Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

Height: 5'9"

Default Hula Hooping

Hula hooping is making a big comeback right now. I was just wondering if any of you ladies use this form of exercise. It's highly cardio and it's a lot of fun.
150reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yes, I do! I have a weighted hula hoop and I try to do it every night before bed, aside from my regular torture...I mean excercise sessions! I don't know if it's that great or not, but it seems like it can't hurt. I thought the max amount of time is 8 minutes, but I've heard 15 minutes lately, so I increased it to that much. Is yours weighted? How many minutes do you do it for? Do you do it as your main exercise or do you do other stuff too? Just wondering.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOVE my hula hoop even when it kicks my butt!!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #4  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Love it! I hoop as my main cardio right now, as it is so much fun. Ususlly about an hour a night, with my retro-covers music mixes on my ipod to put me in the right mood. Add some weights 3-4 times a week, and I'm feeling good. I also have a sports hoop from Hoopnotica, and the beginer's DVDs from them as well. LOTS of brusing on my hips during the first two weeks, though.
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #5  

I made my own hula hoop with irrigation tubing, connectors and electrical tape. I found the directions at www.hooping.org I don't hoop for any certain amount of time, I just put on some music and hoop till I can't hoop anymore. I was fortunate, I never bruised, but when I started I couldn't hoop for more than four or five minutes at a time before I was totally winded. Do any of you know of any websites or DVDs that can help me out on the tricks?
Old 08-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #6  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, 150Reasons,
ExpertVillage.com has Hula Hoop Basics 1,2 & 3 for free! I have the Hoopnotica DVDs, and I like that they have a section at the end of each "chapter" for problem solving if the trick is difficult for you.
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #7  

Thanks Circebee! I have checked out the info at Expert Village. I will look into Hoopnotica as well.