Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default overtrained ?

I used to enjoy and look forward to my workout and was able to do my workout routine but those last few days, I have lost motivation. I feel no energy and feel so easily tired that I found myself not being able to do my normal workout routine, I'm just easily exhausted. My leg muscle also ache and get tired more easily (my workout consists of running and walking on top of other things) and I used to walk and run every day but I have not being able to do so in the last 2-3 days.

I'm also more hungry than usual. I feel tired.

What could be causing this ? Please help.
kaytlin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

It could be a lot of things, but I'm guessing your body is just worn out....probably nothing a good night's sleep can't fix! I would recommend finding some other activities that you can do besides just running/walking, because running is hard on your body especially if you do it every day. You could jog 3x/week and bike/swim/etc. on the other days to mix things up a little bit.

Make sure you are drinking enough water and eating enough protein and fiber as well - that will help keep you fuller longer.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I do the same exercise as you and I always feel better if I just slow it down a couple of days and make it a regular or brisk walk. Also, are you eating enough? If I have too much pasta and bread for too many days in a row, my weight loss slows and I begin to feel sluggish as well. I just replace a meal with an omelet, usually dinner. That helps. Maybe you haven't been drinking enough water? Anyways, I hope you feel better and get back to your runner's high!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #4  

Well I am drinking enough water and eating enough and sleeping enough (about 8-9 hours a night)...thing is a meal used to refull my energy but it doesn't anymore...I also feel heavy-leg. i just feel like i have no energy left no matter what. i also feel easily cold.

Last edited by kaytlin90; 08-08-2008 at 02:18 PM.
kaytlin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I was anemic in high school and felt the same way. Maybe it is time to go get some blood work. I don't know if you are a vegetarian and apologize if you I offend you, but maybe a little but more lean red meats might help.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote