Old 07-28-2008, 07:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Monday July 28th

Morning all. I feel horrible this morning. I had the worse case of insomnia last night an only got about 2 hrs of sleep. Work is going to be rough today.

Hope everyone else had a better night than me.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Oh GG, I've had those nights and sympathize with you. It's very hard to get thru the day when your body is exhausted. Be careful driving most importantly. Hope you get some rest later. Sorry to hear your struggling. Hope things get better. Some of us joined sparkpeople.com for more motivation. Maybe you should sign up too! Lots of great info, food and exercise logs and you earn points as you visit the different parts of the site.
Just a thought. Hope you have a good day today!!

Off to work today. Boss on vaca and hopefully Napoleon will use that as an excuse to be at the gym all day...

Check in later!!

PS... Yana... I'm not on WW, just my own plan.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls@!!!

GG, hope you make it through the day alright. How many more till you have a day off??

Valerie, I have to take time to figure out sparkpeople. I haven't had time to sit down & mess around with it. HOpe your day goes well

Alicia, glad you are back home. Hope your DH's friend isn't a creep. With a name like Dirt, though...anywho, we used to have a coil-up hose at our townhouse. It wasz great cause it didn't take much room. However, I think it only lasted a year or two before it started leaking. If it's new and leaking, I'd take it back!

Okay, back to work. I already got in a mile walk with the dog, two loads of wash, and the bathrooms cleaned. I was waiting for Cadence to get up to vacuum, but I need to get back on my roll. She was up late last night. Guess I have to wake her up now, it IS almost nine!!! Maybe she thinks she's a teenager??

Later!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #4  

P - I know!! Sparkpeople has so much stuff I started to get a little overwhelmed but now I think I'm getting the hang of it! I got 20 points 2 days in a row spinning the point wheel so I was like... YES!! LOL I really like it and now my hubby is doing it too!

Have a fabulous day!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #5  
KAR

Morning All,
Sounds like we all had a good weekend! I had a birthday party to go to yesterday for my nephew's stepson. It was at the city pool in the next city over from us. I didn't bring my bathsuit so I couldn't go swimming. I forgot it at the house. I don't even know if it would still fit me or not. But it was very sunny, hot and humid. So I tried to stay in the shade as much as I could. I did good I had a small piece of cake, a small scoop of ice cream, a small handful of chips and one cup of pop. I am still trying to wake up since my dh decided to wake up at 7 this morning and felt that he needed to talk to me even though I was trying to sleep. I finally decided to get up at 8:30. So I am still trying to wait up so far. I think I might take me a quick little nap since he left for a little bit.
Alicia, thanks for the congrats. Sorry to hear that your dh's friend gives you the cripes. But trust your gut insticts. Little weird that his name is Dirt. Short for dirtbag? Hope work isn't too rough this morning.
GG, hope work is not hetic for you today. So how many days until your trip? Sounds like you had a busy weekend with work and family in. Hope you can relax a little bit this week. Hope you can get some rest tonight.
Pam, good for you getting back to your excerise. Would you like to come to my house and clean? I started on Saturday and then dh came home and I stopped. So I guess tonight when the boys and him are at football practice maybe I will start again. Enjoy your day!
Valerie, hope your day at work is a smooth one! Maybe like you said Napoleon will use his day at the gym instead of being underfoot! So how do you feel today, still bloated? I hope not! I hate that feeling after you eat something bad.
Toni, I can't believe that you saw changing leaves already. I would be sad too. Even though I love the fall, but it is too early. Enjoy your start to the week.
Erin, glad that you had a wonderful weekend. One more trip right? Hope your weigh-in goes well for you on Wednesday.
Yana, congrats on your weight loss. That is great! Keep up the good work!
Hi to everyone else. I am starting to doze here. So I think I will go sneak in a nap. Chat with you all later. Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Kerry- Yes one more trip...thanks goodness. I swear we are all out of whack!

Allie is such a grump today...must be all the travel. I put her in bed, let her cry it out and she is finally taking a nap...we will see how long that lasts.

Yana- I was on WW but it wasn't working...now I am just logging food, counting calories and trying to get in exercise each day.

I have really been relying on 100 cal packs for snacks..and I am still buying some WW food for the lo cals...their cheese sticks are only 50. Sometimes I will drink a slim fast shake just to help me out. I am definitely feeling better so we will see how it goes.

I have also been drinking lots of the diet lipton teas...white, green, black. I really like them...and need the caffeine to keep up with these kids! Well, I will check back later. Enjoy the day...Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I know, it's late. I've been up since 7, but running. Took the boys to get our pool passes (had to have pics taken), then dropped them off at their daycares, then went to the bank, got my DD coffee and come home. Have to meet my aunt & mom at the hosptial at noon. Mom is getting 2 new knees today!! She's nervous, but excited! Her knees couldn't get any worse. SHe's in for a loong rehab though.

I think the 20mg Adderall is helping. I've been pretty productive, which I guess equals more focused.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! I don't think my new Body Fat % Scale likes me very much. I got on this morning, and it said to me, "What did you do yesterday, eat a bucket of salt?" How did it know!? Sigh, it's true. I went to that little family function yesterday, and had a few chips, which led to several helpings of salty popcorn twists. I did not have a burger or a hotdog, but I did have half a small piece of chocolate cake (store cake with that soft, fluffy frosting.) An hour later, as I was helping bring everything in from outside, I was hit with the most TERRIBLE cravings! So I had enough mini-slices of the cake to equal a whole piece. I only stopped when SIL punched me in the arm and told me to quit it. (OW, thank you!)
When I got home, I ate a little of everything, peanut butter, crackers and salsa, and when I couldn't stop the cravings for salt, I had a large can of vegetable soup and some crackers. Today I feel kind of yucky, no kidding. And I'm up 2 more pounds. BUT, I'm going for a run, and will be good today, foodwise, no trigger foods, and if I'm bad, the scale has promised to call SIL, and she'll come over and kick my arse.

Mamatoni, the percentage thing? It doesn't change that quickly, because if a person weighs 200 lbs with 30% fat it's 60 lbs of fat. If they lose 20 lbs, and are 29% fat, it's like 52 lbs of fat (Total loss of 8 lbs of fat, some water, and some muscle tissue). So you're losing fat and water, but since its a percentage of your new, lower weight, the percentage number still seems a little high. That's why I'll calculate my total fat lbs, and my total lean body mass lbs every time I use the body fat % function, which is like once a month.

Lauren, My MIL has artificial knees, hips, and shoulders, and gets around very well, to the point of going for walks, and picking up 3-year-olds. She says it it totally worth it. Good luck to your Mom!

Last edited by Kofarq; 07-28-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #9  

Hey ladies!!!

Kerry, sounds like you did great at the party...good for you!! Hope you are able to get your cleaning in!!

Kori...girl, it always starts that way doesn't it?? I have the hardest time at parties...I just keep eating everything, cause I never make most of the stuff, so that's how I rationalize it "hey I never eat this stuff in real life...woo hoo!!" sounds like you have a good SIL!!

Lauren, glad to hear the meds are working for ya...how's the appetite?? I hear a lot of those mood regulators have the side effect of killing the appetite. Boy, that would be a great side effect, eh??

Hey Joan, are you sending Brigid to Kindergarten this year, or did you say you were holding her for one more year?? I'm pretty sure Trish is waiting another year, thought you were too, but can't remember. I got Cady's teacher assignment, and just hold the paper with her name & room number on it was sad...but great

Heads up on snacks, girls. Just recently tried Jello dark chocolate pudding cups...60 cals...and super yummy. Also, their rice pudding (70 cals.) is great too..and I don't even LIKE rice pudding.

