Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Question Potato Salad or Macaroni Salad Question

Every time I make potato salad or macaroni salad, it seems to absorb all the mayo and the next day its so dry that the only way to eat it is to add more mayo which of course I don't want to do, so I wind up throwing it out.

My question is, does anyone know how to make it so the mayo doesn't disappear by the next day? (like the stores do) I do use vinegar btw and I do wait for it to cool down b/4 adding the mayo. What is the trick?

Thanks

Last edited by Leenie; 08-07-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #2  

Boo.

Only add half the mayo dressing when you stick it in the fridge.. then add the other half right befor serving. This will allow the flavors to mingle AND give you mayo left on your salad.

If you are eating this over seveaal days, then instead of adding the other half on the day of serving, just add enough to moisten what you plan on eating that day.

If you add some grated cucumber or something, the water from that will leech out into the salad as well, keeping it moist.. pick any veggie that tends to shed
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote