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #9  

Hi chickeroos...I stayed with my plan yesterday - I am grateful. DH came home last night after being gone for ten days. So glad he's home. Our tomatoes are coming in well. Love this time of the year. I did well yesterday at MCL - so I am pleased.

For today -

working this morning
meditation
water
log food
stretches
PMA

breakfast - Kashi waffle, peanut butter, 1/2 banana
snack - latte
lunch - brown rice with cheese and veggies
snack - cottage cheese and fruit
dinner - garden burger with lite cheese on lite bun, sliced tomatos
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

Ginger - I've been enjoying blueberries too. Take care of your back - take it easy so it can get better. So glad you passed by the temptations!

MJ - SO glad you found the salt and peppers. What fun. Also - clothes on say are the best...yay. Down two pounds is fantastic!! So, so happy for you to be a 'teen'!

Schmoodle - great plan...I love seeing it daily. It gives me ideas!!

Slashnl - so glad you are down to your ticker weight. It's a good accomplishment!! Carry on - you CAN do this!

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-12-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #10  
mj5

Good Morning!

Ginger--Take care of your back! The house cleaning will wait. How were the blueberries? I had cantalope as my snack.

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!!! I LOVE finding bargains! Plus, now that the weather is getting cooler, I like 'primping' a bit more--when it's really hot, I just throw on whatever. Probably not a good idea, but I'm just don't deal well w/ the heat.

Rhonda--How are you? Did you join the gym?

It was really fun choosing what I was going to wear today. Now that the weather is a bit cooler, it's easier to dress a bit nicer. Plus, I am really pleased w/ my weight loss lately so I think that helps--I have been spending more time doing my hair, makeup, etc.

Ok, I need to tackle all the stuff on my desk.

I have 7 op days in a row, so far! Have a great day!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks!
First order of business, get a plan for the rest of the day!
B was veggie and lite cheese omelet, 1 cup cantaloupe, coffee with milk
S: raw zuke and hummus, handful of grape tomatoes
L: roasted pepper with tomatoes, salmon burger
S: latte, bean brownie
D: 3 bean salad, sliced tomato, stuffed squash
S: NSA chocolate pudding with Cool Whip Free

Should be a quiet day today. All the kids have gone to my mom's house this morning (cousins included) to make pancakes, then she plans to take them shopping for a back-to-school outfit and then to dinner at the Chinese Buffet. I do not have to go along to dinner, great relief since there is really nothing good there for me to eat. Poor mom will be tired tonight I'll bet! And much poorer! Maybe this evening I'll have DD1 take them to the movies.

mj, don't ya love stringing those good days together! And it's great incentive because I find it just makes me want to keep going.
Beverlyjoy, glad you got through your long day on-plan.
Ginger, maybe you should see about getting someone in to clean until you are feeling better. I didn't think I liked raw zuke either until recently. I've got some in my garden this year, and freshly picked it's really crispy and good!
Diane, I am working on the kids' schedule for the fall too. We have gotten so lazy over the summer, it will be a shock to have all this stuff going on! I am not looking forward to the end of summer, but I am looking forward to having my house back to myself during the day.

Can't wait until Friday chicks! I am taking the day off and have arranged to meet two other chicks from the 3fc South Beach Forum at the Green Dragon Market in PA. One of them I have met before, but not the other, and I am really excited to see them both.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #12  
mj5

Hi again!

Schmoodle--Yes, I LOVE stringing those days together. I agree, it makes it much easier to stay on plan! I am SO jealous...I LOVE the Green Dragon! It's funny, dh and I were just talking about that yesterday--our family used to go there a few times every year, but always on Good Friday and always right before school started--before we would hit the outlets for school clothes. MMM, I love raw zucchini and yellow squash too.

Ok, I really need to try to focus on getting some work done!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey Ladies!

The blueberries were fantastic - I bought 10lbs, so should last some time (although my boys LOVE them too). I have a standing order at a local blueberry farm for 50 more lbs. I freeze them for the winter and add to my oatmeal - or muffins, or .....whatever.

I am feeling good. I DEFIED the POUTINE......I went to costco today and didn't get any. I haven't been there in over a month or longer and I knew mentally it would be huge fight. I won this time. I felt proud and even though I was hungry, I ate when I got home at 2pm. It was a late lunch, but it was a good-for-me lunch = not loaded with crap and guilt.

And - my back is better, I am walking and moving around...although DH brought in the food I bought and helped put it away. I took the kids to the grandparents after dinner to go and pick peas, potatoes and carrots from the kids garden. When I got home DH did all the dishes, cleaned the floor and basically made me smile. It was a lot of work (but heck, it's been 5 days since my back first started to hurt)...so it was a huge relief. I should be able to unload the dishwasher tomorrow with the kids help....(they pass me the plates etc from the bottom rack).

So I have several huge zucchini, tons of green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, peas and 9 lbs roughly of blueberries left in my fridge....oh and a straight from grandma's garden -cauliflower!. So I am SET for some time.

I love summer. I'm hoping for a good weigh in on thursday. I've stuck to my plan, I feel good about what I've eaten and I'm hoping to carve out some of the weight I've gained back.

Night y'all!
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hey there guys. You are so inspirational and I am in dire need of inspiration, so here I am (again)! I hope you don't mind how I have popped in and out of this thread. I am trying to get my head on straight.

Hummus: I was told that the key to getting a smooth texture is to remove the skins. So when I make it, after I boil the chickpeas I just stir them repeatedly. The skins float off and I skim them until there are no more. It works! But I stopped making it simply because I want to eat a ton of it. Now I just buy small containers for portion control.

I need a junk detox. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 AM   #15  

Hi Chicks...I stayed with my plan well yesterday - I am grateful.

Darn that scale....it didn't move this week. Oh well - I lost two pounds last week so I'll have to be happy with that. It's been going slow. I am grateful to have sanity with food - even when the scale doesn't move.

I went to the farm market yesterday and brought home some melon, corn and zuccini. Yum.

three programs this morning
lots of water
meditation
log food and their values
stretches and movement
PMA

breakfast - turkey on ww bread with mayo, peach
lunch - spinach salad with egg whites, boca bacon, blueberries, tomatoes, parm cheese, lite vinegarete, and ak mak crackers
snack - yogurt
dinner - egg white scramble with sweet banana peppers and lite cheese with mayo open face on toast, corn on the cob
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, milk

Lyn - you can pop in and out as often as you like! Do the best you can, friend. Glad you posted.

Ginger - I am so glad you're back is doing better. So glad DH has been so helpful - he's wonderful. Ejoy all those blueberrie. You are doing great.

MJ - 7 days OP is fantastic. I agree.. as we lose weight I think we just feel more like primping - it just goes with the territory. You are doing great.

Schmoodle - hope you enjoyed your day while the kids were at Grandma's. It's nice for them to spend the day with her.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-13-2008 at 05:32 AM.