Old 07-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5'4''

Cool New Chickie

Hi everyone, I am a new chickie here. I have not lost quite a 100 pounds yet, so far just 90 pounds. I still have 40 pounds at least to go. I am frustrated with food!! I absolutely love all foods!! That is all I think about!! Here lately I am having a hard time losing weight!! My highest weight was at 255 pounds and even though I know I've lost weight it doesn't feel like it. At one time I would have died to fit in to a 14, now I hate that I am a 14! What is wrong with me? Does anyone else go through this? I am at my wits end! I have tried to just stop eating but I love food way too much. Thanks for listening to my rants.
dela619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!!

Ahh the 14s, a dream size for me. Now I'm a 14 and sometimes feel fatter than ever.

I can certainly understand.

I love food too although I try to eat filling, low calorie foods so that I can eat a lot without a lot of guilt. Sometimes I do go through a rebellion of sorts though where I just want to eat whatever I want and that usually costs me dearly.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela619 View Post
Hi everyone, I have not lost quite a 100 pounds yet, so far just 90 pounds.

Just 90 pounds?? Give yourself some credit - that is an amazing accomplishment!!

As for loving food, I think we all do - or we wouldn't be here LOL! I love, love food and eating. The key is to figure out how to eat the food you love without letting it destroy you.

Are the foods you love something your plan doesn't allow? If so, you might want to think about changing to something else. Or, make healthier versions of those foods.

You have done so well, go back and read any journals you might have kept or logs from the beginning of your journey and see just how awesomely far you have come!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/181/?

Height: 5'5"

I know just what you mean...I have lost 70 and now in a size 14 (used to be 20 or 22) and when I had first lost quite a bit I really felt good about myself. Now I feel just as big as I was at the beginning! It's crazy....everyone thinks I'm nuts....but that's how I feel.
PattiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Patti,

part of it for me is the same feeling I had at being a size 26 (or 28 or 30). Since I have SHORT legs, size 14 is generally the largest size available in petites or at least from what I've found. So if my pants start to get tight... well then it is back to the bigger pants or more stretchy pants.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5'4''

Thanks so much everyone for your support just knowing I'm not the only one keeps me from going to McDonald's and ordering the whole dollar menu!! Thank you again!! Good luck with all of your weight loss to!!
dela619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #8  

Just wanted to pop in to welcome you to the board.

Good luck with your weight loss.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome and congrats on your wonderful weight loss. It's a fabulous accomplishment.

Sometimes when it gets 'hard' again to keep going forward in healthy living and losing weight...it helps change it up a little bit. Perhaps, you could add something different to your workout. Maybe write down your food plan daily - actually writing it down is helpful because then the food possibilities don't 'spin' around in your head. Also, make sure that you are allowing for things your really like to eat in your plan. Just a few ideas.

You CAN do this!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote