Old 08-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Thurs aug 7th

Morning all....one more day of work..yeah!!!! my parents just called from italy to say hi and see if we were ready to meet up with them. I'm sooo excited now. I just have to make it thr work. I have so much to do today during work to get ready..such as call credit card companies, activate my phone etc. Hopefully i'll get a lunch break (:

Hannah-I love DH apple laptop...i'm currently typing on it. The only downfall (which I don't have a problem) is that several programs don't work on macs. But they were suppose to be coming out with a program in which a mac could do both apple programs and window programs.

Alright all..hope everyone is well!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies...

GG...so exciting!!! I bet today will fly by. How long have your parents been there?

Hannah, no clue on the computers. Hope you find the right one, though!!

got in my walk, jogged a little. I've been holding off weighing until tomorrow. I'm gonna try to do it onlh once a week...we'll see. I've kept my calories under 1300 except for two days, and even then it was under my allowed 1550. It's funny, the first few days it was hard, but now it's no big deal. It's like my body has adjusted to eating less

Okay, need to hit the shower, then drop the kids off at VBS and run a few errands (feels like my life is errands!!) Then we may go swimming at a friend's.

Talk later, have a super day!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #3  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello All. Feeling a tad bit better today. Ah, yes, should have mentioned we went to the beach for vacation. Other then it raining everyday but one and all those darn pesky mosquitoes and mosquito bites it was ok.
I swear I am being hit with everything... a tummy bug and now AF. I need another vacation from all of this.

GatorGal---- Have fun on your vacation. One more day, one more day. Let the countdown begin.

Pmasci---- Way To Go on keeping it in the calorie range.

Well off to get ready for a few errands...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:44 AM   #4  

GG--A trip to Italy sounds awesome. I hope you get all your stuff done!

P--Great job on the calories. I still haven't been tracking but it's a goal...

Pear--Sorry you are getting hit w/things! I hope you are feeling better soon.

I am up and tired but I got my work out in and did dishes before the kids got up. I need to fit in a shower now! My little guy has pictures this evening so my day will be focused on trying to get him well rested. Not much else happening--I did eat 2 pieces of cheesecake last night. I still have some in the fridge but have lost my appetite for it. So the food thing still needs work. And my work out was good except I kind of wimped out towards the end so I need to push myself more. But at least I got up and attempted it, right? Well, better get busy. Have a good day.
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #5  
Nordic Loser

S/C/G: 290/t/220

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone - a newbie here. Just came back from picking mushrooms in the nearby woods. Want to know how many I found? 1... 2... 3... 3!!! Three mushrooms and that's it. I guess it's not the right season for it yet in this area.
Lady Pantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #6  

Welcome Lady Pantsalot!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  
Cheryl

S/C/G: 244.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

First, huge shout out and respect for all of you who jog, walk, or exercise in any way (P, Rikki, Kori). I tried it yesterday morning - so proud of myself for rocking it. Today I woke up barely able to move my *** out of bed. I despise exercise as it is - to have it bite me is not great motivation.

However, that said, I weighed in last night with great results. I have lost 4 more pounds since Saturday - 12 pounds total!!! My mini goal of 10 has been met. AND, the best part is that they tested me and I am in balance and my body is in fat burning mode. YAY!!

Another weigh in on Saturday. New mini-goal is 20 pounds. Hopefully I will hit 15 on Saturday.

My ex-inlaws are in town from Ottawa Canada - ex is getting re-married. That's my excitement for the week. Yes, I am attending the wedding (we are all friends - best for the sake of our son).

Enjoy the downhill slope to the weekend everyone!

c.

PS - Kori, I aspire to get a "nice ***" comment from ANYONE someday soon. Congrats!!
cp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Hi All,

Kind of a rough day here. Yesterday was a horrible day for me to be home and today is the fall out from it. I still like my job though.

GG, Have a great vacation!!

Robby's better today. He's still got a little cough and snotty, but no fever. I hate when they get those freak high fevers.

The meds really do seem to be helping me. I think I do feel more focused. I'm getting more done at work and at home. My house is by no means perfect, but I get more done in one shot than usual. And it really does suppress my appetite. A great side effect. If I'm busy, I just don't think about eating. I guess my mind is more focused on what I'm doing, instead of wandering and thinking about food? I dunno, but I'll take it.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls...

Pear, glad you are feeling better...I'm just getting over AF...boy do I hate her.

RLK, great job on the exercise...keep it up, girl!!

WELCOME Pantsalot!!! Cute name!!

Cheryl, congrats on your loss!!! Keep going, you're doing great!!! And WTG on the exercise...it really is true how you feel better when you are doing it. I don't love it much, but I love the feeling of having done it, KWIM?

Lauren, hope things are okay work-wise. As for the meds, so glad it seems to be working for you. HOpe Robby's feeling super by the weekend, supposed to be a nice one!! Are you guys expecting the 79 degree weather on Saturday??

Well, we didn't go swimming today, and it looks like plans to do the same tomorrow are cancelled as well. Things keep popping up for everyone lately

Better get out front and water my plants...they are looking very sad and in need of a drink...

Later, P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon!

GatorGal - Italy - how exciting! I hope you have a great trip!

pmasci - good for you for getting so much done and for sticking to that calorie range. That takes willpower!

Pear - Blech! I hope you're feeling better.

RLK - good for you for getting your workout in! I know what you mean about the food thing - it's an ongoing battle for me too.

Welcome Lady Pantsalot!!

Cheryl - Congratulations on making your goal (and then some)!! That's awesome! How do they test you to see if you're in fat-burning mode? Enjoy the wedding!

Lauren - I hope your day gets better. If you don't mind my asking, what meds are you on?

I managed to do a TurboJam workout a while ago. Now my son is sleeping and I still have 1 1/4 hours before I have to leave to pick my daughter up, so I'd better get something done!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!
~ M
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Pam, I hadn't heard that weather report, but that would be awesome!!

Guppy, I was recently diagnosed with ADD, after dealing with my 5 y/o who was diagnosed 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I have been on a few different meds in the past month, but now I'm on Adderall 20 mg. once a day and it's really helping.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #12  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

hello everyone, I had a moment of weakness yesterday with some french bread and artichoke dip I was happy to wake up this morning to no gain. I did really well w/ exercise yesterday, biked to my brother's house and let the kids play with their cousins. They had a good time and I had a nice bike ride. DH got rained out at work today, so we will take the kids to the fair tonight, I hope I can do well with my food choices there again.

Lauren, glad your DS is feeling better and you feel more productive on the meds.

GG, Have a FABULOUS time on your trip!

Pam, way to go on your calories! That is definitely the hard part for me. I'm sure you'll see the results at your weigh-in!

Pear, glad you're feeling better, hope AF's visit is short.

Rikki, congrats on getting your workout in!! It feels so good to get it done

Pantsalot, what kind of mushrooms were you looking for?

cp33, congrats on your loss!!

guppy23, a friend gave me the turbojam DVD is it hard to figure out? I haven't tried it yet.

have a great day everyone.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all... I overslept this morning so I didn't get a chance to post until now. I wasn't late for work but I have to be in at 9:30 and I got up at 8:23!!! I hate that because I didn't have any time to myself at all.

happy2be... regarding the computer... my husband is an IT Director. He recommends buying an HP or and Acer with Microsoft Windows XP. He said and I quote... "I would cut off my arm before buying a Dell..." This is said by the guy that buys all of the computers for his company and sets them up and runs the network. I have an Acer laptop and all of our other computers and printers are HP's. We also have several computers that he put together for the kids, my online business and for the kids to do their homework on. We have (I think) 7 computers in the house. That's the nice thing about his knowledge. He can put them together in a couple of hours... LOL

Dinner is ready so I gotta run! Hi to everyone and congrats to all who lost (Cheryl - 4!!! Excellent!!) and for everyone who got their exercise in...

Toodles!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #14  
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppy23 View Post
Good afternoon!

GatorGal - Italy - how exciting! I hope you have a great trip!

pmasci - good for you for getting so much done and for sticking to that calorie range. That takes willpower!

Pear - Blech! I hope you're feeling better.

RLK - good for you for getting your workout in! I know what you mean about the food thing - it's an ongoing battle for me too.

Welcome Lady Pantsalot!!

Cheryl - Congratulations on making your goal (and then some)!! That's awesome! How do they test you to see if you're in fat-burning mode? Enjoy the wedding!

Lauren - I hope your day gets better. If you don't mind my asking, what meds are you on?

I managed to do a TurboJam workout a while ago. Now my son is sleeping and I still have 1 1/4 hours before I have to leave to pick my daughter up, so I'd better get something done!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!
~ M
Thanks for the congrats! The test . . . I pee on a stick and it miraculously tells them whether I am drinking enough water, eating enough protein, eating enough carbs, and whether my body is in fat burning. It's pretty cool.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #15  
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmasci View Post
Hey girls...

Pear, glad you are feeling better...I'm just getting over AF...boy do I hate her.

RLK, great job on the exercise...keep it up, girl!!

WELCOME Pantsalot!!! Cute name!!

Cheryl, congrats on your loss!!! Keep going, you're doing great!!! And WTG on the exercise...it really is true how you feel better when you are doing it. I don't love it much, but I love the feeling of having done it, KWIM?

Lauren, hope things are okay work-wise. As for the meds, so glad it seems to be working for you. HOpe Robby's feeling super by the weekend, supposed to be a nice one!! Are you guys expecting the 79 degree weather on Saturday??

Well, we didn't go swimming today, and it looks like plans to do the same tomorrow are cancelled as well. Things keep popping up for everyone lately

Better get out front and water my plants...they are looking very sad and in need of a drink...

Later, P
AF - cracks me up! I hate her too!

Thanks for the encouragement on exercise. I just really don't like it, but I KWYM. It does feel better - I felt great yesterday. Today, not so much.