Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 01:06 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Steel Magnolias #176

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is going to get warm today for we all ready had to turn on the air. No special plans for the day - go get some fresh veggies and fruits. The Iron Monster showed me down 1.6 yesterday but I do think it was the shoes. I usually wear my "heavy" ones and didn't yesterday. I'll take a hit when I once again wear them.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:21 PM   #2  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

MAGGIE: Another 1.6 is nothing to sneeze at even if you blame it on your shoes. LOL Congratulations!!!! Also thanks for starting a new thread.

It is HOT, HOT, HOT here. Not only high heat but high humidity!! That's the killer. Been using the air conditioner but upstairs is like an oven. It just started to rain and I am hoping that it cools things down.

With the new page I can't remember what everyone said so I will have to go back and reread the thread. Have a great week everyone and keep on drinking that water. I think that is all that is saving me from melting.

We are taking a quick, day trip to the Cape with another couple tomorrow and that should cool us off. Heading to Woods Hole where the Oceanograph Institute is located. It is a small, quaint village with a lot of great seafood restaurants. That is where we will have lunch. We will eat at 'The Landfall' which is right next door to the Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Ferry Wharf. I should be able to do OK if I stay with a nice piece of fresh fish. I will be on my best behavior.

Starting to thunder now so I must shut down the computor.
Gloria in MA....off to read.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:26 PM   #3  

Talking

Good Evening, Flowers!
It has been a busy day at my house. I took my MIL shopping this morning. She wanted a pair of white slacks and of course, found none. There are only two stores which carry clothes, beside WalMart so there isn't much selection. The sweaters and winter jackets are on the racks! She likes to paint on canning jars, golf balls, markers, sun visors, and decided she would like to try tea towels so we did find some of those at the "farm" store. This afternoon we took her to see the church since she had painted the picture on a number of jars. She was impressed! Then I went for a haircut, to WW -- showed a .2# gain which didn't surprise me, and then home again to fix supper.

Bubbles -- Were you planning on exercising in the water for 4 hours? You will be pruny for sure!

Sharon -- I hope you are staying cool! Do you live anywhere close to San F.? I need to get my atlas out as I'm not that familiar with CA -- I know where San Diego is, also LA and SF.

Maggie -- We have a gal who weighs in in shorts and a tank top all year around! That's what she wore to start WW and she is superstitious, I guess. Congrats on the loss!

Gloria -- Enjoy your trip to the Cape. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers! I think my MIL is going home tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-10-2002, 12:07 AM   #4  

Good evening/morning flowers,
Lost .2 again this week.......that 4th dinner sent me on a binge, and had I not been exercising I'd have been in real trouble.
No, Jean, I kayaked for 4 hours.........we exercise for 1, and that about does me in. When's the last time you perspired in the water at 9:30 AM? It's a weird feeling.
Gloria, hope you had a good time at WH. I know exactly where Landfall is. My aunt and uncle, as well as my cousin live in Falmouth. I was there for the first time last June. It was the week before school ended, cool, rainy, and crowded! I don't know what they do at the heigth( that spelling looks weird) of
the season. Actually, my cousin stays out on his sailboat most of the summer........it's a tough life, but someone has to do it.
Here's to a better loss next week!
Here's to cooler weather and less humidity...........this must be what **** will be like!

Maggie, we all take off our shoes, and our leader wears lots of rings, etc. which all come off before she steps on the electronic wizard. I always think about the "heft" of my clothes when I get dressed to go to class. We had a lady who wore a denim skirt over her shorts in the dead of winter just like your gal. The nurses at the hospital almost always wear the same uniform every Thurs. One gal was almost at her 10%, took off her belt, reweighed and made it! Now nobody ever wears a belt either. Oh the ways of those of us who are died in the wool fat heads.

Have a great Wednesday, Flowers.
Bubs
Old 07-10-2002, 01:17 AM   #5  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Time to go nighty night

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We just now turned off the air! Wow it has been a hot one and I am sure glad the humidity low where it belongs. That is what was a killer and made my knee hurt so bad when we lived in the beautiful, georgeous, pictuesque south.

JEAN that sounds like your mom in law does a neat job of painting. What a fun type hobby. Does she sell here wares at craft fairs? That is totally weird to have the winter duds already out when it is in the throws of Summer still. Poof - that sure wasn't much of a gain....it will be gone next week for sure. There is one gal that comes that will strip down to her bra and not think a thing of it and there are men there in the same area. Not a bit of shame that one. Then since she has her shirt off she sits in the meeting in her bra and painted on leggings. She looks to be about 80 pounds to lose before she reaches goal.

GLORIA have a great time at the cape. That is such a neat place you will be going. Fresh fish sounds yummy..... with lemon squeezed on it and on a bed of rice pilof.

BUBBLES girl you have just about convinced me to take off my shoes before I weigh in. The reason I really don't like to is that it can take a bit if time getting my left one back on. I never wear the same thing on Monday in a row. I am not into that. I have so much to lose that I would be wearing nothing by the last weigh in for it would be worn thread bare for sure. You are losing steadily and going in the right direction. CONGRATULATIONS FOR THAT.

Have a good nights sleep ladies. Nighters.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:20 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Hump DAY

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Now what is everyone up to this beautiful hump day? Sharon, Jean, Cookie, Bubbles, Gloria, Lorraine, Gail, Sharon.....

I just finished putting together a booklet to carry in the car that has points for some local places. Got the 411 off dear Doti's site. She has places there that I have never heard of but I am sure someone has or it wouldn't be there. I was interested to get the ones for Trander Joes, Sees and the Great Harvest Bread company. Sees has some great Lollypops that range in points from 1.5 to 2.5 but if you want a sweet they last a long time and are good to the last lick. They currently have 8 flavors. The Chocolate Raspberry one is so good and it is the one that is 1.5 points. I also put a few of the food joints in there that we stop by on occasion.

It is warm here but the humidity is staying down where it belongs. I have the air and fan on and Turn loves to lay on top of the freezer and have the fan blowing across his fur.

If any of you have that WW book that is Best of Weight Watchers Magazine try the recipe on page 32. It is a cucumber and carrot salad that is great! I added some meat and we split the whole thing for a good lunch. It makes a serving for 4 but half it if you are using it for a meal and it is filling and has lots of crunch.

Have a lovely OP day all you FLOWERS
Old 07-10-2002, 08:32 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers!
When you hit the "post reply" button, do you get a little box about psychic something or other? I've been getting it a lot lately and I am getting annoyed!

We finally got rain last night and according to our guage it was 1 3/4". We could use the same tonight. All I know is that it rumbled and lightninged all night long. It was pouring when I got up at my usual walk time so went back to bed. The weather cleared off around 9 so I decided to go then . . . not a good idea because I kept seeing others out walking and they all wanted to stop and visit! I finally gave up and came back home.

My MIL is back in her own place tonight. I ended up taking her in our car and DH drove her car for her. She is on pain meds that say "don't drive, etc." and we didn't want to take a chance. I haven't gotten squat done this week except cook, clean up the kitchen, and a little bit on my Christmas stocking.

Bubbles -- You will have that .2# gone before you know it! You can be in my "+ club" this week. Next week it will be the "-club!" I always take my shoes off when I weigh in. We had a visitor one time and she said that in her home meetings, they make you weigh in with your shoes on. I suppose it might be for sanitary reasons.

Maggie -- My MIL took a few painting lessons when they retired to AZ. She started out by making the ball markers for their golf league banquet. My FIL worked at one of the Okoboji golf courses in the summer and she started painting the golf balls for them to give out as prizes. That snowballed because snowbirds from MN and IL asked her to make 100s of ball markers so they could give them out in their summer leagues. The pictures are very detailed .... mountains, road runners, hummingbirds, cacti, flowers, etc. The jars she just does for "special" people or events. She made one for Amanda as a shower gift and it is the picture of the church they were married in. The jar was DH's grandmother's that she had actually canned with. I have one of our church and she has done her little hometown church. She is quite talented, I think. We gave one to our minister who just left and some sold for $50+ at our church auction this spring. I don't have the WW book and would love to have the recipe if you would share. I've heard of Sees but not the other two eating places . . . the book sounds like a good idea! I'm back OP now that MIL is gone and I can cook for "me". I'll bet the gal who weighs in in just her bra is NOT a pretty sight! YUCKKO! I am surprised the leader lets her do it.

I have lots of junk mail to dump so best move on. Have a nice evening, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-11-2002, 01:17 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Thankful it's Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The weather people say we will have rain this afteroon and tomorrow. Now I sure hope they aren't smoking any whacky weed and we will actually see some rain. I haven't yet decided what exactly I am going to be doing today. I may do some arm exercises.

JEAN that is marvelous that you got rain. I had to laugh when you said Bubbles could join the plus club. Made me go back and read because I had congratulated her for having that loss. Check it out. It is sure quiet around here right now. Your MIL has surely been blessed with a talent. Wish I could paint.

Everyone have a good day now ya' hear.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:45 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon!
I got up to rain again this morning -- nice! It is still cloudy, windy, and the temperature is 62 degrees! That is a bit too much change overnight but I love it!

Maggie -- I guess the heat must have gotten to me or I just didn't read carefully enough. SORRY BUBBLES . . . you are in the + Club this week and I will join you and Maggie next week!

Guess I will head out for my walk and see if I can just keep walking today. Have a nice "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-11-2002, 07:33 PM   #10  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

As soon as I posted that HOT,HOT,HOT note, it rained. It only rained during the night but it did come down. Today is a new world, breezy, cool, sunny and I am enjoying it.

MAGGIE: I hope your weather people were listening. I do agree that one wonders what they are on!

JEAN: Your MIL is a very talented lady. I love hand painted items. DD#1's MIL does hand painting on slates, as welcome signs, on wood furniture, almost anything she can get her hands on. I don't know if she sells anything but she should. I know what you mean about being OP when no special company is around. Then you can control what must be cooked.

BUBBLES: It's a small world. We spent the Fourth in Falmouth. My friend has a place on the water in Falmouth Heights. We just plunked ourselves down on the beach or her front porch. The traffic was really thick especially after the fireworks finished at 10:30 PM. There was a never ending line of cars going by the porch. The Landfall was fun and the weather was perfect for eating there with all their door/windows open to the water. The Martha's Vineyard Ferry left while we were eating and it is quite a sight.

Today was a very interesting day. My printer died and I did some research on the net and also at a computer store. Bottom line was that it would not be worth it to fix the 5 yr old printer but better to buy a new one. Looked around and found a Lexmark that seem good and so I bought it. Took 2 hours but I finally set it up and it is working great!!!! After reading the pamphlet I think each time I try a new application I will have to get instructions. Every thing new takes time getting used to. I am happy to be able to print cards and recipes again.

Gloria in MA....off to play with my new toy.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:45 PM   #11  

Good evening all you flowers,
You clowns now have me totally confused! (Not hard to do) I could have sworn I lost .2 last week, but if you say I'm in the plus club, I'm sure that's where I belong:~} Wait til you read this........we had a nurse come in tonight who started 14 weeks ago, has lost every week but one, had knee surgery early on, so is really just becoming rehabilitated. Last week she gained 2.3, and said she was becoming bored. The leader and I both gulped, because we had been waiting to hear that. Anyway, this week she lost 14.8lbs!!!!! I've never known of anyone losing that much in one week, especially since she's been on the program for a while. Everyone was so excited for her! She said she needs to get suspenders for her underpants What a difference an atwork group is compared to a traditional. They all see each other daily, are friends, and are so supportive of one another, it's really great to see. It's almost a religious experience, if that makes any sense.
It's going down in the 40s tonight, and I can't wait to get in bed Glad I won't be in a tent at camp either. It didn't bother me 50 years ago, but I've become accustomed to the creature comforts in my old age.
You all have a great day tomorrow...........I think I'll spend all day out of doors while it's cool and clear.
Bloom on!
Bubbles
Old 07-12-2002, 12:04 AM   #12  

Just taking a peek while I wait for an email from my #1 (and only) daughter.

