Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

Talking what a inspiration.........

i just wanted to take a few minutes to let each and every one of you know how very much i appreciate you being here.
i dont post very often but i read everyday.
i have been doing really really well since april 11. that was my D day. the day i began a new way of living. not so much a diet. but i decided i wanted to live to be old. really OLD! and i wasnt going to live very long the way i was going. i was fat. very fat. did look as fat as i am with my clothes on. but it is/was there.

i had a difficult week this week. nothing really traumatic but lots of little things that added up to making me really mad/sad/angry/depressed. things that were truly out of my control and i wasnt going to be able to change them. i had exercised for 109 days in a row. (yeah, me!) and yesterday..........i didnt want to do it anymore. i didnt care. i was so sad and overwhelmed (by things that really wont matter in the long run-really even in the short run) that i did NOTHING! i watched 3 movies on dvd, took 3 baths, ate taco bell and laid on the couch and felt sorry for myself. i did ride bike for 15 minutes but decided it was too much trouble. of course, i shared my deep unhappiness with my husband and made him pretty miserable too. bless his heart. he does love me cause i was pretty unlovable for past couple of days and he didnt get angry. confused? hoo boy.

today i was going to continue down the same path. i was planning on sitting in the house like a crazy old hermit--you know, muttering to myself about how horrible the world is and how pitiful my life is. i wanted to be miserable and i deserved it and by god! i was gonna do it.

so i sat here at my computer with my coffee (ran out of cream this morning too--one more "life is unfair" moment) and i read. i read all the posts of people just starting out and not sure what to do and so full of hope. and i read the ones of people who have been doing this a long time and some have succeeded and some are still in the process. and thru all of them (especially you, Lyn----you are my own personal inspiration); the one thing in common?

they keep trying. somedays that is all you can do. try.

a snippet of a song keeps going thru my head (this is how we do it....this is how we do it) i think it is a rap song and i am not a rap fan but it speaks to me.

so today this is how we do it. i am headed out the door to go workout and i am going to eat something good for lunch. and tomorrow i am making lyns cheesy enchiladas so i have delish lunches for my work week (i work saturday thru tuesday)

and tomorrow? this is how we do it......
mrs dorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Good for you! The exercise will lift your mood. Knowing that you are controlling what you can will build your self confidence too. Just keep going!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You know, it really is one day at a time. There are those times when you have to fight and claw for every moment to stay on plan. That's what makes a true warrior in the lifestyle change department. If you can do those days, you can do every day!

Last edited by fiberlover; 07-31-2008 at 04:12 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I know exactly how you feel! I think we all have those days. And you did okay to give yourself a one-day break. Sometimes we just need to stop and breathe. You are doing so great. Now you can jump right back in and keep on going! Those enchiladas will help. LOL. (I freeze mine in portions of 1.5 enchilada each so I have a quick lunch or dinner anytime).

Keep it up, we are right here behind you!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Mrs dorson
Some days are better than others. Yesterday, for example I was feeling so exhausted when I got to the gym... But I didn’t give up and just took it easy. And at the end of my workout, I was so proud of me...
When a bad day come is up to us to make a good or bad choice. You made a great one, coming and reading all this posts that always give us strength. Not every time we take the right choice though.
But the secret is on what to do after a bad choice...
I had my bad choice few times and got right back on track next day avoiding a small mistake to became the BIG MISTAKE.
Nobody is perfect. We all have our weak days... The secret to succeed is be strong enough to assume our mistake and get right back to our new health life... Soon enough, the scale will forgive you...
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #6  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Congrats on your progress Mrs. Dorson! It really is just one day at a time.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Good for you (and kudos on all of your exercise! whoa incredible!)
Thank you for writing your post mrs dorson you are very much an inspiration. I'm glad I read your post. I've been having those down feelings lately too, and it makes sticking to plan more difficult for sure. but you're right, the more we stay on, the better it gets right Sometimes when I stop and think about it, losing weight is very simple - I mean, we eat healthy foods and we exercise... and the weight magically seems to just come off. What makes it challenging is the glue that keeps all of those individual choices together, the committment to keep going and keep trying.

So bravo for making the choice to keep trying. I'm sure it is and will be well worth it.

I'm going to keep trying too, and keep your post in mind

By the way, do you know where I can find a copy of Lyn's enchilada recipe? Mm sounds yum
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

My enchilada recipe is on my blog. Here's a diretc link to the recipe:

http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.co...y-chicken.html
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #9  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

It's so refreshing to know that people are out there with the same struggles as me. And it's so cool to read that we jump over these obstacles. I have been working out all summer and I've lost 17 pounds! But the other day, I was craving chocolate so bad so I got an entire bag of Dove milk chocolate... and I was so ready to binge! I had about 6 pieces, and then I said to myself "What the heck am I doing? I've worked so hard for long. Why put this hard work to waste?" And I threw the bag out. I was so proud of myself.

Day to day... that's the key. Day to day!
Cate426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #10  
loving my beautiful self

Thanks Lyn!

And way to go Cate! Wohoo! I took a peek at your stats, and it looks like you are just a couple of pounds away from onederland Beat that, chocolate!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

mrs dorson...

it helps me everytime I read someone's post who said they fell off plan...and got back on. This isn't easy, it is hard. It helps me to feel that I am not alone.

Stick with it...and thanks for your honesty and sharing.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I agree with what you said about this place and all of it's daily inspiration. I too have come here on a day when I just didn't think I could pull another day together. So very often this place offers the help, friendship and inspiration to take it another day at a time.

I am so, so glad you posted your thoughts on this!!

You have made wonderful progress...Congrats!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/178/145

Height: 5'4

I give HUGE props for just getting up and getting out of your funk to go work out. It doesn't matter what you ate yesterday or today, or what you did/did not do yesterday or today...what matters is right now! And right now, you are making an effort to be healthy. We have to make that choice over and over again, ever single day...to be healthy. Go girl!
QueenBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #14  
Tammy73

S/C/G: 254/215/145

I agree that this site is so full of inspiration and hope.
It's great that you made the decision to read the posts then get back on
track yourself by going to do some exercise.
Like everyone says, it's moment to moment, day to day.
It's a process. Nothing happens overnight. The lessons learned along the way and the choices we make are what shape our future. You'll get there just
trust in the process.
Tammy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #15  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Thank you so much.

Your post touched a chord inside me, and gave me renewed hope and inspiration. Thank you for that!

It was really well-written, by the way. I'm going to print it out and put it in my wallet, then pull it out and read it whenever I get a bit discouraged.
Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote