Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 371/366.5/181

Height: 5'6"

Default New to MRC

Today is my 5 day on program and I am so excited that I have found something that will work. I weighed in this past Saturday and lost 4.5 lbs. since June 2nd, 2008..if that doesn't get you excited nothing will.

My sister and I are doing this journey together and are very excited about becoming part of this website as well as losing weight.

I have a couple of questions being new at this...how/where do you get the cute weight loss tickers to display at the bottom of your posts?

Can't wait to make new friends and hopefully encourage some other new starters.

JodiAnn
JodiAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome JodiAnn!!! Congrats on an awesome weight loss!!! WOO HOO!! You are able to get the cute weight tickers after 30 posts and being on the website for 30 days. Hope that helps!

Sharisse
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Hi! Today is my 5th day on program and I am so excited to have finally found something that will get me to my goal weight. I have a great support system and feel grateful for the opportunity to do this program. I weighed in on saturday and lost 5.5 lbs so far.

My sister (JodiAnn) is doing the program with me and it is so awesome to be doing it together.

I am looking for some different ways to cooking my vegetables to make them more flavorful. I have been steaming my broccoli and string beans and it is getting a little boring. Any suggestions?

Dawn
So Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Smile Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Pink View Post
Hi! Today is my 5th day on program and I am so excited to have finally found something that will get me to my goal weight. I have a great support system and feel grateful for the opportunity to do this program. I weighed in on saturday and lost 5.5 lbs so far.

My sister (JodiAnn) is doing the program with me and it is so awesome to be doing it together.

I am looking for some different ways to cooking my vegetables to make them more flavorful. I have been steaming my broccoli and string beans and it is getting a little boring. Any suggestions?

Dawn
Hey Pink. welcome3: Try checking out the recipe threads and get the cookbook. Also, FYI, check out the MCR.. redo20 thread. That is the "main" blog page where everyone talks and gives support. Have you tried spraying a little ICBINB spray on them? Also, try roasting your veggies like asparagus, squash and zucchini in the oven with a little olive oil and sprinkle with some seasoning and sea salt. That is really good.
HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #5  
Dixie

Default Day 15

Hello All, Is this where the newbies gather? I've been trying to get familiar with this site, I'm still somewhat lost. I think I have built my profile correctly - but not sure since this is my first post.

Day 15 on MRC, I love it, haven't felt this great in years. My last WI was not a gain or a loss, I think I'm stuck in that 2 week holding pattern that I have read about from Meemo (hope that is correct) Thanks for posting that, as I was concerned and discouraged because I was seeing a loss each time I went. I shall remain dedicated and patient, I am a work in progress. Besides the fact that I feel so good is a very encouraging factor.

DKRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #6  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 299.6/200.6/140

Height: 5ft 2in

Hey everyone Today is day 9 for me...and at my first weigh in I lost 10 lbs!! I am so excited about that...I really seem to feel better on this diet--I do not get tired during the day like I used to.
Trying2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #7  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome newbies! Today is day 4 for me, tomorrow I start the blue menu woo hoo! I weighed in yesterday, 3 days and down 4 pounds. I know that the weight falls off easy in the beginning though, I know that in a few weeks I'll be in a plateau. I just need to stick with it.

I'm loving the support here, it really helps...
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #8  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying2008 View Post
Hey everyone Today is day 9 for me...and at my first weigh in I lost 10 lbs!! I am so excited about that...I really seem to feel better on this diet--I do not get tired during the day like I used to.

Wow! 10lbs....good for you!! Keep up the good work!
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #9  
Dixie

How long does the plateau usually last?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #10  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 299.6/200.6/140

Height: 5ft 2in

How long is the average plateau and what days does it usually start in? I think I should be hitting mine anytime now...Today is day 10 for me...
Anybody know?
Trying2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #11  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
How long is the average plateau and what days does it usually start in? I think I should be hitting mine anytime now...Today is day 10 for me...
Anybody know?
I was just going through my paperwork from MRC recently - one of the sheets they'd given me was about plateauing early on. I think it happens after the first week or two - but we're all different. Same thing with how long it lasts - we're all different but I think the average is about a week to 10 days. Mine started after 7 days & lasted 8 or 9 days, I think. (I bounced up & down half a pound during that time.)
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #12  
Dixie

Thanks Meemo that was encouraging, I go tomorrow to my WI and I do feel better about it since this is day 8, I too have been up and down that .5 It seems that even though you know that plateau is coming that it was scarey that I would get stuck there because that is where I always get stuck on every thing I have tried, then I give up. I'm Not Giving Up!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #13  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Thanks Meemo that was encouraging, I go tomorrow to my WI and I do feel better about it since this is day 8, I too have been up and down that .5 It seems that even though you know that plateau is coming that it was scarey that I would get stuck there because that is where I always get stuck on every thing I have tried, then I give up. I'm Not Giving Up!!!
I hit my plateau later than most (about six weeks in) and have been fighting it for the last two weeks, gaining and losing the same few pounds. At weigh in today, I was down 3 so hopefully I will be able to bust out of it over the weekend!

You're right, don't give up!! It is great to know in advance that this will probably happen and your center will work with you to adjust your HNS, exercise, water, etc. to find what your body needs to get back in full fat-burning mode. That's part of the reason why MRC works, all of the fine losers on this board are a testament to that! Good luck!
sheldon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #14  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Pink View Post

Dawn
Welcome to all newbies: I was in your shoes back in APR.! For me, my Broccolli, Asparagus, and Green Beans (like the whole), I steam them and or blanch them then put them in a frying pan with either some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) or ICBINBS (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray), a little crushed or diced Garlic and little Sea Salt and Pepper - stir fry a little so as to keep it crisp! Yummy!!
Ms Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #15  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Welcome newbies! Today is day 4 for me, tomorrow I start the blue menu woo hoo! I weighed in yesterday, 3 days and down 4 pounds. I know that the weight falls off easy in the beginning though, I know that in a few weeks I'll be in a plateau. I just need to stick with it.

I'm loving the support here, it really helps...
Keep up the good work! We are all rooting for you!

Quote:
Anybody know?
WOW 10 lbs.!!! From what I remember, most hit there plateaus around the second week! The duration has varied for all! As for myself, I have been lucky and have not hit one yet and am at the 12 week mark 29 lbs. down at an avg of 2.4 a week! Some have been better than others and I have not been completly on plan for the past 2 1/2 weeks - some high, some low! Stay dedicated/determined for a change for a healthier/happier you and it will work!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 06-12-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Ms Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote