Thread: Office Cookies
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
oreokitty
Amy

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

There are so many meetings at my job. I spend most of my time in a group home which is good because they are eating healthy and there is no junk food.

However, our meetings are in our main office and are accompanied by food. We have lists designating who is bringing lunch or snack. Then they pass snack/junk food around the table or even set it right in front of you.

Actually, I attended Core Team meeting on my birthday in June. The new nurse who loves me brought in a small cake with candles, etc. They all sang happy birthday to me & I blew out the candles. Then I guiltily said, "I'm sorry but I'm not eating sugar so I can have any cake." I felt bad even though it is a good thing & I'm obviously losing weight. They still told me I should take the cake home for my housemate. People really don't get it. I stuck to my guns & said no.

I think work is the most difficult environment I have when it comes to eating well.

Wishing everyone happy thoughts!
Amy

"It is important to recognize that there are two levels of spirituality, one with religious faith, and one without. With the latter, we simply try to be a warm-hearted person." ~~ the Dalai Lama
oreokitty is offline   Reply With Quote