Gloria -- Unfortunately they don't make things like they used to and we have become a "throw away" society because of it. You were smart to research printers before you bought one. I don't have a clue how to do anything with mine except print regular size paper and envelopes. Each time I want to do an envelope I have to reread the instructions. I have an OLD laptop sitting here that DH got when his office rolled over to computers. It's black and white; he brought it home so the kids could play solitaire on it.....too many years ago to remember. That is going into the junk pile when I start pitching in this room.

Bubble -- I *think* I was thinking positives and negatives then switched them around when I referred to + and -. Oh heck, I don't know what I thought! Guess I had my .2 gain on my brain and wanted some company in my "club!"

I am going to head for bed. See you all tomorrow.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-12-2002, 11:30 AM   #13  
Thin Within

Thumbs down FRIDAY

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The rain didn't come. But it isn't as hot this morning as it has been. This is a high point day for me and I am cooking bacon as I type. Yeppers, I am going to have a BLT for breakfast with OJ and a cappuccino for a 10 point breakfast.

GLORIA I have a Lexmark and it hasn't given me a lick of trouble. Only thing that I don't really care for is that the color doesn't print as true as my old HP did. When I got this one I had some unopened ink cartridges for the HP and so only had to pay 5 dollars for this one because they took that ink in as a "trade." However, when it dies I am going back to HP because I need that color trueness for my cards and publications. But this Lexmark is small and doesn't take up much room where there isn't much to take up.

BUBBLES LOL don't let Jean convince you that you had a gain instead of a loss. I have never ever heard of anyone that lost that much in one week. WOW what a system she must have for retaining water. Seems like that would have to account for some of that loss. But a pound is a pound when you lose it so a bing CONGRATUALTIONS to your friend.

JEAN you are whacko! But I love you anyway!

Have a great eve of the weekend folks.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:20 PM   #14  

Talking

Happy Friday, Flowers!
Well, I am now a happier camper as I have been to my favorite physician for my yearly exam. Guess I am good for another year as soon as I have my mammogram and this year a bone density test in August. The sun is out and it is a beautiful COOL day in my neighborhood. I wish this would last for the rest of the summer!

I think we are heading to Sioux City this afternoon to pick up a medicine cabinet that we ordered three weeks ago. They were supposed to notify us when it came in (supposed to be within 2 weeks) and we hadn't heard. I played musical numbers on the phone and wasted a lot of time before I finally got to talk to someone who could look it up. Wouldn't you think the information would be at the customer service desk #? Well, it's not! GRRRRRR! You have to talk to whichever dept. you ordered from and then wait while someone might answer the phone. My patience, with some things, is almost nil the older I get!

Maggie -- I always told you I was confused! Your BLT for lunch sounds wonderful! HMMMMM . . . just maybe I have some bacon in the fridge. I'll have to check!

Have a nice day Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:54 PM   #15  

Hi Girls,
Just stopped in to say it's a sweatshirt day in WV!!!!! Am I a happy camper. Speaking of which, went out to camp this morning to help with "Arts and Farts"(that's what the young counselors call it, because most of the instructors are over 40). Anyway, when I left at noon, we rode the barge across the river(steel WW2 type), anyway, my dog saw his best buddy on the other side and jumped off the barge to greet her. We were about in the middle of the river, so they continued on to where we had begun, played a little, then jumped in and swam back across to the other side. They were really cute. He is now drying off in his crate, and no doubt taking a long "rest hour"

Have a happy and healthy weekend.
Bubs
Closed Thread