Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #1  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Default reaching out....help me guys please!

I dont know whats wrong with me, i cannot get back on track, i just fail every time i try, like i am not even managing one day of being on plan. i feel so awful! completely useless!!!

Help!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

you are not useless, you have already lost 6 pounds so if you were useless you would never have lost any at all Maybe you need to take a few steps back in your plan, allow yourself a little of what you are wanting, and gradually work your way back to being completely on plan
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey PrettyPaula. OK, deep breath! Whew! Tell us more about what's going on. Maybe we can do some troubleshooting with you. What's your program, where is it that you're having the problem, what do you think might be happening, etc.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #4  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

okay so im slacking off with coming here, because im getting disheartened with seeing everyone elses losses so much quicker than mine, im kicking myseld because if only id not had some off plan times i could be further along.

My elliptical trainer has arrived, its all built and im scared to use it.

im failing to plan, i *know* thats my issue, im scared that im so big im never gonna get any lower and to tell the truth i'm just so demotivated. it takes me a month to lose 3 pounds, but a week to put 5 on.

i feel like i will never get there. no matter how much i want it.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i feel the same way, i wonder if i should work harder so i can lose as fast as everyone else. And i always think "if i hadnt had that pie, if i had started this sooner, etc" But you know, everyone is different, and you cant change the past. Gotta keep moving forwards!

Why are you scared to use your elliptical?

I am aiming to lose about 1/2 kg a week. Thats about 4 pounds a month. So thats not a lot different to what you were losing, maybe we are normal after all

you will get there!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #6  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

You can get back on track. I know you can.
Don't worry about other folks losing quicker. This is not a race. You are not competing with anyone. It's not even a race with yourself. You are making changes in the way you're going to eat for the rest of your life. Some of the process is about trying things and really learning that they don't work.
Three pounds a month is awesome by the way. I try not to have expectations about how much to lose over time since that is just an opportunity for disappointment if I can't meet it. You can control being on track. You can't control how much or when you lose.

So if being on track for one day is too much to take on - how about for the next meal or the next three hours, or just the next bite?

Go ahead and plan the next meal or day and make sure you have on hand what you need for meals and snacks.

And you've gotten yourself an eliptical. That's wonderful. Why are you afraid to use it, don't know how it works? Not sure how it will be to adjust to it? Afraid you won't commit the time to it? Once you know how to use it, go ahead and use it for two minutes. Then you'll have the experience to assess how you want to move forward with it.

Go ahead, you can be on track for your next meal or snack. Then tell us how it went. We have faith in you. You can do it.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I sometimes feel that people lose weight faster than I. With my PCOs the norm for me is 3 lbs a month, sometime lower to 2.5 lbs a month. I don't remember ever reading your weight loss program, so I am not really sure if this will work with you but it has worked with me in the past as I am counting calories. When I come back from vacation, I tend to make a schedule of what I am going to eat every day for the next 3 weeks. So I buy only the amount of food I am going to eat that week and have nothing extra to go off track. After 3 weeks my brain goes back to health style mode and I start again.

Also I would love to know the reason you are scared of the elliptical. To be honest, I am a bit jealous, I wish I could afford one.

I think you should just think it as 1 lb at a time rather than the whole amount you got to loose. Be happy for every little insignificant lb and I am sure you will go down very quickly.

preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

We all have days like you are having, I know I have had many. Keep in mind what you want to accomplish and do you really want to stay where you are?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #9  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
I dont know whats wrong with me, i cannot get back on track, i just fail every time i try, like i am not even managing one day of being on plan. i feel so awful! completely useless!!!

Help!
Hi Paula,
I'm sorry you are having a hard time.. I know how impossible it can be to get thru that first couple of days. Maybe getting back to basics again, perhaps some mega-organization and planning might work, you know, the cleaning of the kitchen, cabinets etc. Throwing out the 'bad' stuff if any... make a list and do a little shopping, maybe try a new fruit or veggie... I've had a hard time of it lately too and that seemed to help me...
You have the determination in you Paula... I know you do ... YOU CAN DO THIS...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
My elliptical trainer has arrived, its all built and im scared to use it.
I guess we're all interested in what the fear is. If you're afraid you'll get hurt, or do too much, then make a deal with yourself that you'll get on it and do only 10 minutes on the lowest setting. That's all you need to do for the first time--or even the second or third! You're in charge!

Quote:
im failing to plan, i *know* thats my issue, im scared that im so big im never gonna get any lower and to tell the truth i'm just so demotivated. it takes me a month to lose 3 pounds, but a week to put 5 on.
Gosh, PrettyPaula, I think you'll find many 3FC members who were larger than you are and still have lost successfully. So it cannot be impossible for you! Just keep in mind that it will always take longer to take pounds off than to put them on. It's just the nature of things. But without a plan of some sort, you're just taking a chance every day...

Quote:
i feel like i will never get there. no matter how much i want it.
If you want it, you will find a way. Yes: you will find a way. But you have to try to find a way--it's not going to just happen. If you want it, you will find a way to make a plan that you can realistically stay with--even if it's for just one day to start. If you want it, you will find a way to learn how to use your elliptical. If you want it, you will find a way to not eat foods you know you shouldn't be eating. There are no deep dark secrets to it other than these!

But, think for a moment. Is there any reason why you might not want it? Just something to consider...

Don't give up, PrettyP! Don't give up!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #11  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I noticed you were missing in action, Paula! Don't beat yourself up! Forgive the step back, and take a step forward.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I started diets a number of times in the past (though I'm trying to get out of *that* habit!). I often find it easiest to (re)start by choosing very small goals (e.g, taking supplements regularly, drinking a certain amount of water, whatever). Having those small successes under my belt helps psych me up for bigger things. And it's helpful to get those habits down pat so that I don't have to spend the effort to make lots of changes simultaneously.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

paula,

i lose about half a pound a week. but it takes me three months to see that.

I weigh exactly what I weighed in June now. but by the end of the month i'll see a tiny loss...

if i lost any slower i'd stand still. in fact, it often feels like standing still.

maybe you need a different plan?
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Get back here and take it one day at a time kiddo...there is no magic cure...you have to move forward....to start....it is as simple as that.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #15  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Paula - OK, breathe - you CAN do this. I KNOW you can. Remember when you were coming here every day and posting and losing? You absolutely can do this. You have all of the keys to success. Jump back on the accountability thread and post every day. Get on that wonderful new machine and just go. You will love it. They really are a lot of fun

I'm expecting to see tomorrow's post from you that says you have exercised and stayed OP.

I am looking forward to your fun posts and your success stories!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote