South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #1  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Smile calories?

I just did a rough estimate of my day on fit day. I wasn't measuring so I had to guess. - I do plan to measure tomorrow.

Anyway, I haven't had dessert yet (but I am planning on it) and it comes up to 1,550 - I have been working out intensely for about an hour a day this week.

My main reason for figuring it up in the first place was because I was concerned about not getting enough calories since I'm pretty sure that is what happened to me on WW. - I just became so tired all the time, I worked out a lot and I don't think I got as many extra points for my exercise as I needed.

So my question is - should I just not worry about calories at all? I want to do whatever will be most effective and give me the calories I need to be healthy too. I know some people combine calorie counting with SB. Should I just hold off on that for phase 2 or what?
Old 07-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I wouldn't concern yourself too much about calories in phase 1. If your eating within the guidelines for phase 1, your calories will be lower, mine were anyways. that's my 2 cents...
Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

When I was losing on phase 2 I kept my calories to around 1400 per day, I have since stopped keeping food logs and haven't lost any weight so I started tracking agin and I figured out why I hadn't lost anything I was eating around 2000 calories per day, I exercise 6 days a week moderate exercise. I started phase 1 yesterday to kick any cravings and then plan on going back to phase 2 and watching calories.

My calories for yesterday ended up being 1550 but I am not worried about calories on phase 1. For Phase 1 just make sure you eating right foods and don't worry about calories. You have to play with it and see what works for your own body as everyone is different. Hope that helps
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i agree. until you stop losing weight, worrying about calories is moot.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

I think it is helpful to keep a food log. I also agree that if you follow the guidelines of phase I and listen to your body, you will be eating enough to run your body efficiently and lose weight.
Closed Thread