Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #1  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Default How often do you weigh yourself?

I've seen some post that say people weigh themselves everyday. I would go bonkers if I did that. Last time I lost a bunch of weight I become obsessed with the scale. That number I saw in the morning decided my mood for the day. I vowed not to do that this time and just weigh once a week. So how about you?
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

I used to weigh myself once a week, every Sunday morning right when I wake up. But I began to have fears of the scale Saturday night and would sleep horribly and feel obsessed with the number I'll probably see in the morning. So after weeks of suffering, I started weighing myself every other or every two days.

Sunday is my cheat day, so I won't weigh myself until Tuesday, then maybe Thursday and then again Sunday morning. Weighing yourself more than once a week, in my opinion, gives you a better idea on how your progress is. You'll know if you have to kick your workout and eating restrictions up a notch or not.

Good luck! =]
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Honestly? I weigh myself every time I find myself in my upstairs bathroom. So probably eight times a day. It just helps me keep on track. I wouldn't say it's an obsession; just habit by now.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #4  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

I weigh myself once a day, but only once. It's when I first wake up, after I go to the bathroom and before I shower (so I'm likely at my lightest for the day, haha). By now I know not to take small fluctuations or slowdowns too seriously; they happen and that's OK. But I agree that it gives me some idea of my progress throughout the week - the way I see it, it's either positive feedback (weight down) or a new wave of motivation (weight up/constant)!

I don't think I could handle waiting a whole week, because I like to keep an eye on my daily habits and I think I would get stressed out worrying the night before weigh day.
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #5  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I used to weigh myself every day. Then my scales broke and I got out of the habit.

Now that I have a new set, I am trying really really hard to only weigh once a week. The first week I stepped on a couple of times, but I haven't weighed myself since last Monday (weigh-in day for me) and it's Saturday today, so I'm doing OK!

I'm the sort of person who tends to obsess about things, and oddly enough not weighing myself too often has been one of the hardest habits to overcome!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #6  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Height: 5'7

I would have to say daily.... just to see what the number is and how what I eat or what i do relates to it. Its kinda cool to see how it changes.
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Daily. I just like to see the patterns. Doesn't freak me out.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #8  
SusieQ

S/C/G: 267/240/130

Height: 5"4

I weigh once a day - like cornellchick, just before I step in the shower. If I see progress it makes my day and helps me keep my resolve. If it's up, I know I need to be extra careful, and revise my eating to make up for it.

I retain water badly, so I take those days into account, so if I know my ankles are swollen and I am the same weight, I know I have actually lost weight.
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #9  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

i weigh everyday and chart it on an excel sheet. i also write lil comments next to it..like "was wearing heavier shorts" or "ate a lot of carbs the day before" etc.

i am very organized about weighing too. i try to wear the same thing..at the same time before eating and after going to the bathroom.

ok i am wierd. haha
ndnguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
i weigh everyday and chart it on an excel sheet. i also write lil comments next to it..like "was wearing heavier shorts" or "ate a lot of carbs the day before" etc.

i am very organized about weighing too. i try to wear the same thing..at the same time before eating and after going to the bathroom.

ok i am wierd. haha
I do almost the exact same thing! Except i only do it once a week Excel, wear the same thing (usually nothing), before eating and after going to the bathroom, same time of day
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #11  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

once a week, on friday. that is only because i'm in a weight loss group with some friends. otherwise, it would be less.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #12  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

I weigh at least once a day, sometimes more often - just because the scale is in the kitchen and it's always handy. I never get upset if it's more than what I want it to be, but really, I don't get THAT excited when it's under either. I just like learning about my body and seeing how what I do results in whatever it does in the end.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/130

I weigh once a day because I know I can't gain thaaat much in 24 hours. I didn't weigh myself for two years and gained twenty pounds. I'm determined to lose weight and even though it's been heartbreakingly slow for me (and I had a mini-emotional breakdown this weekend and ate too much and now I've probably gained), I'm going to face the scale every day.
KitgetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Ok I probably shouldn't have read this thread. I've been weighing myself about once a week and that has been working for me. I suppose if i were disciplined enough to lose weight at a faster rate i would probably weigh more often as i'd be lookin for faster results. I started with calorie counting in May(maybe the middle) and have lost about 10lbs. but am really struggling with motivation lately.

I'm going to start a new thread with the rest of my thoughts.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #15  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i have to weigh myself once a day to keep on track with my weight loss....
it doesnt necessarily set my mood....
but this week i have been bouncing around a lot due to the deductions scales have been making....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote