Old 07-28-2008, 05:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/Accountability/Daily Plans for week of July 28 - August 3.

Hi! Here's a place to post your daily menu or plans, have some accountability or just get some extra support. Join right in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:10 AM   #2  

Hi chicks...I had a great day on plan yesterday - I am grateful. Hopefully, when I weigh in this week I'll get to move my ticker.

working
stretches
meditation
log food and values
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - open face turkey with mayo on whole wheat bread, applesauce
lunch - cottage cheese, sweet potato , spinach
snack - yogurt
dinner - grilled steak, brown rice, salad
snack - oatmeal with almond butter, raisins, cinn., and milk - yum

Schmoodle...sounds like you are getting back into the 'swing' of things. Ah - going back to work...reality strikes.

Shout out to Rhonda, MJ, Cajun Catholic, merskie, sparklemagic, noranoranora and anyone else that stops by.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-28-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi BeverlyJoy and other accountability chicks to come!
It is a lovely cool morning here and I've got all the windows open, enjoying the breeze. Back to work today, very sad, but at the same time kind of glad to get back into the routine. I am a creature of habit definitely. If it warms up enough we may go to the pool later, and I hope to get some errands run to buy vacuum bags and other necessities. The kids MUST clean the hamster cages, so I will have to supervise that as they need a good scrubbing this time. Ah, the glamour and excitement...

My plan today? you ask, here it is!
B: hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: salmon over salad, bean brownie
S: latte, refried beans with salsa and cheese
D: Chicken Divan, fudgesicle
S: Greek yogurt

Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-28-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys, I was posting awhile back and somehow drifted away. Well, I've drifted so much that I am right back to where I started over a year ago. Darn it! I've already come to grips with that and I've beaten myself up enough for now, so I'd like to come back and join you. I usually weigh myself once a week and I knew I hadn't for awhile, so when I went to write it down in my book, I realized that the last time I weighed myself was June 9th. Hmmm, do you think that maybe that's why weight came back on? If you don't check it... it must not be happening... right??

I hope it is ok to join in with you guys! (I'll just assume it is, unless you ask me to leave!! Ha!)

I walked this morning and have been on plan with food. Now I'm working on getting in the rest of my water.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #5  

Here's what I had today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, a boiled egg and a V-8.

AM Snack: Turkey Roll Ups with Cilantro Mayo (from the South Beach Diet Book)

Lunch: Grilled Tilapia leftovers in a Whole Wheat Tortilla

PM Snack: Raw Broccoli Spears with Leftover Cilantro Mayo

Dinner: Pork Scaloppine with Herbs (from the Quick & Easy South Beach Cookbook), tossed salad, string beans and Chicken & Herb Classico (a Rice-A-Roni Whole Grain Blends with whole grain brown rice, pearled barley and pearled wheat.)

Dessert: I didn't have any but there was Sugar-Free Jell-O available for those who chose to partake.

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-28-2008 at 11:26 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: .

Height: .

Here is what I had today:
Breakfast - plain low fat yogurt with a handful of unsweetened mixed berries stirred in.
Lunch - lean pork cutlet (glazed with honey and balsamic vinegar), beets, and zucchini sauteed in olive oil.
Snack - a small kidney bean salad.
Dinner - romaine lettuce salad with cucumbers and fresh mushrooms with an olive oil Italian dressing.
Snack - a low calorie/fat ice cream bar.

Last edited by Goldana; 07-29-2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Goldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 AM   #7  

Hi Chickies....finally...this old body of mine let go of a pound. One pound equals four sticks of butter and I'll take it. I am so happy. And...now I am only one pound away from my next mini goal.

DH brought candy and ice cream into the house Sunday night. I ended up eating some of this stuff and counting it it....but, I it wasn't planned. It's time for one of our 'little talks' again. If he wants ice cream - buy an ice cream bar...if he wants candy - buy a candy bar. Then, let them be GONE ...when his treat is over. I plan to eat treats often...but, don't do well with certain foods in the house.

for today
working
lots of water
stretches
meditation
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - Kashi waffle, natural peanut butter, pear
snack - lfns latte
lunch -open face turkey and lite cheese, brocolli
snack - yogurt, lite cheese
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, boca bacon, steamed spinach
snack - oatmeal, cinn, almond butter, raisins, skim milk

Schmoodle - hope your first day back at work went well. I bet the hamsters are happy, too.

Diane - Welcome back! Of course you can join in...glad to hear you got your walk in.

sunshine - your plan looks so yummy!

goldanna - Hi! ...great plan.

Have a good day, folks!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-29-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday was a good on plan day. I've started today with exercise and I'm making a salad to take for lunch. Breakfast will be hard boiled eggs and a glass of V8 (I love the stuff). I'm having a little trouble with dinner because my son's football practice goes from 5:30-7:30. We ate late last night. I hate that. As much as I like to have us all eat together, I'm not sure if this is wise for me.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 AM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I only have a minute, we are about to head out to the farmer's market...hope I can find lots of good veggies! I'll get caught up later.

I am down 1lb. YIPPEE!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

This must be the day of the pound! My scale was teasing me with 181 this morning. I will wait until official weigh-in at the end of the week before I change the ticker though. But that is a new low, so I'm pretty excited to be getting so close to the 170's and also to not have to be trying to take off any vacation weight! Not much going on around here besides work. DD1 is babysitting her boss's kid here today, he's about 2YO I think and a really cute little guy. So far he has been no trouble.
Glad to see so many posts this morning! Things seemed to be pretty quiet around here since I've been back.

