Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default Commitment to Christmas .... Continues

Here's where we started, but we are now at 21 weeks from yesterday!!

I know Christmas is a long way away.
(It's also my absolute favorite time of the year).
it is 32 weeks from today actually, I just counted!
I am going to be maintaining by then, but in order to do that, I need to really, really commit to this & I need company.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

a new thread! The other one was getting REALLY long! Which means that we're doing AWESOME with the number of people participating!

I'm down again this morning: #186.6. I didn't hit my July goal (#1.1 away) - but I'm still happy. I AM going to hit my Labor Day goal, and I've made my August goal tough to push myself! I'd LOVE to kiss the #180's GOOD BYE FOREVER! I'm going today and buying a few DVDs. Mine are getting boring to me, and I need something new to rejuvinate my desire to exercise!

I have #23 to lose in 21 weeks - which means I need to lose a minimum of #1.1 a week - COMPLETELY DOABLE! (although to hit August's goal I need to do #1.7 for the next 4 weeks)

Let's keep going! needs to bring me SKINNY CLOTHES!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #3  

yipeee a new thread! i added a 10 minute outdoor walk to my exercise today. i have 37 to lose by christmas. i need to stay motivated as i can. how is everyone else doing?

Last edited by bluemommy; 08-01-2008 at 04:25 PM.
bluemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #4  

I am OP with my exercise and a bit off with food, need to focus.
I am tweaking my carbs a bit and need to find some new recipes I think.

That always helps me & I like to cook so I just need to have good ingredients to make healthy meals and then it's easier to stay OP.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #5  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

*jumping in to subscribe*

I'm definitely here till Christmas. I do need to go back and read the last posts in the old one, though.

I am so excited it's August. It means we're moving through summer. I'm tired of this heat and humidity. I can't wait to go hiking this fall when it's cool and it's not so much a labor of love.

21 weeks till Christmas. Wow. I'm not sure when I started this challenge, but I'm only 5 lbs way from my original Christmas Goal. I can't believe it. I want to drop another 50 lbs by the marathon, and I think it's doable if I stick with training. It's 5 months and three weeks away. I'm really looking forward to that and am desperately looking for another job that will allow me to better participate in it. Group training is on the weekend, and I work overnight. Ugh.

It doesn't start until August 11, which is the kick off. Until then, it's just me and the gym and the training schedule. Right now, I'm way ahead of it as it's for very basic beginners, but I know it won't be long until I'm really working to keep up.

I'm off to get something to eat and get ready for work.

You guys have a wonderful weekend and keep up the good work!

Last edited by EarthShaker; 08-01-2008 at 07:07 PM.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #6  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Can I join in? I reckon I can do 10kg in 21 weeks. So that will take me down to 86kg.

Which, coincidentally, will be my 50% mark as well. That would be a nice little bonus!

Last edited by Primm; 08-01-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #7  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Welcome, Primm!

I'm so glad you joined us. Yet another loser to help us win That's a good goal, I think, and definitely doable.

Thanks for joining us.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #8  

Earth - YOU'RE ROCKING OUT GIRL! WAY TO GO!!!

Primm - I am really close to my 1/2 way goal and it is awesome! Just stick with it!

MM - I'm having the opposite problem right now. My food's on track completely - but I need to up the exercise BIG TIME! I've recommitted to 30 mins 4x/week. Sounds like a good re-start point for me.

I bought a new yoga DVD tonight, along w/ some resistance bands. I want the 30 day shred, but couldn't find it in the 4 stores I looked at... I guess I'm going to have to buy it online and wait. *sigh* Oh well.

#23/21 weeks... I CAN DO IT!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #9  
Amanda

S/C/G: 220/tracker/160 by Christmas

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!

I have been out of the loop this week, traveling on business.

Anyway, congrats on all of the losers I have been reading about!!!!

I am down .5 pound myself. I better kick in in gear if I plan on making my Christmas goal.
akhrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

DixieMae, and/or SlimminPatty, I already forgot who was looking at 10 minute workouts. I have 1 video from 2 different series that have 10 minute workouts. One is "the 10 Minute Solution" series which you can personalize on your computer. It has about 10 in the flyer I have in the case. The other is Prevention Fitness Systems which has 4 or 5 in the series. It has longer ones also. There are probably others, but I have seen these frequently at Best Buy and WalMart.

Hope everyone had a great day. We'll see on Monday when I weigh in. Have a good weekend, see you if you are here!

welcome Primm!

Kathy

Last edited by TappingPeony; 08-01-2008 at 11:50 PM.
TappingPeony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Default hi all

thanks for the new thread : )
I've been non-posting lately but pretty much OP. As of this morning I had lost my first 5% of my starting weight, so I'm pretty stoked. I too am excited about fall weather but not glad about school starting, as I have really really enjoyed this summer off.

Does anyone do callanetics? It's sort of like yoga meets pilates. I haven't tried the tape yet, just read about it, will post a review soon. It looks like a good way to work on core muscles.
Have a great day, everyone!
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #12  

Welocme Primm!!

Guyna, I have not tried it, but read a bit in one of the threads, let us know!

I have decided that for the rest of this month, I am totally 100% OP with both food and water, done with BLT (bite, lick, taste)
Exercise at least 5 days a week
minimum of 15 miles a week running/walking
75 upper and 75 lower MMunches EVERY DAY
Eating 100% OP, nothing not in the plan, not a bit
At least 100 oz of water every day

I think I will rejoin the WOW thread too, that makes me accountable every day!

Who had gone to or rented the condos in the Bahamas or someplace? I am getting ready to make reservations for next April, we always go to Myrtle Beach but are thinking of somewhere more south next year...suggestions?

Last edited by mothermavis; 08-02-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #13  

HEY GIRLS! I have GREAT NEWS TO REPORT! As of this morning I hit my first #10 loss since I joined this challenge!!

Which means I have 21 weeks to lose #22.4. This #10 has motiviated me more then you can believe!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #14  

Great Job Eny !!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

I'd be interested in hearing about the callinetics. Thanks for the info about a thread. I may just check it out later, MM.

Good Job, Eny. You rock!

Someone was going to the Bahamas, you were right. But let me know if you want to go to Cancun. We have 2 condos there that we rent, they are on the Caribbean side, not the Gulf.

Did something fun this morning--went ice skating with my daughter. That's a good workout on your legs, and 20 minutes was enough. It's synthetic ice, and place is just air conditioned above. Not frozen, no wet bottom when you fall. Skating in August in your shorts. How cool is that!

Have a good day all.

Kathy
TappingPeony is offline   Reply With Quote