Cheers,
P
Off to fold laundry. Got all my cleaning done by 10:30 YAY!!!! Gotta go...Cady has been waiting patiently to go on Webkinz.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Pam ~ yep, I'm sending my baby girl this fall. She'll by 5 1/2 by then and she is *so* ready to go! I'm excited too! She'll go half day (a.m.) so I'll still have my little buddy around for the afternoons. I think that I'll have a far harder time when first grade rolls around ~ full day so no more fun afternoons. I'm looking forward to getting some time to establish an exercise routine this fall. How about you?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #11  

Alicia ~ forgot to mention the "Dirt" name... LOL at Kerry's comment, "as in DirtBAG!" Creepy.

Lauren ~ I gotta say that your posts sound more "perky" as of late. I hope that you see some quick results with this stuff. Your poor mother has had one thing after the next, hasn't she? How is she doing since her gastric surgery? Is she finally able to build up immune system again?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #12  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello Ladies!!

Lunch time, lunch time!!!

I don't know what it is, but I am so light headed--- on and off all day today . We were at the gym and I had to slow down on the treadmill as it just came on-woosh. My dh asked if I ate breakfast, I did, a big ole yogurt and a drink. So we got our protein drinks there and I chugged mine ate a small lunch and still am light headed . UGH. I think I'll go and lie down after I finish this post.

The funny thing though at the gym was... I was over with dh doing arm curls and these two Meatheads (as dh calls them) were spotting one another, the one working out was moaning and groaning but it sounded like I do when I get *sick* . I had to finish up real quick as I was about to burst from laughing it sounded so bad... I heard moaning and groaning before but never pukey sounds. Hehehe...

GG--- I hear ya on the insomnia--- I've been having awful sleep lately, if it isn't the short hours it is the vivid dreams that keep me alert and unable to get into a deeper sleep. Sending Deep Long Sleep Vibes your and my way for tonight. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZz's

LBH---- My dad had a knee replacment a few years back. He was a pusher and did an amazing job working through the pain in his PT. The only thing he is slowly getting back into is riding bikes for long periods of times and kneeling. Other then that he is sooo happy he had it done.

Sparkpeople.com---- hey I have an account there as well. I just don't know how to look up people? Where do you all gather around in there? Care to share your names as well... I am sorry if I missed out on that post already.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #13  

Hey Joan...Cady will be doing the AM as well, and I agree, I think 1st grade will be harder. Hoping to get a part-time job in the school district then, though, so it may not hit me as hard. This year she'll get on the bus at 8:00 am with her brother and I'll pick her up at 11:10, so not too bad. I think it's just the idea that she's old enough to go to school is freaking me out.

Pear, I get mini dizzy spells evrey great once in awhile. Have no idea what they're from, but when I get adjusted seems to help. If it happens frequently, I would get it checked.

Off to iron (ugh)
P
Old 07-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #14  

Pam ~ I've thought about getting a part-time job at the school too once DD starts full day school. Not sure though... the aides always look miserable
LOL. I'm volunteering a lot at the school this year so that will help give me a better feel for things. I just love staying at home full-time and I'm hesitant to give that up. The money would be nice but it's not like I'd make that much working at the school. Thankfully, there is no hurry and DH is always so supportive of what works best for me.

Pear ~ I get dizzy spells too and it's from sinus pressure. I've felt that way off and on today. I'll take a few sinus caplets and it always goes away.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #15  

Lauren - Hope everything goes well with mom today.

Pear - I have no idea how to look people up on sparkpeople. That's the one thing I haven't been able to figure out. Everyone keeps finding me though. I am poppyseeds there too. I get dizzy spells every once in a while. Don't know what they're from but I think it's hormones.

Kerry - I'm feeling better today but I was off program for dinner last night but still fell into my calories so I'm not gonna sweat it. I cannot believe that I used to put up with feeling like that every single day of my life.

Kori - I am a salt-a-holic too. I feel your pain.

Napoleon is being so nice to me, I'n not quite sure what's up. I'm mostly just ignoring him because that is the easiest thing to do but today was a dream. He left me alone and the other boss isn't in. Heaven... sheer heaven...

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-28-2008 at 04:15 PM.