Old 08-05-2008, 01:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/253/209

Height: 6 Feet

Unhappy I am 318 lbs, and need to be 165 lbs. Atkins?

Hey all you people! How are you? I am all psyched about starting this Atkins diet. Today is day #1 and I have halted carbs completely. I only eat lean meats, and eggs, cheese, and water! I had 1 diet soda today.

Anyone out there, who has done this Atkins diet.... Please advise.

How long does anyone think it will take me to loose 155 lbs.???? I will be fast walking everyday if I can. I am hoping that I can do this. anyone with good and bad experiences welcome
xbubloox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

In general you can expect to lose about 1% of your bodyweight per week. When you're first starting out, at a higher weight, some people often lose more and faster. But eventually, if you eat healthily, you will slow down to the 1% (ish) figure. It's a good sustainable way to lose weight.

Quote:
I only eat lean meats, and eggs, cheese, and water!
I sincerely hope you have some veggies and, eventually, fruit in there as well. You NEED veggies to get the proper nutrition. Even the Atkins diet says you need to eat veggies and not just meat and cheese and eggs.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

and as soon as you start eating regular food again, most people say its all for nothing. have you checked out a program like weight watchers?
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #4  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to 3FC

If you haven't found it yet, you may want to take a look at the Atkins forum here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226

If you haven't read Atkins' book yet, you'll want to get a copy and get familiar with the plan. Vegetables are definitely a part of every phase.
Best wishes in your journey.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Good luck in your weight loss journey.

WELCOME!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good luck to you!
Just keep in mind that you want to take the weight off but most importantly you want to keep it off. That means, whatever plan you choose should be one that transitions you back to "normal" eating with permanent healthy changes for maintenance. We are all in a hurry to get to our goal, but it should take you enough time to change your habits for good and learn what you need to learn for the future. There's a lot of trial and error involved.
And I second (or third) the other chicks about the veggies. I've taken off 65 lbs so far and I think the biggest factor in my weight loss has been eating TONS of veggies. Fruit can be limited but it is important too, as well as whole grains for energy and nutrition. I hope the plan you described is some kind of an induction phase that doesn't last long, and then re-introduces these other foods. If not, it's not going to be healthy for you in the long run. It's important to eat a balanced diet.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome and good luck!
There is a low carb section of 3FC, and a member there, I think her name is Jersygyrl (or close to that) is very knowledgeable about a low carb WOE.

I would also recommend reading the book, or the atkins.com website to make sure you are doing induction properly.
Let us know how you are doing!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
There is a low carb section of 3FC, and a member there, I think her name is Jersygyrl (or close to that) is very knowledgeable about a low carb WOE.
Thank you for the vote of confidence

Xbubloox...I think my first question is, have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002 or prior) ? Reading the book is essential before you begin the program. It is important you follow the plan the way it was written & you understand exactly how & why it works.

If you are only eating lean meats, eggs & cheese...you aren't doing Atkins correctly. Atkins Induction is 20 carbs per day with 12-15 of those carbs coming from the veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list. You may find this link helpful: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138091

As far as gaining all the weight back once you go off the program...this is true of any plan...be it Atkins, WW, SB or whatever. If you want your weightloss to be successful & permanant, you must change your eating habits for the rest of your life!

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 08-05-2008 at 01:03 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #9  

Oh man! Thanks for all the comments! I am so happy to hear from all of you!!!!
I am waiting for my Atkin's new diet revolution in the mail. Yes, I eat low carb fruit and celery, broccoli, and cauliflower in between... I did not feel hungry!

I have some news, i only started yesterday, and I have now lost 5lbs.????

is it true that carbs and sugar keep you puffed up? because now I feel great and have tons of energy in just 1 day... I am scared now!! how can this good thing happen to me?

Last edited by xbubloox; 08-05-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbubloox View Post
Yes, I eat low carb fruit and celery, broccoli, and cauliflower in between... I did not feel hungry!
Not sure if you are aware or not...fruit, even "low carb" fruit is not permitted on Atkins Induction.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #11  

JerseyGyrl,
Oh, wow, I will stop eating any fruit for now. I am waiting for my book. And I will follow it. I did not know that. Thanks alot

Wow, I saw your pictures... I see in your beautiful face that you lost so much weight! Good job! I wish to be like I was in High school! I will get there! As long as god is with me!

Last edited by xbubloox; 08-05-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Just a friendly reminder....many people have lost a significant amount of weight while following the Atkins plan and have managed to maintain that loss. Some of those people are maintainers right here at 3FC! While Atkins may not be the plan for all of us, we should always remember to be supportive and encouraging to all of our fellow dieters.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 08-05-2008 at 04:02 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #13  

JerseyGyrl,

How long did it take for you to loose that 102 lbs?????