Old 07-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #1  

Default are the ratios of fat, proteins, carbs ok ?

Ok, so I was just wondering if my ratios were okay.

Today, i ate 1511 calories. Is that too much ?

I ate 52,7% carbs (202 g of carbs), 28,2 % fat (48 g of fat) and 19,1% proteins (73 g of proteins)..does that seem alright ?

Thanks !
kaytlin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #2  

I believe the fat/carb/protein % depends on the kind of plan you are following, e.g. if you are following a high fat low carb med protein the % would be different than following a high protein, low fat, low carb, and again this would be different if you are following a low fat/low calories diet.

Which plan are you on ?
OracleSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #3  
Justin

S/C/G: 166/140/132

Height: 5' 7"

OracleSlave is right.

I think you should lower your carbs a lil bit.

i would do 40% carbs, 30% fat (GOOD FAT!), & 30% protein.

more than 30% protein is going to be hard to consume daily unless you really try to. 30% fat should be easy...get it from almonds, peanut butter etc.

and make sure that 40% carb is good ones. stuff like oatmeal. problem with carbs is it's double edged sword. you need it to for energy and to keep hormone levels up but it also promotes insulin spikes which is not what someone who is trying to lose fat would want.

i did 50c-20f-30p last year during the initial part of my fat loss and the results were not all that.

now i am doing 30c-30f-40p and i am seeing much better results.
ndnguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

It depends so much on the person as to if it matters or not. For the last month mine averages out to 55% carbs, 25% fat (almost entirely poly or mono) and the rest protein and I've lost approx 2lbs a week. Almost all of my carbs are from whole-grain little processing however. The type of carb you eat is more important then the amount IMO.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I agree, it is such an individual thing. I like to keep my fat % low, between 15-20%. I've had my carb percentages as high as 70%. I don't count carbs, fats or protein. It just isn't something I worry about. I worry more about the types of foods I eat.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote