Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/203/150

Default I was doing great! or so I thought...

My hubby and I went to the coast this past weekend and thought we were doing great. Lots of salads, I had no idea that they had so many carbs! and then I had seafood chopino, LOADED with carbs (tomatoes). We did however stay away from all sugar and anything white Gosh darn it- we thought we were doing so superb too!! oh well there is always tomorrow. I am just discouraged!
thanks for letting me share!!!
M
mseamons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

That's alright, I ate half a bag of beef jerky thinking...hmmm, meat! No carbs in meat...boy was I wrong when i read the nutritional information half a bag later! I think it was something like 8g per piece!! Oh well...sure beats my normal bag of buttered popcorn or late night pizza...
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #3  

sounds like you did great. Don't beat yourself up over tomatoes - none of us gained weight by eating too many tomatoes IMO.

All you can do is make the best choices with the options you have!

And the fact that you stayed away from sugar & anything white is awesome.
Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/203/150

Thank guys!!! thats kinda what we kept thinking, we did the best we could!!!!
M
mseamons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #5  

We are off to London (to visit the Queen! LOL!) in September and I'm working on what we'll manage to eat while we're away. I know just how hard you tried and how sometimes it just isn't enough. I think you get so much exercise on holidays it might make up for a wee bit more carbs......you'd be using up the carbs and still burning fats by the end of a day of walking and sightseeing. Good for you for keeping it uppermost in your mind and doing your level best. Who can ask for more?
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote