Old 08-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Chat Monday Aug 4th

GOOD MORNING CHICAS!!!

Well, another week, another chance to lose pounds, eh??

Valerie, sorry aobut the day yesterday. HOpe you are feeling better today. and that hubby is out of the doghouse

Fergi, so glad that you had a nice time on vaca!!! And you had lots of activity, good for you!!!

Got in my workout already...had to get up early. Cady has VBS this week, we need to leave by 8:15, and she need a shower...I was just too beat last night to give her a bath. So...gonna drop her off, then hit Kohls, and do some cleaning (hopefully).

Off to the showers for me. Hope everyone has a super day!!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Morning, everyone!

Welcome, Cheryl!!

Quote:
Holly, good luck with the rest of your semester, what are you in school for?
mamatoni: I am going to have my Associate's Degree in Appliled Science and will be a Registered Health Information Technician. (RHIT) Basically anything to do with patient information and medical records, including coding. I have to finish this summer semester, and then I have 3 left - or basically 1 last year. It just sounds better to say 3 semesters!!

pmasci - Good morning!!

Good morning to everyone else. Here's hoping we all make it through Monday!!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. I'm here...tired, don't really want to go to work. I think my body is starting vacation early LOL.

poppy-sorry about the key situation...hope you forgave dh.

fergi-gald you had a great vaca. Can't wait for mine.

have a great day all!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone! I got up early and worked out so I may be tired later today but I feel good now. I have to take my 2 boys for a hair cut today and the youngest has a dr appt this afternoon. My daughter gets to just hang w/Grandma and Papa all day while I run boys here and there. It should keep me busy--plus the heat index is supposed to be well over 100 today so that will be fun. Well, on to getting kids ready for the day. Have a good one! Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/220/150

Height: 5' 3

Default Newbie

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on this thread. Looking forward to meeting people here. I am from the island of Barbados and today is Kadooment Day (Carnival time) and a national holiday. I won't be going however as some friends and I have planned a beach lime. It should be a blast if the rain doesn't fall.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by kickemjenny; 08-04-2008 at 08:36 AM.
kickemjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Mornin'... monday has once again come. Off to work I go. Just wanted to wish everyone a happy day.

Yes, hubby is no longer is the doghouse but I was piiiiiiiii-sssss-ed. But I just went to bed because I was exhausted. The good news is that I got to log all the extra walking into my sparkpeople!! LOL

Talk to you all later!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Kick... we posted at the same time!! LOL

WELCOME!!!! Oooo... Barbados...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' everyone!

kickemjenny, WELCOME! Enjoy your holiday, sounds like fun!

Pam, I don't know how you get up so early and function enough to post.

fergi, welcome back glad you had fun and got your exercise in.

I got up and worked in my garden, I'll just consider that my workout cause now I'm bushed. I replanted some plants where some others had died. I have absolutely no luck with impatiens. I came home once and I said "hey where'd they go?"

I have to finish my coffee then head to the shower.

Have a great day all!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #9  

Hi KJ!!! welcome to our part of the forum.

Alicia...I go to bed before 10 pm...that's the only way I can get up early, and getting up early is the only way I can guarantee a workout.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone!

Cheryl and kickemjenny

GG where are you leaving to Italy?

Hi Pam

Alicia good to see you!!!! are you still working? I have been kind of out of the loop for a little while, it seems like things are slowly getting back to normal here! finally!!!

Valerie I am glad DH is out of the dog house!

Today I am a very happy mom! DS went to summer camp this morning for the very first time ever, he was so excited, I had tears in my eyes when DH and him left this morning, they were happy tears.

I had a great weekend, very busy, super busy. Saturday DH took the day off and we went antique shopping, that's what I really wanted to do for my birthday and it was a lot of fun!
I don't know what I was thinking when I planned 2 different events at my house back to back on Sunday. I had my book club at 9:30 am with 10 women, cooked breakfast, baked muffins, on and on... and at 1:00 PM I gave a jewelery open house party for my next door neighbor she makes incredible jewelry, we had about 15 women come over, it was a lot of fun, it was a lot of work and it was a lot to clean up, then after all that, I had so much food left over that I invited my other neighbor with her kids to come and help me clean the fridge as it was PACKED!!!! there was so much food left over. But it was all great and I got so see all my good friends on my birthday weekend.
I am afraid of getting on the scale after all that food!!!

Have a great day everyone!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #11  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

happy monday everyone! Thanks to all of you who responded with your own personal mini-goals, it is fun to read and helps me think of some other goals I could make for myself. I weighed myself yesterday and was up to 208.5 but was down to 207.5 again this am. Unfortunately my ankle is really bothering my so no run for me today, I might try to go for a bike with the kids if it gets warmer...Having an old high-school friend come for dinner tonight, haven't seen her in like 10 years. I'm kind of nervous about the evening, I think I weighed like 170 last time I saw her, and while I am proud of my losses, it is hard to know that she will be seeing the gain, not the loss.

kickemjenny, WELCOME!

happy2be, I love having a packed fridge Something very primitive in me really likes that all that food is there to feed my family. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Alicia, do you have a flower garden and a veg. garden?

Valerie, sorry to hear about your rough night. Glad you got a good walk in though!

Rikki, sounds like a busy day! I used to really want twins, thought it would be fun, but more and more it just sounds like a whole lot of WORK!

GG, hope work went okay, how many days left?

Holly, sounds like a lot of technical classes

Fergi, sounds like a great vacation, welcome back!

Pam, I hope that I can get my butt in gear and follow your example of getting up early to work out. Are you a morning coffee person? Silly question I suppose, but do people who work out in the morning drink coffee before? after?

Have a great day everyone!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All! Busy monday here!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hanna, it's good to see you! Is Sean going to day camp or will he be staying over night? Sounds like a fun weekend.

Toni, I only have a flower garden this year. I did have veggies last year and all that I had any sucess with were tomatos. If I weigh myself too often it drives me crazy. It goes up and down alot. Enjoy your visit tonight with your friend!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #14  

Hannah, glad you enjoyed all your celebrations...did you find any good antiques??

Toni, don't worry about your friend. I know it's easy for me to say, but you have had two kids, and this is what happens to most women!!! I'll bet she'll just be super glad to see you...enjoy the visit! As for my morning, I get up, have two cups of coffee while I watch the news/infomercials (love those things) then go for my walk. I do two miles in about a half hour, so it's brisk, but not a jog. I was joggin for a few months, but my knees started hurting. It does feel good to know it's out of the way though, and it gives me some alone time before the kiddos get up.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Oh... the weather! It's so sad and rainy out there. I want to go out for a run, but I'd melt out there in about 5 minutes. We have SIL's treadmill here for storage, but it shakes and squeaks so badly I can't hear music. So I go on the bike for awhile. I went to the fancy gym 10 km away to ask about drop-in fees, and they invited me into the back office to talk to a 'fitness counsellor.'
I am in no mood to be High-pressure-sales-pitch-ed, so I said, no thank you (nicely.) I asked for a brochure, they don't have one, but if only I'd go into the back..... NO!
So the 'counsellor' came out and asked me to come back with her, so we could discuss--- NO!!!
I finally found out the drop in fee ($10), and I am reluctant to consider joining them permanently, but in the winter, the snow is SO BAD, I can't exercise outside. I will have to think on this.
Have a nice evening, ladies.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote