Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 07:47 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of July 14th!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!I am up early cuz I wake up soo early 5 days a week that 6am is late!!!
Having a good weekend of doing nothing!!!Have accomplished nothing, cleaned up nothing and today sitting around doing nothing!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!!
RR
Old 07-14-2002, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Thumbs down

Hi! I'm new to the board and just wanted to say hello. I'm 33 recently diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Let's just say this news is a real eye opener. I knew I was overeweight and have been trying to do something about it. Now I'm going to try a little harder. The dr. scale had me weighing in at 174, but my scale has me weighing 10 lbs lighter. And I know being under 5' I shouldn't weigh this much, so I'm hoping to start losing and keeping it off

So hopefully if I keep reading your posts and hearing how others are losing...I will too.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:36 AM   #3  

WElcome Ms24!!!!Please post and get to know everyone!!!RU on any meds for the diabetes or is it diet controlled at this point???
We are all on different diets, but many have lost through WW point system...I am currently 17w5d pg and still follow the diet but have added about 300-500 calories to my daily intake...
Nice to have an addition to the "family"!!!!!!!
RR
Old 07-14-2002, 01:06 PM   #4  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi everyone,

Welcom Ms24. I am sinnrah...I just turned 31 and married w/ no kids. Well maybe. lol My dad was just diagnoses with diabetes. And it has been really hard for him to find food to eat. He is on medication. But he is stubborn sometimes. and eats things he should not eat.

Congratulations Roadrunner on the pg.....

Sinnrah
Old 07-14-2002, 03:12 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Welcome Ms24! Glad to have you with us. Have you decided on a weight loss plan, or has your doctor given you a plan to follow? I have been following WW, but not very faithfully lately. I'm 13w3d pregnant and just trying to stay on track.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 07-15-2002, 07:20 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone!!!!I am on the later shift today since SD#2 has her speech therapy!!It was nice to sleep until 6am....
Have a great day!!!!
RR
Old 07-15-2002, 08:58 AM   #7  

Welcome MS24!!

Sinn, its a good thing I usually travel with my husband. I do so much better on my diet when he is around. He's been gone since wednesday and I've done nothing but watch movies and eat. Oh, I have taken a few walks and I did mow the yard (takes 2 hrs), and I did deep clean our bedroom and office but otherwise I have had more snacks (and pizza) than I should.

As a side note the show in KY was a mess. It rained all day friday and saturday so the people didn't come out. Those dedicated show attenders that did come did buy so it wasn't a total washout. Pack up was a mess I hear - the mud was deep. Took my DH 4 hrs to get out and there were still people trying to get their trucks to their booths without getting stuck. Hmmmm, rather glad I missed this one. We did have some sad news - found out that a potter friend of ours was killed recently in a wreck with a drunken semi driver. Tom is missed on the show circuit.

A friend is coming over to pick me and the boys up for a few hours. I've got errands to do in town and we need to stay away from the house a few hours while the 'bug guy' is here spraying and bombing the house. I killed two brown recluse spiders the other night (very common poisonous spiders in this area of the state). Yuck! and Yikes!

- jul (who doesn't want to weigh after all I've eatten this weekend)
Old 07-15-2002, 09:00 AM   #8  

Hi all - just a quick note - I am back, but babysitting for my 6 & 7 year old nephew & niece for a week - so probably won't be checking in much. Hope all is well! Welcome to the newbies.

Rabbit
Old 07-15-2002, 09:29 AM   #9  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi All,

Jul- I wish I could travel with him. LOL But I think that would not be allowed with the Navy.

But I dropped him off today. And he should be back at the end of July. Only two weeks. I feel redundant. I know I have said this here and in other post.

So I wont ramble about that. I do already miss him though.

Rabbit- thanks for the welcome. Have fun babysitting. I wish I could babysit my nephew. but he is in Tn.

Okay everyone..just wanted to check in.

Sinnrah
Old 07-16-2002, 07:47 AM   #10  
LBH

Good Morning All!

Don't have much to say, just wanted to pop in and say Hi! Hope everyone's keeping cool, dry, and OP! Have a great day!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:15 AM   #11  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

I'm also just popping in for a quick hello. We move into our new house on Thursday so I'm at work today and then off for the rest of the week. Don't know when we'll have the computer set up at home so I'm not sure when I'll be back but knowing my husband he won't survive too long without the computer! My apartment is a mess with boxes but I think we're just about ready to go. We've got the house painted where we needed too and we've acutally already brought over most of our clothes and the kitchen stuff so that should help a bit on moving day. I haven't been able to cook for the past few days so there's been a lot of fast food but I'm still holding on okay to the barely under 150 category! I'm still being really good during the day and splurging a bit at night so it's not too bad. By the weekend or Monday I should be able to cook again - I hope! Wish me luck!!

Welcome to MS24 - drop in anytime and let us know how you're doing. My husband and I informally follow WW - which means we count our points but don't go to meetings. It's worked really well for us. It gives us the flexibility we need to feel like we're not "dieting".

Sinnrah - Hope you're doing okay without your husband around. It must be hard.

Hope everyone's doing well and staying - it's been such a hot summer here but I can't complain.

Have a great day,
Elisa
Old 07-16-2002, 11:31 AM   #12  

Hello all! Not too much to report - although it is amazing that one could actually maintain at 150 on a diet of brownies and coke, but it is working!

Elisa - thanks for your words of support - I will get through this and hopefully get back on the losing track again. Doesn't 139 sound nice? Maybe we can go there together this fall. OMG - Thursday??? If I lived closer, I would stop by with a 6 pack and some big burly men. From here, all I can do is wish you well. Let us know how it goes!

RR&Lauren: It is so exciting to hear you guys talking. My nephew just turned 2 and his mommy (my sister) is expecting on Nov 8th. I don't think he really comprehends what that means - talk about life altering!

Lauren: The job in CA is for a toy company. It they are starting a usability research lab and need someone to head it up. I have always said that my dream job would be to work for this company doing usability testing and research.....Have been reading their job postings for a couple years. Nothing in research for all that time. Then in June they posted this add. So, I applied and my friend's friend who used to work there forwarded my stuff to the woman in charge of hiring for the position and my other friend got my stuff to the VP of sales and my Other friend got it to several of the producers - but I have heard nothing. Then, they posted the job again next week. I am thinking of just starting an all-out email attack - maybe then they would at least tell me to #$%& off rather than just not acknowledging my application But seriously, I have no idea if I am just not what they are looking for, or if they have not really started the review process yet (According to this guy, they only finalized plans to start the usability and research lab in mid May)

Tech: YEAY on all the losses! I am so excited for you. I do realize we all goe through cycles on this weight loss journey and I am making it through my down time. So great to see you on such a losing roll!

Rabbit: Enjoy those kits while you have them.

Jul: Yuck! Like spiders aren't bad enough - do they really have to come in poisonous variety's? Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sinnrah - Welcome! Sorry to hear that your husband travels so much - hopefully we will be able to help keep you company

MS24Gal - Welcome also! Sorry to hear about the diabetis, cholesterol and blood pressure. When did you find all of this out? Please feel free to come here and get whatever type of support you need as you learn to manage these conditions. You can do it!!!!

Thats it - have a great day! I am going to try to plan a new goal and then edit my signature line
Old 07-16-2002, 12:24 PM   #13  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Bailey - nice to see you back! I wouldn't mind a diet of brownies and coke if I got to maintain!! If you just added pizza I would think I was in heaven! I'd love to join you in the 130's very soon. And wish I could take you up on your offer of beer and burly men !
Old 07-16-2002, 02:17 PM   #14  

mmmmmm.....pizza, beer and burly men - sounds great!

A quick question for anyone who knows - I am trying to edit my food journal, but I can't. Can we still edit posts?
Old 07-16-2002, 02:48 PM   #15  
LBH

Hmm, what kind of error are you getting Bailey? This may sound dumb, but did you type in your ID and p/w?
Closed Thread