Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216.2/209/160

Height: 5'8

Default Do you find your weight loss isn't as much when you stop Atkins then re-start?

Hi everyone - i'm new to the boards - been a lurker for quite a while but finally joined and this is my official FIRST POST! Yay!

This is my 3rd time on Atkins. My first time I did really well, lost about 40lbs in 3months, then i got pregnant with my daughter. I was 25 then, and somehow it seemed easier.

I recently did Atkins for about 2months in March and lost about 16lbs

and now i'm on my "third times a charm" and i'm on week 3 and i've only lost 4lbs. it's a little discouraging and i know i might be a little ahead of myself not being happy for losing 4lbs but i've always enjoyed atkins because of the quality of food you can eat vs.a low fat diet and that you see results quicker.

I am 213lbs (was 216.8) and i have about 40lbs to lose. i just don't want to get discouraged.....

today i had:

2 eggs w a slice of American Cheese and bacon
Rolled up turkey and cheese slices (2) with a cesar salad
grilled chicken with brocolli and butter
sugar free jello w/whipped cream

also, can we have ground flaxseed on induction? Ive used it before to make a really good "fake bread" and i know it has 4 grams of carbs but 4 grams of fiber so it would seem it would cancel out but i guess - if it's not on the induction food list the answer is going to be....no?
FastLanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

& welcome back to Atkins!!

You may want to have a look at this link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147710

As far as the flax seed...yes, its permitted on Induction: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/wha...a/flaxinfo.htm

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #3  

Hi fastlane! Welcome back to Atkins.

I was led to understand that Muffin-in-a-minute is acceptable for induction. I went very lightly with it for that period but I did use it.

I hope you'll continue to hang in and remember how you seem to lose in spurts on Atkins.......I'm no pro but I thought your eating program looked light on veggies.......try to introduce more of the acceptable veggies because your supposed to get 12 to 15 carbs from veggies and it looked light on your diet to me.

Good luck and remember every step in the right direction can only make you feel better and be healthier!!
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/214/130

I think a lot of it deals with age. I am a little worried that I have been losing the weight too fast. I am only 20. I have been losing anywhere between a 1lb - 5 lbs a day (before I started Atkins). I started Atkins two days ago and the weight loss has continued.

I am not sure what would keep someone from losing the weight the second time. The program is the same. Are you in ketosis?

Keep trying, and good luck!
Moonring05 is offline   Reply With Quote