Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 04:31 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Post One Day Challenge Check-In #1

Proclamation: It's a loverly day in the Royal Neighborhood, though early in the a.m. and Empress Amarantha of the Walking Poles can't sleep because it is hot ... so she has proclamath her challenge early for today because it is the FIRST DAY OF HER ROYAL LIFE. So just for today, she's challenging herself to:

One: Bring a playful spirit to her usual Sunday weigh-in, which is sure to be an all-time high one, but the Queen doesn't care, just needs to get the facts. Weight gain is reversible ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Two: Rededicate herself to her (dare she say the word?) DIET! Ya-hoo! It is liberating just to say the word. The Queen has reached a conclusion that DIETS DO WORK (but they have to be healthy and sustainable).

Three: Do one hour of pole walking, broken into as many segments as needed.

Four: Eat a reasonable amount of calories. On a future ONE DAY CHALLENGE, the Queen, should she choose to accept it, will challenge herself to post a preplanned menu and challenge her imperial self to stick to it.

Five: Come back to this thread for a SHORT late report on compliance with today's plan as outlined in Points 1-4, but not post any irrelevancies, self-blame, excuses or whining. It is time for FOCUS! (Free Ourselves ... from weight ... 'Cause it's US ... and we're great)

Be it known: All and sundry folk from queendoms in the vicinity are welcome to likewise post ONE DAY challenges here BUT the queen begs them to come back and report at the end of the day. Also, no competition or disrespect is meant to the Blockette thread nor any other (nor eDiets from whom Amarantha, er, derived the idea of the ONE DAY CHALLENGE).
Old 07-14-2002, 01:38 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Methinks. perhaps, ONE DAY at a time may be better for me...I like the idea of completing a challenge, for a change! Perhaps after a succession of these small (not really small at all!) victories, I can proceedeth onto more manageable chunks of time...

As always, Q. Aramantha...you are a wise and learned ruler...
Long live the Queen!
Old 07-14-2002, 10:50 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Methinks I agree with you, Q. Katrinabgood! Completing a challenge is the best as I can testify, HAVING COMPLETED MY ONE DAY CHALLENGE of one hour of pole walking (broken into several time chunks) and 1950 calories. I still haveth four hours or so to the witching hour of midnight, but feel it is in the bageth!

Have to go to another town very early tomorrow and will post another (and different) one day challenge on this thread in the wee hours.

Aramantha's Weight as of 7-14-02: 168 (Up three)

"Tomorrow is a brand new day with no mistakes in it ... yet!" ~ Lucy Maude Montgomery (one of the Anne books, sorry, not sure if this quote is exactly correct, but it's appropriate).
Old 07-15-2002, 07:23 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Default MONDAY CHALLENGE: DIET

"It is morning, Senlin says ..." ~ Poet Unknown to Amarantha

Good morning to all who may lurketh here. Please posteth a plan for today to challenge yourself if you so desireth! Or noteth! But come backeth to report or Empress Amarantha will be sad! (We can't have that, can we?) No whining, excuses or irrelevancies, just the facts, Royal Ma'ams!

Amarantha's Imperial Edict is that DIETS (DONNING IMPERIAL ELUCIDARY TRADITIONAL SENSE), so her CHALLENGE for today is:

ONE: When she's driving today and passes a convenience store she will tell herself: REMEMBER YOUR DIET!!! She will enter a convenience store parking lot only to BUY GAS, USE THE FACILITIES, GET HELP IN AN EMERGENCY, AND/OR BUY WATER TO DRINK IF SHE RUNS OUT.

TWO: She will eat only what she brings in her royal cooler and have a nice meal when she comes home and if asked to go to lunch will say she needs to get home so she can finish writing (true).

Subgoals for this day's challenge are to stay in a reasonable calorie range and try to get some exercise despite the stress of a new project.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-15-2002 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:48 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Yesterday's One day challenge started strong and kind of fizzled, but not terribly so...Ate OP all morning...had Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad as a late lunch (around 4p), drove to Philly to return dd to school...stuck in traffic on the way home, ds dug out some trail mix (nuts, dried peas, little crispy soy things, etc) which we chowed down upon along with some Pringles...they WERE the reduced fat kind! No dinner since I needed a wee nappie before work @ 11p...No exercise unless you consider road rage a calorie burner! All in all, not the worst I could have done...but not the best! Ahh well...today begins a new day (no mistakes yet!) and so, a new challenge.

Goals:
All meals OP
Exercise of some sort, walking, swimming, video...something.
Water, 1 gal.

Will report in later this evening if, ahem...WHEN all goals are met.

If, at first, you don't succeed...try, try again.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:32 AM   #6  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Greetings, My Royal Friends!

All Hail Queens Amarantha and Katrina! Long may you rule!

I've decided that a combo of the two threads could work well: Come in here and post my challenge for each day, and at the end of the day report back. If I made it, then -- hey ! I'm on to the next day of the 21 day challenge. I may have a string of same-challenge days, but then will be able to adapt each day's particular challenge to circumstances. I think I like this plan.

Hmmm. Also need to stop procrastinating, or I will be up Sh*t Creek without the proverbial paddle. And in a leaky boat. So I'm gonna post my challenge for today and then get on with it. Sigh.

Today:

Keep intake under 35 points.

Walk 3 miles and do 2 sets of Tai Chi (already walked)

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Journal every bite and report it here.

Have a wonderful day, Little Queenies!
xo
babette

Last edited by Arabella; 07-15-2002 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:25 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies/queens.....how are you all doing today?

Well, I have yet again come to the point of trying to get back on track and making myself fit......so.....with the help from my old thread friends....I am sure to do it this time......

I am going to try to find out what time the yoga shows are on here in the morning times before the kiddos awake.....and I can get myself going........I am also going to start taking the kids to the YMCA swimming.....and I might attempt a yoga class there for beginners.......I gotta start somewhere...somehow......

Today this is my challenge.....

1. cut back on fatty foods...actually all foods
2. get moving...not that I dont already chasing after 2 kids....but I will do extra.....
3. find a fitness program/show to do tomorrow morning.....
4. make every attempt possible to follow thru on my goals......

Ok....I will now get off here and get moving.....good luck to you all....hope you have a successful day!!!

Take care....LisaL
Old 07-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Emperess Amarantha's P.M. Report: She's back earlier than expected because a person she had an appointment with stood her up, so she (Amarantha, that is) is doing her best not to go crazy on calories to compensate. Howsomever, she (Amarantha) has MET all her goals for her ONE DAY CHALLENGE, thusly:

She stopped at NO convenience stores, zippo, not one! She ate only what was in her cooler (slimfast, I'm afraid, but that was all she wanted)! She had a low fat BBQ sandwich in a low fat bun, two miniature ice cream cones, and a cranberry-strawberry-lime smoothie (50 calories, made with frozen fruit & water) for dinner, which she ate a bit early since she was up at 4 a.m. (She's sure she has too much work to do tonight to eat).

BTW, what Amarantha was trying to say about DIETS above is that in her opinion, they DO work ... DIET is her watchword ... REMEMBER THE DIET (Do It Exceptionally Today!!!) Hooray!

Greetings to Queens Katrinabgood and MomTo2Boys, as well as HRH, The Wood Nymph Arabella!

Armamantha's Weighty Story

All-Time High Weight: 246 (approximately)
All-Time Low Weight: 104
Best Weight in Recent Years: 142
Current Weight: 168
Ultimate Goal Weight: 135

168/168/135
Old 07-16-2002, 03:50 AM   #9  
Empress/Queen

EA (Empress Amarantha) is excited waiting for everyone's report from yesterday (report, report, report?) and since she's still working at almost 1 a.m. and starts her eating day at midnight, it is morning and she's posting her ONE DAY CHALLENGE for Tuesday. She had a few extra calories after posting her report last night, but the beauty of that is calories were NOT part of her challenge yesterday, so they don't count, WOO-HOO! QA is a success. She made it around that tiny block of time called A DAY

Tuesday's Challenge for Me: ONE, eat approximately 1800 calories plus or minus (e.g., no more than 1899 but as far less as I want); TWO, pretend I am having an operation on Wednesday and can't eat anything from 9 p.m. to midnight (or beyond to morning if I can make it).

168/168/135
Old 07-16-2002, 06:30 AM   #10  

Wink Tuesday am

Hello all!!

My challenge for today is to get down off the ledge that Monday made me crawl out onto. Part of it might be blamed on too much sinus medication but even still, not enjoyable.
Don't think I even got half of my oxygen requirement, nevermind all my water. At one point last night, I was standing at the sink chugging water before I went to bed. Then I realized, I might not want to to do that either!

Q Katrinabegood, were you traveling north or south to Philly??
I'm less than 30 min south from the airport. Little humid this morning??

Q Aramantha-- I can relate to the store challenge- there are certain aisles I don't go down- One store has the sugrfree pudding at the top of the cookie aisle- I just dart and grab!!

Have a good one all!
Old 07-16-2002, 07:48 AM   #11  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wink Okay, let's try this thing again...

Good Morning All!

Yesterday:

Keep intake under 35 points. -- wasn't careful enough about portions, any count would be an estimate at best.

Walk 3 miles, do 2 sets of Tai Chi (walked but no tai chi)

Drink >3L water. -- Glub. slosh. Yup.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies. Yup

I'll put in what I ate, just for your viewing pleasure

Food Points
Oatmeal with fruit and soy milk 7
1 c soy milk 2
oatmeal (yup, as a snack) 3
Salad with lentils and feta 8
Lemon garlic chicken 5
Hoummous 8
Tabouli 4
whole wheat pita 2
Points = 39, at a guess.

Ah, well. Yesterday didn't go quite as planned. Did the walking, drank the water, but fell by the wayside slightly. Nothing wild, just picking at things while I cooked (let me say here and now that any challenge I post includes 1. not eating anywhere but at the table when I'm alone and 2. not eating when I'm not hungry) and was over point limit. Also didn't do tai chi. But - yes! - today is another day!

This evening I'm having dinner with friends, so I shall have to be careful.

Empress Amarantha, congrats on passing the convenience stores (not to mention your royal promotion!) and getting in a succesful day yesterday!

Today:

Keep intake under 35 points.

Walk 3 miles, do 2 circuits, and go to Tai Chi (already walked and did circuits)

Drink >3L water.

Get at least 7 servings of fruits & veggies.

Speaking of too much work ... I've really got to limit my posting. Have a wonderful day, Everyone!
xo
babette
Old 07-16-2002, 08:55 AM   #12  

Default Day 1....OK

Well, day one went ok, but I could have done better at bedtime!!!

I managed to go get groceries and I am going to attempt doing slim fast shakes, smoothies, and eating a small dinner.....so...I got all the stuff I needed and did really well all day moving around, drinking my water, and not snacking....but then bedtime TV came and I went downstairs for some water and realized that there was only a bowlful of potato salad left and why not finish it off......well I did...and I felt guilty at one point and realized I really hadnt eatten much all day long......but at bedtime wasnt the best time to get some food in!!!

Challenge today.....
MORE WATER
MORE WALKING
NO OVER SNACKING

Will let you all know later tonight or early morning how I did on day 2

Amarantha....good for you on passing that conveince store.....at least you didnt over indulge on your dulce de leche by passing it by!!!! Sorry to hear you got stood up!!!!

Take care all...LisaL
Old 07-16-2002, 08:18 PM   #13  

Default Day 2...went like a dream!!!

Well, I can hardly believe it....I managed to remain faithful to myself and I got things done today.....

I ate good healthy foods and did NOT over indulge......BIG BONUS

I got housework done( bathed 2 boys, 2 loads of laundry..so far..., vacuumed all floors, mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors, and picked up after my oldest son and his 2 friends all afternoon)

Went for a half hour walk with the little one....couldnt go any further.....darn water I drank today was needing the release valve opened......ha ha

Water....hmmm....I think I have truly lost count......but I am pretty sure I have had about 40oz at least....and I am not done yet......

So, I will keep plugging away for day 3 to be a success as well!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 03:47 AM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Royal Yo! Congratulations to all who hath reported One Day Challenges. MY REPORT IS ALSO SUCCESSFUL. Ended eating well befor 8 p.m. at 1870 calories.

HRH Queen Arabella: Thank you for posting your menu. I really love to see what people are eating. Here is mine from yesterday:

2 lowfat, low cal BBQ sandwiches (weird breakfast, but there it is)
1 slimfast
2 slimfast in cooler for trip
Miniature ice cream cone*
2 slimfast
Lowfat chicken breast (the precooked, prepackaged portion from grocery)
Miniature ice cream cone (full-fat, dipped in chocolate, 8 to a package)*
Unlimited vegetables
Cranberry Mist Slushie (frozen cranberries and two strawberries whirred in blender with lots of ice and a bit of water, plus a touch of sugar)
Supplements: Glucosome chrondoitin w/Cox2 inhibitor, acidolphidis (sp?), flaxseed oil capsule

"Day by day in every way I'm getting better and better! ~ Emile Coue
Old 07-17-2002, 06:34 AM   #15  

Smile Tuesday am

Hello all!!

Met yesterdays challenge and saw vast improvements all day especially in how my workflow was managed and felt so more like myself too.

Today's challenge is to start early with the water to start things rolling in the right direction.

Banged up my ankle, both elbows and one knee so will only do stairs at a lighter pace--

Yesterday, 2 Prias
3 small apples
2 veggie burgers
2 light breads
4 oz tofu
lots of stirfy veg
1 cup lo yogurt
1 cup blueberry
1 banana
4 sugarfree popsicles
5 mini tootsie rolls
Closed Thread