Beverlyjoy, the hammies do look pretty happy today. We ended up with 4 after DD's hamster had babies, we found homes for all the rest and kept the favorites. And they all have to have their own cages. When we went on vacation, they brought them down into the office to make it easier for the friend that was coming to feed them, so DD made Hamster Alley, which she calls Running Wheel Pike in Hammimore. And they haven't moved out yet, so I have been watching them during the day as I work. They are pretty funny and interesting little animals. Never thought much of rodents as pets, but these guys do have their own little personalities, it seems.

2 good PH1 days under my belt, and here's to another!
B: Salmon and Swiss omelet, coffee with milk
S: V8, cottage cheese and cucumber
L: Pseudo taco salad (beans, salsa, cheese, nonfat sour cream, avocado over lettuce), fudgesicle
S: latte, bean brownie
D: Leftover chicken divan
S: fudgesicle, Greek yogurt if I want it

Good luck at the farmer's market, mj. Hope you find some veggie treasures.
Welcome back Slashni!
Nice to "meet" you Goldana.
Great SB menu you've got there sunshine.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-29-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

I just realized that I forgot to post yesterday. After no movement on the scales last week, this week I managed a 1.8 pound loss. I'll take it.

Diane - I'm so glad you decided to start posting with us again. You can do this!
MJ - Congratulations on your loss!
Mathpuppy....where are you? Come back home, girlfriend! Darkblue? Where are you? Come out of hiding and play with us.
A big 'Hello' to Beverly, Sunshine, Goldana and Schmoodle.

Today is on-plan day 22 for me and I'm feeling great! My energy level is high and my thought processes are clear. Purging my body of refined sugars has worked some miracles. This is week 2 of my modified C25K program. For 60 minutes, I wog for 45 seconds followed by 4:15 walks. My stamina has improved greatly from the beginning of last week. In 3 months, I should be running for the whole hour. I can't wait!

Each week, our family has been trying new veggies and fruits. Last night, we had roasted Japanese eggplant. It was really good! No bitter taste at all. We also tried a recipe for red cabbage with apples. Hubby and I loved it...the kids thought it was gross. We're going to keep cooking it and the kids have to have at least one bite each time. Hopefully, they'll develop a taste for it. If not, at least we tried.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: .

Height: .

Thanks Beverly, I'm trying!

And it is very nice to "meet" you as well Schmoodle!

And hello GirlyGirlSebas!

I didn't do as great as I wanted to today because it was a hectic day (which is rare for me). Here it is *gulp*:

Breakfast - one plain low fat yogurt
Lunch - two wedges of cantaloupe and *gasp* three...yes THREE containers (1 serving size) of light iced coffee (which promptly gave me a huge bellyache). Serves me right!
Snack - *double gasp* two small scoops of pistachio ice cream (in a cup, without the cone) from an ice cream stand.
Dinner - My own little creation: grilled chicken breast, zucchini, green beans, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic sauteed in olive oil. I made a huge batch hoping to save some for lunches, etc. and then my two daughters ate the rest of it out of the pan!
Snack - I don't think I will have one today, my creation filled me up really good.

It was the first time I went a little off track with the ice cream and I probably should have had only one container of light iced coffee...but, it was hard to resist because everyone else got ice cream and they had no light ice cream at the stand. The good thing is that I hope I worked it off because I did some water aerobics in the pool today!
Tomorrow will be better, I promise.

Last edited by Goldana; 07-29-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to say hi to GirlyGirlSebas!
Goldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Schmoodle--The mornings have been nice and cool here too--I LOVE having the windows open! I'm w/ you, I love my vacation time, but I am such a creature of habit--I do MUCH better w/ my routine.

Diane--Welcome back!

sunshineca and goldana--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--yippee--Down a pound, me too! I love the 4 sticks of butter analogy! Ugh, candy and ice cream?! YIKES! Hope the talk goes well. I can't have certain things in the house either. I was really tested today--we were at the store w/ the BEST soft ice cream. I had to leave quickly before one of us suggested we 'treat' ourselves!

Rhonda--Great job! I think it's awesome that you are trying so many new things.

We found some great stuff at the farmers market, guess I'll actually have to cook tonight! LOL!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Okay, so I don't have a computer at home, but want to try keeping track on here as well as in my journal... that way, I'll feel like someone else is actually helping me keep track. Please help with any ideas...
So my plan is to keep track of physical activity and food, slowly getting more critical of everything until I'm eating healthier and exercising regularly...
Sound good?
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
sunshine - your plan looks so yummy!
Thanks!

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Cinnamon, 1/2 grapefruit and water.

AM Snack: Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese Stick

Lunch: Mc Donald's Grilled Chicken Salad. (Picked through that as eating a salad with leftover pork scallopine was the original plan but my DD, her friends and my little DS beat me down and twisted my arm. Ordered a Diet Coke but poured that out as it was gross and syrupy. Blech! I'm so used to water.)

PM Snack: A couple of pieces of grapefruit. (Wasn't too hungry. Must've been the Mc Donald's.)

Dinner: If I ever get my arse off the computer, I'm preparing Shrimp Stir-Fry, brown rice, tossed salad and fresh fruit. For those who can't wait, eat leftovers.

Thanks for the welcome MJ5!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-29-2008 at 10:23 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote