Old 08-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

Lightbulb Pre weigh-in tricks...

Its weigh in tomorrow so I'm going light on the food today! I'm just wondering if anyone has any good tricks and tactics for getting that extra boost the day before a weigh in? and is it at all beneficial not to eat the day before/morning of?
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

for me drinking more water seems to help..it flushes out the water your body is holding.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It makes no sense really, to take extreme measures for a good weigh in. If you do this once, and don't do it for the next week, etc. then you are going to constantly have to do drastic measures for every weigh in.

It's not a good cycle to get into.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #4  
No description available.

I think accurate is more important than low. The thing about scale weight is that there are so many factors: time of day, water retention, erm--other types of retention, recent weight lifting or cardio (heavy weights 2 days before make me spike, running right before weighing will make the scale show a 1.5 pound loss). The trend matters more than the actual number.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
It makes no sense really, to take extreme measures for a good weigh in. If you do this once, and don't do it for the next week, etc. then you are going to constantly have to do drastic measures for every weigh in.

It's not a good cycle to get into.

i totally agree.

weigh in is just a blip on the screen....

I pee before i get on the scale, that's my trick.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #6  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I weigh when I first wake up and after I pee too. But other than that, I eat as I normally would the day before and the day of. At this point I don't care what the scale says anyway... I felt muscles in my stomach as I lay in bed last night!!
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #7  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

I have a great trick -- work your plan the whole week and the scale will likely be down on weigh in day!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

yes I have to agree with the above, no tricks for weigh in or it's not a "real" weight and you are fooling yourself and it will backfire. I get up and pee, then weigh, that is it, I don't eat until after weighing, but I don't change anything the day before etc.. just do your normal thing and the scale will budge!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I just make sure I don't weigh if I've had a super salty day previous to it, and when I do weigh I do it first thing in the morning, before breakfast and after I've used the bathroom, without any clothes on. *shrugs* :/
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I agree with everyone else. Tricking yourself for weigh in day may work for a while, but eventually it'll backfire. You'll get to a point where the "tricks" don't work and then you'll be really frustrated and depressed.

I eat healthily and on plan (most of the time), hit the gym 4-6 times a week (depending on my schedule), and drink a lot of water. I do that as a way of life.

I weigh myself daily and log my weight on Monday. I don't try to do anything different on Sunday to make Monday's weight look "better" because I'd know that I was just playing mindgames with myself. And mindgames are what got me here to begin with ... so I'm not doing it any more.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #11  

Smile

The best 'trick' I've found is to eat nothing after 7pm. Do this all week, and you'll see even better results...but even just the night before WI works to optimize the result. We can all say that the scale isn't important, but truthfully we're all happy with losses at WI. Obviously you can't cheat all week and just do this the night before....but this, combined with rocking the plan, does help!
JeepersCreepers is offline   Reply With Quote