Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default big calves = able to bulk up

I think I have heard someone say that if a girl has big calves, that means she is able to bulk up as a guy can. Is this even true ? And if i got big calves, is it muscles or fat mostly ?
Old 07-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

kaitlyn-

There is no way, without any of us being able to see you in person, to know whether or not your big calves (if you have them) are mostly muscle or fat. People have big calves for different reasons-muscle, fat, and a third possibility is a larger bone/skeletal structure in the calve area.

For me, personally, I have big calves. In my bone structure, I have a smaller framed upper body (skeletal wise) so I have smaller framed shoulders, small hands, small wrists, small waistline, slender neck, etc. However, I have wider hipbones, larger calves, and larger ankles. Even when I was slim as a child, I never had, and will never have, those little toothpick ankles like some people have. It simply is not in my bone structure.

Some women can bulk up more naturally, but it is really not that common...and the calves are NOT the indicator. I lift weights, as well as walk, Pilates, yoga, and Middle Eastern dance-and I am not bulking up.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #3  
Meg

Kaytlin, remember when you asked the same question about your legs in this thread? big legs: muscle or fat ?

You might want to go back and read through the replies you got because I think they'll answer the question you posted here.
Closed Thread