Old 08-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Height: 5'4"

Default OH MY !! Pictures from vacation

Well I am home from vacation. As I posted during my week in Cape Cod, I did very well with diet and exercise although I want to cry when I look at the photos Yes, I know that my husband and sons are not professional photographers but looking at the pictures just pushed me over the edge. In fact, after a long ride home fighting traffic we decided to go to our favorite little family restaurant in town for dinner. Prior to going my husband downloaded the pictures and thats when I said, I AM STAYING HOME !! So here I sit, all alone, folding laundry and wondering how am I going to tackle this. I started my grocery list for tomorrow which is good because the fridge is empty and I will just load it up with all good healthy foods. I suppose I can look at those pictures and be happy that I will soon no longer look like I do. I guess I just need a hug..................
Suzzyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

!!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Look at it this way... at least you got into pix you can use for "befores"! It will get better!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #4  

Tonight was a bad night. Looking at those pictures I became the "B" word. Why am I so nasty? I know I'm fat! I think just looking at myself made me crazy. It did boost my enthusiam and I am more determined than ever. I hope to lose these 50 pounds by years end and perhaps rethink my goal and maybe try for another 10. Is 4 months reasonable?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Don't put a time limit on your weight loss. That's only setting you up to fail if you don't do it in the time you've planned. You can definitely get a good chunk off by the end of the year, but as you get closer to your goal, the weight loss will slow down. Just get on that wagon and things will improve!

The picture thing is funny to me (sorry!) because that's what got me started this time around. In April, at a birthday party, a couple of the teenagers were running around taking pix on a digital camera, and I got so flaming mad when they got me. It was ridiculous, I was ridiculous. I had such a hissy fit and made them delete all the pix. Afterward I was so embarassed at the way I had acted, and I decided to get on the wagon so that I could be in a picture again some day without throwing a fit. I started May 4 and even though I'm never going to be a model (LOL), I am already not so embarassed to get into a picture now.
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #6  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I know exactly how you feel. I feel so good right now about myself and how I look- so No Thankyou to any pictures. I don't need a reality check of pictures to throw me into a bad mood. My sons know the rule- no pictures of Mom. Crazy, but it works for me. (I don't ask for much from them, and they have no problems with food or weight so I don't feel like I am negatively influencing them)
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #7  

Lifechange....you are doing so well !!!! You are an inspiration !
Congratulations !!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Gosh... I can so identify with this.. hiding from the camera... I've seen so many pictures of myself with my fingers splayed in front of the lens....

I am determined to beat this thing. *grrrrrrr.....
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/261/155

Height: 5'6"

How I hate those cameras. Boy can I relate to this. Good luck to you!
dmz1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #10  
Wandering in the Woods

I can totally relate. The sad thing is, 40 pounds ago I had the same horror reaction to my photos, and I'd do *anything* to be that size again. So, it just goes to show, either pictures are something we should avoid, or, we need to get more realistic. I just got done updating the family photo album after about 7 years of photos piling up, and I hated to put the photographs of me that document this time in my life where I'm heavy. It took a lot of courage, and I did it. The only consolation I can say is that in future, there will be more pictures of me looking much better.

Also, I try to take a different perspective, like, from an imagined still heavier body than I am now, how these photos look isn't so far off my normal self. And, well, they are only pictures of the surface, not who we are and what we are accomplishing in our lives.... the photos' never show that... so I am sure to fill the house with things I've made and accomplished that make a statement about *me*, and thus make my True Mark in more ways than the photos.

ps. It sure makes me mad when my college aged step-daughter goes crazy with her tiny digital camera....taking one thoughtless and artless photo after another, then she'll post everything on her Facebook page. I ask her to not do it with me, and feel it is invasive to other's privacy.

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 08-20-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #11  
Wandering in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzyy View Post
I hope to lose these 50 pounds by years end and perhaps rethink my goal and maybe try for another 10. Is 4 months reasonable?
I dunno, I go by the philosophy that lifestyle change is the only thing that works for permanent, as prefered over a radical diet that is for a prescribed amount of time with radical deprivation, where risk of gaining back makes it all exasperating.

But>>> of course, you might be able to lose 50 pounds in 4 months , but you're going to have to do some drastic deprivation, and through the holidays as well... are you up for that? HOw about 40 pounds in 5 months?

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 08-20-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #12  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzyy View Post
I hope to lose these 50 pounds by years end and perhaps rethink my goal and maybe try for another 10. Is 4 months reasonable?
Speaking for myself, I don't do well with "far-ahead" thinking. If (and when) I stall out for a few days or a week, then I get a "what does it matter" attitude and "I'll never make my goal so why bother?"

So set up some temporary goals for yourself. "I will lose two pounds by next week" and then keep doing things like that.

Tell yourself that you deserve only the best. Because you DO.

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #13  
I will do it!!

I can so relate to this. I too was on vacation in July when I saw the pics of me I said ugh I need to do something. I always have been avoiding the camera because I knew.
alwaysej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Suzzyy, The best advice I can offer about your vacation pics is to remember how you felt while you were vacationing with your hubby and sons not on how you looked. The thing we need to try to remember is that our loved ones don't see us as "fat" or "thin." They see us as "loving mom" "supportive wife" "caring daughter" etc...Try to see what they see and love yourself right now at the beginning of your journey. Don't waite until the pounds are gone. Love who you are. (((( HUG ))))
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #15  

Thanks for all the support !! Since my vacation I have been doing well, the weight loss is ok, 8 pounds, I exercise EVERY DAY and I am hoping that next vacation photos will be much different. I am making some great changes and hopefully they will stick.
Suzy