South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Default It's Not About Cheating - Jillian Michaels

It's Not About Cheating

For some people, eating more to make up for a caloric deficit on a particular day feels like cheating. To them, I say: Cheating doesn't exist. Try to banish that concept entirely. This is not about cheating; it's about balance. If you happen to eat more than your plan requires on one day, work out harder and eat less the next. "Cheating" is a gross word with negative connotations that imply you're "bad" in some way. Forget that word! Some days we eat less, and some we eat more. In the long run, as long as the more moderate days outweigh the less moderate days, you will achieve weight loss. It's that simple.

This makes total sense, was sent to me from her site newsletter.. for some reason that woman interests me.. she kicked my butt once already on the DVD, my thighs still hurt from that, lol

Last edited by JellyBean32882; 08-05-2008 at 05:57 AM.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I Netflix-ed one of her DVDs and I am also still sore - trying new workouts is great, but they are kicking my butt!

She is very real and has struggled with her weight and I think that makes her more accessible - though I don't ever actually expect to get her abs! I hope to try a few more of her workouts as I move through my queue.

Ally
amasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amasam View Post
I Netflix-ed one of her DVDs and I am also still sore - trying new workouts is great, but they are kicking my butt!

She is very real and has struggled with her weight and I think that makes her more accessible - though I don't ever actually expect to get her abs! I hope to try a few more of her workouts as I move through my queue.

Ally

Ya, I'm gonna have to really exercise today cause I had a bowl of asparagus with mushrooms, and a SBD cereal bar.. I think I overate.. so gotta do my Jillian Michaels level 1 today, then vacuum my room up, then prob help my dad clean downstairs, then cook.. then feed all the cats, lol.. busy day for me.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I think that there is a very fine line between eating and working out to make up for eating. I think it's VERY easy to fall into the eating disordered arena.

I NEVER adjust my food for working out and I never adjust my working out for eating. they are two separate things.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

I agree with Nessa, I don't ever try to compensate for what I eat by working out more. The part I will take to heart is the good days outweighing the bad. I think we all need to allow ourselves a cheat every now and then. At the same time we need to be very aware of those and not allow ourselves to fall back into bad habits.

That being said, Jelly I am a little worried that you have the wrong idea of what over eating is. I hardly consider a bowl of asparagus and mushrooms and a SBD bar over eating? Don't let yourself fall into bad habits on the opposite end of the spectrum here. Please don't take this as a negative comment just a little helpful advice.
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacergal29 View Post
I agree with Nessa, I don't ever try to compensate for what I eat by working out more. The part I will take to heart is the good days outweighing the bad. I think we all need to allow ourselves a cheat every now and then. At the same time we need to be very aware of those and not allow ourselves to fall back into bad habits.

That being said, Jelly I am a little worried that you have the wrong idea of what over eating is. I hardly consider a bowl of asparagus and mushrooms and a SBD bar over eating? Don't let yourself fall into bad habits on the opposite end of the spectrum here. Please don't take this as a negative comment just a little helpful advice.

To tell you the truth, I've always had the mindset of an E.D. person, before going on this diet I used to fast, take diet pills, visit pro-ed sites.. I still weigh myself daily just a nasty habit.. but I'm trying to stay into a healthy weight loss plan, not destructive.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacergal29 View Post

I wholeheartedly agree with both you! And, Jelly, please take a good look at the stickies for the Food Lists in the FAQs. You did not overeat at all today. If you don't get enough calories in, you may actually stop losing weight.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with both you! And, Jelly, please take a good look at the stickies for the Food Lists in the FAQs. You did not overeat at all today. If you don't get enough calories in, you may actually stop losing weight.

Thanks, ya that could be why my weight has slowed down and nearly stopped.. but what exactly happens when i eat the cals i need to eat and don't exercise? I only did like 10 min of Jillian Michaels DVD cause I was getting out of breath, she kicks my butt, LOL.. I figure a little exercise at a time is better than none at all, right?

I'm gonna be cooking my salmon soon, figure I should have that for lunch and dinner, don't have much of anything else except SBD frozen dinners and a bunch of Omaha foods which I won't touch, the burgers are beyond the fat requirement.

I could be really tired from not drinking enough diet soda too, cause I've limited myself on that so I only get a little caffeine a day now. BTW, is it safe to have like a couple cups of coffee a day, decaf of course with my ff half & half and splenda?
Old 08-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #9  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hey Jellybean, what's up.

I must reiterate what the others said. Girl, a bowl of asparagus and mushrooms and a SBD bar isn't overeating at all. Especially not the bowl of veggies, eating an extra bowl of good veggies (if you felt you were eating extra) is good for you IMO. I don't really think you could ever overdo veggies, unless it's veggies that are high on the GI index.

I would watch out for those bars though. I wouldn't eat them everyday or replace every snack with those, when some celery sticks w/ natural PB or celery with hummus or a handful of nuts is a lot better for you than those bars.

I think it's okay to have the coffee but have heard you're limited to one cup (not sure on that.) But I have at least 2 a day and it's not decaf, with sugar substitute and nonfat dry milk. So I'm probably cheating there. I'm not sure if half & half is allowed. You should try mixing in some powdered nonfat dry milk, it's just like a creamer.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote