Old 08-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Wed Aug 6th

Morning all. I'm definately having trouble staying focused for work these past few days. I think my brain is already starting on vacation LOL. Hope the rain clears up for those stuck in the house. Check back tonight.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

good morning all...

Just got back from my 2 miles...I added jogging at the last half mile. I really miss it. Hope my knees don't start hurting again!!

Dropping the kiddos at VBS, then off to bank & food store. Bellydancing starts again tonight...I'm in the Advanced beginner class now..so excited for the challenge!!

GG, you better get on the ball sistah!!! Just kidding, sometimes it's better to do packing last minute, KWIM?

Kerry, forgot to say congrats on your loss...keep it up girl!! You'll be at your mini goal in no time!!

Okay, I'm sweaty & on a time crunch, off to the showers.

Have a wonderful day, chicas!!!

Cheers,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chicksters...

Quick hi to everyone. I need to exercise, shower and get moving. Lots of little things to do today. Hope that everyone has a Happy Hump Day!

BTW ~ Wall-E was sooooooo boring. I almost fell asleep. Normally, I love Pixar films but how this one ever got great reviews is beyond me.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

pmasci, I wish I had the self-discipline to drag my butt out of bed and exercise in the morning. It's so cold out there! (Wahh!)
However, I did go jogging yesterday, and some teenage boys were on the path in front of me, standing around. First, I thought, uh-oh! But they said, "Nice day out." and I said yes, and they smiled friendly-like and said, "Good weather for a walk", and "Have a nice day." and as I walked away, wishing I was jogging, one of them says to the others, "Wow, did you see her @ss?"
Good thing I was facing the other way, I blushed, I'm sure!
Now, I realize that was inappropriate, but it was meant in a good-natured way, and you should hear some of the shocking things people say here that are meant as compliments.
It sure put a spring in my step!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone! Pam... you amaze me that ou get up so early and do so much. I'm still prying my eyelid open for an hour after I wake up!! LOL

GG... I hope you have the bestest, funnest, happiest vacation ever!!!

Kerry... I forgot to tell you congrats too!! So... CONGRATS!!!

Well, gotta go take the little chica to the camp bus stop. Tomorrow is her last day so they are having a party today. Check in later!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Oops... Kori and Joan... we posted at the same time. My daughter said Wall-e wasn't that good either. She went to see it on a camp day trip.

Kori... congratulations on your nice hiney!!! LOL
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies,

Cheryl, good for you taking your walk in such heat, I probably would have told myself it was too hot and skipped it so great dedication . Hope you were able to resist temptation last night and stuck to your plan!!

Marianne, did you get downstairs and exercise.....please tell we yes!!! I didn’t and a disappointed with myself, I will try again tonight though and I won’t give up!! No one here except my husband knows my real weight either. As for what I have done.......well not a lot, just trying to watch what I eat. I know things would move faster if I could just get myself moving!! I live in Cobourg which is a really great little town, very beautiful and constantly growing. With our beautiful waterfront and quick commute to Toronto we have a lot of Torontonians moving here. Where were you living??

Rikki, congrats on getting that workout in!!! I could really use some of those “work out boosting endorphins”. That is where my problem lies........finding the time to exercise but I won’t give up, I will try again tonight, if only my 14mth old wasn’t so difficult with his sleeps I wouldn’t have this problem. *sigh*

Kickemjenny, good luck today with resuscitating your diet  potato salad sounds really yummy 

Valerie , good job staying on track even though you are not feeling 100 percent!! Inspiring, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Kerry, yahhh for your loss, good on ya!!

Pmasci, good job getting your walk in, I have always wanted to try belly dancing, but always felt like I had a little too much belly and wouldn’t feel comfortable.

Any way I gotta run (not literally unfortunately) as the kiddies need to eat.

Hope everyone has a great day!
MyOwnSaboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/184/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Ok Pam, I am truly amazed at how much you can get done in the morning! I so want to be a morning person! Or an afternoon person, or an evening person...

Kori, nothing like a some admiring comments to get you moving! Good for you!

Monica, oh yes, I got downstairs to exercise yesterday...turned on the video, started, and then my 21-month old woke up crying. I went and got him thinking he just needed to be resettled but no, he cried for the next 40 minutes and then didn't go back to sleep. He only slept for 1/2 an hour! So there went any time I had left before going to pick up my daughter at day camp. My husband doesn't even know my weight - I'll be happy to tell people once I've lost it all! I know Cobourg, beautiful area! We live in Winnipeg, but I really miss Ontario. I'll keep pushing to get us back there!

Isn't there a new belly dancing workout video out there? Has anyone tried it?

Well, I'm going to put the kids in the jogging stroller and go for a walk this morning. I'm waiting to hear from a friend to see if she'll join us - going with someone always helps!

I hope you all have a good day! Congratulations to everyone on your progress!!

~ Marianne
guppy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/180/140

Good morning all!
Just a quick note before I have to get busy working in my yard before it gets to hot.

Kar- Sorry I didn't get back yesterday but we went up to NE for vacation. My sister lives out there and we had never visted so we took the time this summer. I know Nebraska doesn't sound very exciting but we had a blast. I'm still a little protective of taking my son to some places since he is still little.

As for going to work I already have a job in place. I was approached by a firm last fall wantin me to work for them but I told them I really wasn't ready to leave my son yet inspite of being interested in them. So they were willing to wait until this Aug. for me to come to work. It has been a true blessing having the security there of a job waiting but at the same time now I'm really nervous and hope I live up to their expactations.

It has been one of my movators in loosing weight. See I'm supper cheap and don't want to buy new work clothes. Plus I know I will feel better about myself if I'm down to a more normal size.
Miltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/180/140

So much for a quick post!

Joan I think WALLE got good reviews because it had a social message they liked.
Miltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #11  

*By the way, I wrote about the 30 Day Shred on yesterday's post if you missed it (those who asked me about it).*

Good to know Wall-E isn't worth it. I didn't think it looked good but I have liked the other Pixar films. Oh well, we will have to find something else to do w/our time.

Kori--I would be happy w/that, too!! Good to know someone appreciates the work, right? ;-)

Monica--It is hard to find time to work out!!! Does your 14 month old have problems getting to sleep? Sleep is the #1 issue for so many of us parents--why can't they just be born to sleep at night, all night?? It would make parenting easier. My kids get up soooo early--that's my problem these days. I am tired!

Miltrez--That's awesome about the job. I understand that about buying new clothes--I had that issue recently.

Good job those of you getting work outs, walks, etc. in this morning. I slept thru the alarm so I didn't get mine in yet. I have so much laundry and so many dishes to wash that I don't know what I will get done. I shopped for hours last night so that was added exercise, right?
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning ladies (and gents!). I have a confession to make. I've gotten addicted to Mahjong Connect. It was so bad that I had to step away from the computer for a couple days to break the habit. Whew. I've never gotten that badly hooked before. I was playing until 2:30/3 AM. That game is EVIL. I would log in for "just a minute" and before I knew it hours and hours had gone by.

The good news around here is that DH has gotten a job. He's going back to his old company. They are paying him more than he was making when he left, but can't compare with the benefits package so it's like a paycut. Oh well, at least it's a job! He will be working mostly from home so it will be something to get used to. At least we will be saving the gas and impromptu (sp?) lunches out money. Hopefully it will help offset the higher insurance costs.

A good thing about DH being home all the time, he's been encouraging me to exercise. We've walked outside with the kids a lot. And I have a PSA for using the treadmill. Do not close your eyes even for a second. I was walking on ours last night and I felt like I had something in my eye. I closed them for just a second to rub it and the next thing I knew I was flying off the thing. Luckily, we have a LaZBoy recliner love seat right beside the treadmill so I landed on it, with enough force to lay it out flat! To say the least, I was a bit startled. I am happy to report that the emergency shut-off does work! I faced the monster and got right back in the saddle! I walked another 13 minutes!

to all of the newbies! It's wonderful to have you here. I can't wait to get to know all of you.

GG: It must be hard to concentrate on the mundane work things when you have such an exciting vacation planned! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Pam: Good for you for getting your workout in!

Joan: I agree with you about WallE. It was cute, but I was SO bored. I was glad when it was over.

Marianne: Do you get FitTV? They have a belly dancing program. I've TIVO'd it, but haven't tried it yet. (For those of you who don't know, my DH was laid off and has been home for almost three weeks now.) I have to be alone to try it for the first time. I didn't want him laughing at me! It is hard to get in the workouts when we have little ones isn't it. My DD is 25 months and it's so hard to do anything. She just hangs on my arms and legs.

I will have to come back later to finish my post. We hired a baby sitter today and we are going out without the kids!! Whoohoo!! We are going to the local cinema cafe to see the new Batman movie. Have any of you seen it?

to everyone I missed! I will try to pop in again later. I will not go to the game. I will not go to the game. I will not go to the game!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #13  

good morning...happy wednesday!

been mia ... just busy...2 boys birthdays and school is starting for dominic...go to the guidance counselor today for school (he is going back to reg school yeah!!!)...he still wants to go to college so we are seeing today what has to happen for that to work out for him...he is ahead in credits but not sure if it is in the right oness...we'll see

gg: how much longer until you go on vaca?..hang in there...its hard to focus when you are excited for something else

kori: yeah on the compliment...yes it probably was inappropriate but some things make you feel good!...enjoy it

pam: congrats on the advanced beginner belly dancing class...have so much fun...i looked into it out here cause it seems like you enjoy it but nothing offered at the times i can get to...enjoy!

joan:i knew it....wall-e looks so boring and everyone kept telling me they thought it was going to be cute...i for sure now wont even bother...maybe rental

valerie: hows the job going...are you still there?

marianne: i dont know about belly dancing dvd i want a line dancing dvd...a few weeks ago was a coworkers bday and we all went to this country club (not usually my thing) and everyone was line dancing to these up to date songs (guess i was thinking it was going to be a bunch of older music) and it looked like so much fun...i tried a little bit bit but not knowing anything it was too much...i want a line dancing dvd....i look at exercise dvds all the time...will let you know if i find a belly dancing one...im sure there is one out there

miltrez: try ebay....i love ebay and buy lots of really nice clothes for cheap!...congrats on the job security...that is wonderful

monica/rlk2005: have a great day!

i better go finish getting ready...really procrastinating and need to actually leave soon...have a great one!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #14  

hi karen! we were posting at the same time..have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #15  

Cheryl--Hopefully you found today's thread if you are reading this. Good luck at weigh in and great job last night!!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote