South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Default A Weekend on the Beach

Wow am I really the first on today? I'm sure Ruth or Cottage is trolling out there somewhere. I didn't sleep well at all lastnight and finally gave up about 5 am. I've got my yoga in and am now sipping some coffee and planning my day.

Not much on tap, cleaning and laundry. Tomorrow I have to go pick DD up in Indianapolis, she has been at her dads for a week and school starts Wednesday.

What does your weekend look like?
Old 08-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chirpings!

Good morning! It's shaping up as a glorious morning so grab a cushion and come sit on the back deck with the Doggage and me. I keep the chair cushions in the house this summer as it seems to rain every darn night! Late yesterday we had a navy blue sky that looked like the end of the world and then a downpour!

Once again it's too wet to garden but it's just as well as Hersh is due at the groomer for 10. Since I'll be 15 minutes on the way to town, I'll carry on and pick up a few groceries although I try to avoid Saturday shopping. Yes, I'll avoid the darned Chinese Buffet and have cheese and fruit for lunch. I'm hoping to stock up on some blueberries for the freezer.

This afternoon, I need to test some baking recipes as Claire and I are catering a christening next weekend. Don't worry - I'll resist temptation. Cooking wearing surgical gloves really helps. Would you lick a rubber-covered finger?

What's happening on your stretch of the sand?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Pacer and thanks for starting us up. Sorry you had such an early wake-up. I'm managing to sleep in a bit later these mornings - about time! There is no reason for me to be awake at 5 these days. Safe trip to Indianapolis. Last time I flew there I got caught on the circle road in morning rush hour and felt I was on the Speedway!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

you moved the thread while i was posting!

i'm up
the dogs are fed
coffee is brewing

DH is getting ready to go away! i'm making shopping lists
Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Happenings at The Beach

Happy Saturday! The weekend has begun! (Can you tell I've been looking forward to it? )

I slept in a bit this morning, we were up late watching the opening ceremonies. That was a long, long program, I hope they served dinner! Not a whole lot going on today, Jake will be gone most of the day so I'll be cleaning and doing laundry and cooking for tomorrow. We're celebrating both Amber's and Tyler's birthdays with a BBQ and swim party.

What's everyone up to today?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning all.... Sounds like normal Saturday happenings all around! My son spent the night last night... called me up last night asking me to fish fry. I asked if he was buying, he said he's broke. I reminded him I'm unemployed! I did go pick him up to bring him home and polish off the Kashi Pizza I had last night. (I had one slice). He got into the car and I GAGGED! He's started smoking!!! He used to hate just the very smell of it, wont tell my the story behind him smoking. *sigh*. And now I see the truth behind "They ALWAYS come back!"..... however, he started moving branches for me, he promised to get them out to the road today .

I'm thinking they are going to call me for this job. I'm also thinking I could of probably gotten a little more out of him. Sigh, Oh well. But with free car repairs... my car is up to 115K, but these buicks run like the charm. Hoping to bring it well over 200, and of course we all know what that will mean. I have a sneaky suspicion as well that I will be able to get a decent used car from him.

Going to make my menu for the week and pick up a few groceries to make it happen! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #6  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

It's shaping up to be a pretty day here. I will be taking my puppy to a doggie birthday party this afternoon. It should be great fun and socialization for her, and fun for me as well.

The entire week has been busy reconnecting with friends with a lot of dining out, which I normally avoid. Now that we've connected with everyone, things should settle down in that area for a while. I did go off plan a couple of times, but I'm determined to stay on track.

Pacer, sorry you didn't get much sleep. I can relate. I'm not a good sleeper.

Ruth, sounds like you have a busy day. Enjoy your recipe testing.

Nessa and Cottage, enjoy your day!

Loriann, I hope you get the job.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Chicks.... boys have I missed you guys. Summer has been so busy. My dad has been home from NWT, for 4 weeks, he is leaving next thursday. We have had a huge family reunion with around 155 people. And this last week we have been replacing my roof, what a job that has been. Can you spell NIGHTMARE. Eating I don't even want to tell you, and the scales have been hidden. I am hoping that after my dad goes back home I will be able to get back on and post on a regular basis. Take care chicks and talk to you all soon. LC
Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #8  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Good Morning!

I've just got back from my morning walk with the dog, coffee is brewing, it's hot out already but no humidity yet. Some light cleaning and laundry today then I'm going to relax for the rest of the day. Tomorrow more dog walking and I received my badges from the world tang soo do association so I'm going to attempt to sew them onto my uniform . DH gets back from a business trip today and tomorrow leaves for a fishing trip to Alaska so I get the house to myself for another week!

I think I will carve up that honeydew melon in the fridge and have some for breakfast with some turkey bacon .
Old 08-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Good morning!

Well I am really hoping my mom is going out thrifting sometime today, just feel like going out somewhere for some exercise and I love to shop bargains for some nice clothing.

Meanwhile, I didn't have the energy to do my laundry yesterday so hopefully today I will get to it, but right now fighting off a bad headache (go figure) and I'm low on Excedrin so have to get more.

Well hope everyone has a good day, I'm off to do some Jillian Michaels exercise
Old 08-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies!

I am so glad it is the weekend, loooong week.

On the books today is cleaning and more cleaning and then this afternoon I am taking DD2 to a dual birthday party at friend of the family so should be fun.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Loriann praying you get that job and it is what you want.

Have a great day
Old 08-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #11  

We stayed up and watched the opening ceremonies too. At one point after the US went by, Brian fell asleep. I tried to get him to go to bed but he wanted to see the Olympic flame and he did stay up to the end. He's now up watching the US play Japan in soccer on on a Spanish language channel. I think we'll be watching a lot of Olympics but that's okay with me.

I have no major plans for the weekend. It's so nice not to have leaves in the pool now that the tree is gone. I need to acid wash the filter today which will take a bit of time but not too bad.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Good evening...(Well for me anyways) I have a vegie packed meatloaf in the oven. and shutting computer down early today. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Howdy hi. I slept LIKE A BABY last night. Tom and I just laid in bed watching some Lockdown TV show about a prison or something, and I fell asleep a little after 11 and he shut the TV off at 12:30. I slept straight through the night until I woke up at 7:30. Somehow I broke my fingernail diagonally in my sleep though. Very strange.....

Not much going on today besides going to the store. I'm excited to get healthy, unprocessed food into the house so I can try to lose some of the weight I gained in the last week. I have eaten nothing but straight starches and it about makes me sick to think about.

Well, time to get a move on. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Old 08-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
Howdy hi. I slept LIKE A BABY last night. Tom and I just laid in bed watching some Lockdown TV show about a prison or something, and I fell asleep a little after 11 and he shut the TV off at 12:30. I slept straight through the night until I woke up at 7:30. Somehow I broke my fingernail diagonally in my sleep though. Very strange.....

Not much going on today besides going to the store. I'm excited to get healthy, unprocessed food into the house so I can try to lose some of the weight I gained in the last week. I have eaten nothing but straight starches and it about makes me sick to think about.

Well, time to get a move on. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa

I know what you mean lisa.. I've gained some weight as well had take out 3 nights this week and I gained like 7lbs of water weight and I feel horrible about it.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! Had a great time last night meeting our friend's new girlfriend. He's quite twitterpated over her, so it was really cute to see him so happy. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants in Laguna Beach where they have this amazing rooftop where the sunset is so cool. It was lovely! Today I'm going to clean the place and this evening we're headed to our monthly poker night. I'm looking forward to getting my gambling on

So I had a NSV the other day. I was in the restroom washing my hands and I looked up in the mirror and I could see my collar bones. When I stood up, they weren't there, but if I hunched my shoulders in, they were definately noticeable. I don't think I've even seen them in the past 6 plus years. It was a good feeling.

Have a fantastic Saturday, Ladies!
ENJOY!!!
Closed Thread