Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Default Losers and Friends July 28 to August 3

Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a great op weekend. Looking forward to a great week!!

Last edited by erin1369; 07-28-2008 at 11:50 AM.
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, it looks as if Laurie and Erin were thinking alike this a.m. Good morning!!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #3  

We posted at exactly 8:06. Kinda funny
Old 07-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #4  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hey Erin - Great minds must think alike!!! I posted in the thread I started for everyone to disregard it and to use this one.

Today is day 2 of FF. So far so good. I weighed myself this morning for the Labor Day Challenge and I'm a pound down. A step in the right direction.

I've got someone waiting on me. I'll be back later. Make it a great Monday everyone.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

HEY! I just realized I was promoted to "SENIOR" member! I wonder what types of discounts that allows me??? J/K

My kiddos are back!!! I'm so excited to have them back after 3 weeks with Grandma and Grandpa! the bad news... my house is trashed after only 2 days!!! How does this happen??? they are like miniature whirlwinds!

This is the week I really need to get my butt in gear and stop training 'mentally' for the 1/2 marathon and start training physically! My plan is to run Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Friday I am doing yoga with a friend. Wish me luck on my 'plan'.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #6  

Laurie it's funny we posted at the exact same minute! I just finished a FF (sat and sun) and am happy to report a 2 pound loss over the weekend. It was really hard to stay on because the weekends are hard enough without the FF. I worked out quite a bit so that's why I did FF and not TO. I only had 2 and a half protiens and 5 veggies per day.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 137.5/137.5/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi Everyone!

It has been a while since I posted. My schedule has been really busy lately, but in a good way. Starting in the fall I am going to be teaching my first college course in addition to teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade math. I am looking forward to the fall, but it is going to be extremely busy.

Well, I gained a few pounds this weekend, so I started FF today. My goal is to take off the few pounds that I gained plus a few more between now and next Thursday (8/7). I am going on a mini vacation to the 1000 Islands where I will be doing some boating and of course a lot of eating. I am going to do my best to stay on track, but it is the going out at night which is going to sabotage my plan. If I don't gain anymore than I am right now, then I can do a FF when I get back and be right where I want to be by the end of the summer.

My goal is to be 135 by the end of the summer. Every summer I end up gaining 10 to 15 pounds just from the eating, drinking, parties, weddings, etc. I am not going to do that this year. So far so good except for this past weekend!

Sorry for the long post! I hope that everyone has a great day and I will check in with everyone tomorrow!

Dan- thanks for the enchilada recipe the other week! Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to try it, but the recipe is in my cook book.

Heather
Heather5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #9  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone,

I hope that everyone is off to a great start on there week. I did FF Sat. and Sun. and I am happy to say the scale said a 3 lb loss. I really hope that I can get back in the swing of things. Today, my problem has been eating at all. I volunteered at my DS's school registration today and stayed pretty busy. I must say it was nice to get out and do some work especially after my stressful summer. Sometimes it is just nice to change the pace. I plan on eating fish for supper. Well, I better go fix it.

Talk to everyone soon.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone!! I had a wonderful weekend Took the kiddo to a children's museum and then just had a great mommy&me day on Sunday since DH had to work.

Today's WI went well!! Down 3.6lbs in 5 days- not too bad if I say so myself! Dh was down 6! He gained last week though somehow but now we are both at a 12+lb weight loss- and just started week 3

Glad to see everyone's weekend went well Heres to staying on plan!
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Heather, You can do this! Or should I say we can do this! I'm going camping next weekend and, like you, I'm a bit worried about how to handle the food situation and still have fun. I just need to plan ahead and bring healthy food instead of junk. Also I plan on being extra active when we go.
So hopefully I will burn off anything that I do eat. I'm trying really hard to get out of the mind set of vacation from work = vacation from healthy eating.

Katie, how was the service in the park for your Grandma? How is your mom doing? My heart goes out to her, with her medical crises and losing her mom, which no matter how old you are there is a sadness. You were lucky to live to adulthood knowing your grandma, as many people lose theirs before they really get to know them. At least I thought that after I lost my last grandma, that I was blessed with the time with her.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone! just wanted to check in really quick. i'm having the most AMAZING time with my DH! the dress was a huge hit!
everything is going really well and i actually bought a vehicle yesterday too.
i'm still in shock that DH is back with me..it's still a little surreal. but we're loving every minute of it and i couldn't be happier. i feel like a newlywed! all giddy and happy! i just can't tell y'all enough how happy i am and how much i appreciate all the advice and support you've given me since he's been gone. thank you so much.
anyways..gotta go. we're planning on driving back from NC to SD on friday, the 1st. so think of us and pray for safe travels.
love to you all.
xoxo.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh Jillian, I am so glad that you are having such a great time!!!

Barbara- My mom is doing good. She handled her second round of chemo a lot better than the first one. She also transferred from the school that she has been teaching at for the last 15 years to a school that is right by our houses, and is also my kids' school, so she is really excited about that. We packed up her entire classroom and moved it on Saturday. The service was wonderful. The balloon ceremony was so beautiful. The cemetary is at the foot of the Grand Teton mountains. It was a nice, breezy day, and the balloons drifted right up into the mountains in the sky. It was picture perfect.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 137.5/137.5/125

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning Everyone!

Jillian-- It sounds like you are having a great time! I am so glad that you went with the dress! Have fun on your road trip.

Barbara-- Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Katie-- Your family is in my thoughts. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma and your mom's chemo.

I was going to start TO yesterday, but I forgot about a dinner that I had to go to last night. Instead, I am going to do TO today and tomorrow. Hopefully we can get the couple of pounds off plus a couple more. When I first started the plan a long time ago they put me on the gold plan, but I wasn't working out. When I was working out almost every single day they had me on the red plan. Right now I have been doing a lot of walking almost every single day and trying to do some weights at least 2 days a week. When I am done with TO I am going to try the Red plan and see what happens. That is a lot of food.

Have a great day and talk to you tomorrow! I am off to summer school for the morning!

Heather
Heather5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #15  
Laurie

Good Morning Everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday. Mine will be just OK as I'm working and I really don't want to be here!! Yesterday was day 2 of FF and I forgot I was going out for dinner last night. We went to a mexican restaurant that just opened and I got the chicken fajitas. I ate the chicken and veges (no tortilla) and had a little cheese and about a teaspoon of sour cream. I know it was probably loaded with salt so am really going to try to get in lots of water today.

I am also going to try to only weigh myself on Mondays and Thursdays. Mondays so that I don't go too crazy over the weekend and Thursdays so I don't go too crazy over the weekends. So far so good on that little resolution.

Jillian - Sounds like you are having an absolutely perfect time with DH. I will keep you in my prayers for safe return home.

Katie - I'm glad your mom is taking the chemo well and not having too many side effects from it. I'm glad the balloon ceremony went well with the wind cooperating.

DBF has to go see a nutritionist this Friday afternoon and I think I'll tag along. He's a diabetic and he needs to learn how to eat correctly to control it. Since I do all the grocery shopping and 99% of the cooking I thought it would be a good idea to see what they said about his eating plan. I'll let you know what they said next week.

Better hop off here for now. I'll try to check back in later.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote