South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Rainy Monday at the Beach Chick-Chat

Yawn,

Happy Monday. It's dark and gloomy, and more rain is expected. We had some tremendous storms through here yesterday with lots of flooding, but that didn't keep anyone away from our party. We were bursting at the seams, but everyone had a real good time, and the house looks in good shape despite the fact that we were all stuck indoors.

Not much is happening today, maybe a trip to the library this afternoon. The girls always want to cook on rainy days, so maybe we'll stir up something in the kitchen, too.

Right now I need lots of coffee to get me going this morn.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #2  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Good Morning all!!

Cottage....looks like we're in for a rainy/stormy day as well!! We desperately need the rain though. Have fun with whatever you choose to do today!

I had a good weekend....spent some time with my mom helping with some things out in the yard while my dad is out of town. Talk about a workout..haha. Saturday evening we had dinner at a restaurant on the river not too far from here....very relaxing!!
My monday is off to a good start...even though I have to figure out a way to get my jeep to the shop today....the stupid emmissions light came on AGAIN...the 2nd time in 4 months....ah well....just got off of the ellipitcal and about to hop in the shower

Happy Monday everyone!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, try to stay dry and have fun at the library!

Mandy, where did you eat? Friends? Mortons?? Yep, looks like big time storms here today!!

Me...have to leave here in just a minute to get to school early to get some stuff run off and get organized. Starting something fun today...a class newspaper since we don't start our reading program till next week. Should be fun!!

Took a video of the "babies" this weekend. Cute, huh???
I've pretty much given up on keeping the towels etc "in order". Bijoux just digs them all up again to make "nests"

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-11-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, those wee puppies are simply adorable! I want one!!!!!

Mandyleigh, I hope your emissions light doesn't mean any costly repair job! My engine light came on last week, but it was just a warning to replace my air filter, thank goodness!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Cat, that brought tears to my eyes with puppy memories and cries. Hershey came over to the PC when she heard the whimpers. She was an excellent mother.

Cottage, it sure has been rainy around this part of the continent but it doesn't seem to slow down your entertaining! I've sort of decided to ignore the weather for the rest of the summer and just carry on.

Mandyleigh, those darn lights on the dash. Right now I have "Check gas cap!" and there's nothing wrong. "restaurant on the river" We say that around here too but it's the St Lawrence not the Mississippi.

Disney did OK at Obedience yesterday and even growled at a German Shepherd who was becoming too pushy. Too funny! She seems to have recovered from her trauma.

Last night I tried the roasted cauliflower for the first time. OMG that is a great recipe from Nessa. I'm glad I got a huge cauliflower at the market Saturday. I've never liked cooked cauliflower although I love it raw but this was great. I must check to be sure the recipe ends up in our Phase I Veggies Section. By the way, have you seen the number of stars on Taco Bake. That has to be the best recipe we have.

We're off to the groomer again for a second bath for Hersh - she was too tired after her Saturday shearing - and then we will see the vet again now that Leslie can see Hersh's skin. The fur on her sides was so matted, it came off in a piece like a sheep fleece. I feel guilty of neglect.

I need to do some weekend baking and meal prep this afternoon and will start some peaches drying. I did three medium zucchini into chips yesterday and managed to eat them all! Good thing zukes are low calorie.

More coffee needed. See y'all later.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #6  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to say Good Morning to all. Dashing out the door, be back later!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

cottage - hope you get to relax after the company yesterday!

Mandy - I agree, freakin' lights. My "maintenance needed" has been lit, I'd bet they didn't reset (again) when they changed the oil...

Cat - I won't even check the link...I've been getting "dog urges". I need to wait til we're not in a rental, and the kids are big enough to help!!

Ruth - I tried the roasted cauliflower, wasn't that great. Maybe because I only put on salt and pepper? Or didn't cook it enough?

Belle (and whomever else might be simul-posting!) - have a great day!

Me - just finished making the "lazy cabbage casserole" - it took 30 minutes to prep, so not too lazy! But now, dinner is ready. Boss is on vacation, so I work longer hours.

Went camping this weekend with friends, had a good time. And didn't gain any weight back. Ye-haw!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks, no construction going on this morning and the girls are still in bed and my dad is at my sisters so I actually can get on the computer for more than 3 minutes. I am trying to catch up on all the stuff going on around here. Lots of new names around. I miss you chicks like crazy, school goes back in the first of sept so I am sure from now til then I will keep trying to do a quick pop in. Take care and have a great monday.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Morning. I'm getting so excited about Friday... Gonna meet Cottage and see Schmoodle again! woo-hoo

yesterday was an interesting day for me. capped off by seeing my local Boy Michael Phelps and his team SMASH the world record with that awesome relay! My brother swam at that club as a kid (and was asked to go olympic 35 years ago!) so it hits close to home.

scale today 214... and i'm retaining water... so wow me.

ruth so glad you liked the cauliflower...

now i must work.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

belle

Ruth I'm so glad to hear Disney is back to her persnickity self after the trauma! I'll have to try the roasted couliflour. I too don't care for cooked. And like I stated in weekend thread, my son and his friend (who's alergic to tomatoes and dairy) polished off an entire pan! so much for left overs! My son is by far the most finicky eater! Won't eat fast food, can't have dairy (he can, but swears he's allergic like his friend! lol)

Have a great day at school Femme!

I hope it's an easy fix Mandy!

Cottage,
It stormed here good yesterday! had hail an inch in diameter, lost power for a minute, and had heavy thunder and lightning! looks like rain brewing again, want to get jade out this am.

Me I had a family over for dinner last night. I made chicken marinated in Old Bay and corn, Clair brought sweet potato casserole and salad, and I made biscuits. I didn't touch said biscuits, but did eat an ear of corn and a small scoop of casserole. Clair asked about the plan, if I had to forgo something else to allow for it. I explained to her it's about eating properly, right carbs, right fats and that a little thing like corn once in awhile wont totally sabotage plan. I also told her that I need to stay away from bread at all costs. I think thats what gets me in trouble. I think I FINALLY (after over a year on SB) figured out what is going to work for me. veggies, and doing p1.5 all the way. This week I will introduce apples. I bought enough for the week, butg my son ate one. So I will start tomorrow for work.

Clair and randy needed a couch, so I gave them mine, I kept it's matching loveseat, and brought out two chairs into the living room. It's opened up and looks so much cleaner, and roomier! May not match, but I'm one person, they have six kids! And said kids always have friends over! When they came they asked if I would let them look for a chair, they didn't know I had a couple hiding in my bedroom. Now my bedroom is decluttered and so is living room! I told them I was good to go. I think that made them feel better! Their couch was like sitting on hardwood covered with sandpaper! I gave them an overstuffed couch that you sit in and go to never never land! I don't like the look of the couches, because to me it looks clumpy. But man alive are they comfortable. The couch I was gonna buy was nice and sleek. I hope to someday still get a decent couch that I like the looks of!

OK, so I FINALLY got the scale below 184... it read 183. For some reason I've been struggling to get under this once again when I gained all that weight. I hope I'm on my way down to the 170's without climbing again. I swear I'm a yoyo, up and down in 180's and 190's. sigh. Hopefully new insight on my plan might help that, and fact I'm walking Jade now more than ever!

I'm gonna do some finishing touches on bedroom today before starting tomorrow, and clean out my car so I start with nice clean interior! being a precision shop, they notice

Hope you all have a wonderful day on the beach!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

Oh my, I wrote such a novel that more people posted while I was!

ladybugnessa! Congrats on the scale!!! You go girl! It's been a pleasure watching you shrink down to nothingness over a year! OH, I so want to meet you all! I hope you have a nice visit!

Enjoy some quiet little chick!

TwynnB Let me know how it turns out! Last time I tried it, I didn't add enough cabage and found myself adding chili powder so ended up more with chili without the beans! DOH! Glad you had fun camping!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies

I can't keep up with the personals too many posting hehe, but that is a good thing.

I am busy at work so I will just say hello and have a great day.. and say went to State Fair yesterday and yesterday afternoon was definitely op eating, but I am back on track today.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #13  

Height: 5'11

Cottage - glad your party went well!
Mandy - uigh! car problems stink!
Femme - Cutest thing EVER!!!
Ruth- Roasted cauliflower sounds great, might have to try it!
Twynn- Good job!
Nessa - My hubby loves watching Olympic swimming too, actuall all Olympic events. I probably won't be getting much attention until it's all over lol
Loriann- Very sweet to pass on your couch, I bet they will get great use of it!

As for me, sent the kids off for first day of school today. There were a few tears, but overall it went well. I am going to lunch today at school (not eating though) and will pick them up instead of them riding the bus home, thinking might take them for a treat like ice cream after school. They've been asking so it's probably a great time. I will order a Diet Coke and be fine. I haven't hardly been hungry at all and find myself wanting to skip snack and such (which is a new feeling for me!) but I want to stick with the phase one plan 100%. That's about it. Have a great Monday!

Autumn
Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

Autumnrose... Eating those snacks help keep you ON plan, so you don't get so hungry you eat anything in site., it also keeps a low fuel burning in your system and helps LOSE weight!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Pearl, how did you enjoy the Fair? We didn't end up going yesterday (even though it was "veterans day" and admission would've been free for us) but may go for the last day, I'm not sure yet.

Yawn, indeed, cottage! I'm wiped out myself. Think I'm gonna make some tea real quick. Back to work again today. Had a nice, restful weekend, but am groggy for some reason this morning. Gonna be a long week. I have to work 3 days and then have the Regional Picnic in Chicago on Thursday. It's softball tournament time again. Joy. This year I'm bringing the sunscreen and Icy Hot so none of us are hurting too bad on the ride home.

Well, geez, this morning is flying by. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Closed Thread