Old 07-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #1  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool What's for dinner this week?

Please share what you're having for dinner this week...Induction - Atkins especially.

Tonight, I'm having:
grilled chicken in zero everything Scott's barbeque sauce squash sauteed with bacon and vidalia onions, and fresh sliced SC tomatoes. I get really excited about my dinner.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Not on Induction, but a typical meal for me while on Induction would be:

Some type of lean meat, cooked with low/no carb spices or sauces, served with a side salad or some type of cooked green vegetable. I used things like onion and tomato very sparingly and only for a bit of added flavor.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/202/145

Height: 5' 6"

Last night I had grilled mahi mahi with homemade low carb coleslaw on the side.

Tonight it's beef NO mein - thinly sliced sirloin stir fried with celery, cabbage, fresh green beans, and a little shredded carrot and onion. Sauce is beef broth, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and Splenda with a little Thicken notThin.

I have some shiratake noodles, but think I'll save them for chicken alfredo tomorrow night - sauteed chicken breast and frozen broccoli and cauliflower covered in homemade alfredo - cream, butter, and parmesan. With maybe a sprinkling of monzarella. I tend to go overboard on cheese.

I want to save my cheese for my low carb pizza quiche. I saw the modified recipe here to use only 2 T of cream cheese and 2 eggs for the crust (and a small amount of monzarella on the bottom of the pan). Then top with just a couple tablespoons of no sugar added spaghetti sauce (I like Hunt's), and lots of sausage, pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms and olives. And again just a sprinkling of monzarella on top.

The next day I'm planning on steak, mashed cauliflower casserole (cauliflower boiled and mashed, mixed with butter, cream, sour cream and a beaten egg, then baked - reminds me so much of twice baked potatoes) with meat drippings with a little cream for gravy.

I have a bunch of rhubarb to microwave with some splenda whenever I think I need a dessert. Maybe topped with a little whipped cream if I've been a good girl and done my exercising and drank all my water for the day.

Friday we're eating out so I think I'll go with a taco salad and maybe chili rellenos.
wyo rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #4  

Shepherd's Pie tonight.......Induction friendly from Linda's Low Carb site
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/coleslaw.html

MOCK SHEPHERD’S PIE

I adapted a recipe from online to make a mock Shepherd's pie. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. The nutritional info will be a little different with ground beef (more calories, but not any more carbs)

INGREDIENTS
2: 16 oz bags frozen cauliflower
1: 16 oz bag frozen green beans
2 oz cream cheese
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
20 oz ground turkey
1 medium onion diced (mine was 98 grams)
xanthan gum or 1 raw egg
1 T garlic powder
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS

TOPPING=mashed cauliflower
-take two 16oz bags of frozen cauliflower
-microwave for about 14 minutes in a microwave safe bowl or until cauliflower is very tender
-drain really well (if you don't remove the water, it'll end up like soup)
-add them to a food processor with 2 ounces of cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder (whatever spices you like).
-pulse till it's smooth like mashed potatoes (or if you don't have a processor, mash with a potato masher).

MEAT (do this while cauliflower is microwaving)
-saute diced up onion and brown the turkey (mince it up)
-add salt/pepper/garlic powder
-once cooked throughout, I added a little xanthan gum to thicken it, or you could use a raw egg
-stir in 2oz cheddar cheese

Cook the frozen green beans till soft.

Okay, so now here's the layering
-add ground meat/onion mixture to the bottom of a 9x13 pan, top with a layer of green beans, then spread around the mashed cauliflower on top. Top with the remaining 2oz of cheddar (or more if you like). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

It came out really nice. I like making casseroles this time of year when it's cold out. Here's the nutritional info without an egg.

For the entire recipe:
Calories: 1930
Fat: 108
Total carb: 93.8
Fiber: 36.16
Net carb: 57.64 (I had an 1/8 of a serving, which is 7.2 net carbs)
Protein: 160.7

You could halve the cauliflower recipe if this is too many carbs, but it's all veggie carbs, so I say the more the merrier.
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #5  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

Smile

wyo rose,

I saw your post earlier today and the lo-carb pizza idea caught my eye. I looked it up (the recipe) and checked - and yes, I had all the ingredients! So I made it for dinner tonight.

My son who is carb-counting with me is a very very picky eater. He was so thrilled to have pizza that he ate three slices!

When I was looking for the recipe, I saw many different totals and estimates of the number of carbs to count. So I entered all my ingredients that I used into FitDay (had to enter several custom foods because the carb count on what I had was different than FitDay's) and it came to a whopping 3.16 carbs per slice!

I had only one slice since I'd had a salad earlier -- and I'm still full now at 11 pm. Each slice has 23 grams of protein, so it's very filling!

Just wanted to thank you for pointing me in that direction! Thanks!
Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/166/132

Height: 5'9

Tonight I'm going to try the Taco bake recipe from Linda's

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/taco_bake.html
BlondeAmbition08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #7  

I LOVE the pizza and have it once a week.

These other recipes look delicious too. Can't wait to try them.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'1

Shrimp scampi last night (shrimp cooked in butter, salt, pepper, garlic - smashed but left in a big piece rather than pushed through the press so that they add flavor but not carbs) w/ spinach salad

Rack of lamb tonight with salt, pepper, rosemary. Maybe fennel on the side.

Roasted chicken legs tomorrow with some Emeril's Essence. Kale on the side.

Stuffed peppers on Thursday. Ground turkey, oregano, salt, pepper, parsely, maybe some tomato or tomato juice.

Yum yum!
fatfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #9  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default My house or yours...yours, for sure

What terrific menus you guys have come up with! I was thinking shrimp tonight to top a big, old kitchen sink green salad with sliced summer squash, spinach, mixed greens, red onion, bacon, cheese, sliced boiled eggs, a little tomato...

It's crazy hot and humid here - something like 95 and 90 plus per cent humidity. A big salad might be just the thing for me.

Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming...I have over 100 pounds to lose.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #10  

I just wanted to say that the taco bake turned out really delicious. It's very filling though, so if you're going to try it take a smaller piece than you think you want.

Tomorrow: minced pork with cabbage (similar to this: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/easy_co...f_cabbage.html)
Old 07-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/138/110

Height: 5'0

Is the Taco Bake ok for phase 1 since it has tomato sauce in it
QuiltFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltFan101 View Post
Is the Taco Bake ok for phase 1 since it has tomato sauce in it
Yes, the Taco Bake is ok for Induction...any recipe on Linda Sue's site marked with an * is ok for Induction.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/138/110

Height: 5'0

I can't to try the Taco bake
QuiltFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 AM   #14  

I made mine with tomato puree, because I couldn't find any sauce that didn't have added carbs. (I seasoned the meat a little extra instead.) But it's really not a lot of tomato either way.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #15  

I just made the taco bake and it is SO good and SO filling.

I didn't use tomato sauce, but substituted LaVictoria mild taco sauce with 1 carb per tablespoon.

Delicious! My DBF even liked it and he won't eat the low carb pizza because of the eggs in the crust.