Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #1  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Default Your body while losing

I'm at a 62 pound loss right now and can obviously see alot of changes in my body but am curious to know....when do you really start to take shape? Is it normally the last 20 pounds or so? I would really think that with only 39 pounds to go, things would start to shift into place at this point? I know everyone is different but am just curious what your experience with it has been.
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Wow!!!! 62 lbs? 39 to go? You are almost there!!!!

I know just what you mean. And of course we are all different. ESPECIALLY depending on how much one needs to lose. For myself, at 62 lbs down, I was seeing vast improvements. And I remember being about 153, about 30 lbs away, and feeling really, really good with myself. And then in the low 130's, wow, that was REALLY, REALLY a drastic, drastic change. That's when people really didn't recognize me. I even had to introduce myself, by name, to people. But those last 10 lbs, they really made all the difference in the world.

So yup, hang tight, with 39 more lbs to go, you still have waaaay more rewards coming to you. Keep in mind, the closer you get to goal, the bigger the difference (percentage wise) each and every pound will make. You will be amazed.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I am finding that right now after I hit 155 or so, small weight changes (like 3-4 pounds) are making a huge difference in how I look vs 50 pounds ago. It's really weird that I can actually see it in the mirror pretty much on a weekly basis.

It's a bit like my body is settling in to the large weight loss some, or maybe the skin is contracting as time goes on (please,please,please!!).

My shape is definitely different than I thought it would be, not in a bad way, but I realize now that I didn't know my body at all before. I certainly knew the fat - but I didn't know the body underneath that fat.

Last edited by fiberlover; 08-05-2008 at 02:06 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
I am finding that right now after I hit 155 or so, small weight changes (like 3-4 pounds) are making a huge difference in how I look vs 50 pounds ago. It's really weird that I can actually see it in the mirror pretty much on a weekly basis.

My shape is definitely different than I thought it would be, not in a bad way, but I realize now that I didn't know my body at all before. I certainly knew the fat - but I didn't know the body underneath that fat.
Yes siree!! 3 -4 lbs off didn't make much of a dent/difference when I was 287 lbs. & even when I was in the 200's and higher 100's. But when you get into the mid 100's. Wowzer. Every lb and certainly, every 3 - 4 makes a huge difference and it continues to be MORE of a difference the lighter you get. The same 3 -4 lbs is now a much larger percentage of total body weight.

My shape is also definitely different then I thought it would be - in a good way. I really hadn't a clue what was lurking under the fat. The fat was all I knew
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I'm right about where you are - I've losst 70+ lbs, have 30+ to go. I'm finding that at this stage the weight is harder to get off, but every little bit has much more dramatic results.

At this point I've definitely got more of a shape than I've ever had before (ok, I'm not counting "round" as a shape! ) but every 5# or so that comes off now seems to reveal something new to notice (skinnier ankles, shoulder and collar bones, line of my jaw, dip in my waist, etc.). I'm really looking forward to losing this last 30 lbs and seeing what a difference that will make!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

COngrats on the 60 pounds! I just reached my 60 pound point and I find it so exciting to know I am over half way there! I was wondering the same time too.. I really think it also has to do with how you see yourself as well...Sometimes I swear I still see myself as a size 24 not 14.. Maybe I should post some pictures for 2nd opinions LOL

I just bought a pair of 14 pants for my tight pants ( I like trying too small pants on every week it helps when the scale doesnt seem to move) and I get home and try them on.. and they fit! Lose fit not even tight.. so I should have bought the 12s I was looking at but they looked way to small for me..
Iam trying to work up the courage to go and try some on at the store.. I really think I will cry if they fit though. I havent been a 12 since college. (6 years ago)
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote