Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

Default Restarting...again!

So here I go again back on the Atkins diet. I did the diet for about 3 weeks in March, which was the longest I've ever been on a diet, I'm 20, sad I know. It was awesome and I lost 10 lbs and felt great, then just started cheating when I moved home and couldn't stop! I've never been super heavy but always chunky and now I'm at my highest weight ever. Gained everything back and then some....
I've tried to restart numerous times and it always ends the same way, I see a food I want that's not on the diet and I give up. Sometimes I even forget I'm supposed to be staying away from those foods. I feel so helpless, having no will power sucks. I guess what I want to know is what do you guys do, or say to yourself when you find that you are completely unmotivated and tempted to cheat? It doesn't help I work with awful fried food all day. But I really, really want to do this for myself I just have trouble with motivation and will power!
soure1sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #2  
Wishful Shrinking

S/C/G: 226/221/160

Height: 5'9''

Hey!
It's hard, but you can definitely do it! When you start to get tempted to cheat just get yourself out of the house. When I get in one those moods I grab my dog and head out for a stroll. It as least keeps me distracted and when I get back I am too proud of myself to want to mess up. We are close in weights/height/goals, if you ever want to chat let me know. We can keep each other motivated! And, I am also from Michigan.

Keep your head up, you can do it!!
golfinchick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #3  

Have you considered that Atkins might be too restrictive for you? I'm not knocking Atkins, so anyone who's on it: please don't take offense. However, it is not for everyone. For example, I love fruits and veggies, and I must have my treats now and then. Thus, a plan like Atkins would be impossible for me to stick to. Perhaps you should just count calories or something like that, which would allow you to eat from all food groups and work in foods you want into your daily total.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

I have to agree with the above. Atkins is too restrictive. I did it for a while, then would cheat for a few days and literally gain all the weight back. Then get back on board and cheat again. It was horrible. The diet really made me miserable and there was so much guilt surrounding any bad choice that it made me just want to eat more. I would never do it again and I regret ever doing it in the first place. I'd try calorie counting.
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:16 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Have you checked out the 3FC Atkins subforum? It's over in Carb Counters:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226

There are some sticky threads at the top with general information as well as discussions below.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I started weightloss with Atkins as well though I did lose my first 30 or so pounds on it.. and stopped then ate bad again and gained 10 back.. So I agree the plan is not realistic for long term goals..

Have you tried South Beach? I am currently on that and I LOVE it. I have had no major slips.. here and there I will have something alittle bad but I dont beat myself up about it and continue on the plan.

I HATE losing weight I have already lost before..very frustrating.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

Hey everyone, I appreciate all of you responding! The reason I chose the Atkins was because it's one of the only plans I have found where I can still feel full. My friend is doing South Beach too and she loves it, I however am a little confused by it and it's my understanding that the first two weeks is pretty much the same as the Atkins, so I might sort of convert to that after my Induction, we'll see how it goes. So far so good though, I love how much better I feel about myself already just by the eating choices I've made the last 3 days! golfinchick, thanks for the advice, getting out of the house and away from the fridge is probably the best thing I could do! What kind of an eating plan are you on? Also thanks for pointing me in the direction of the subforums guys! Each day I have gotten more and more inspired and the pages and pages of information and ideas on this site and it thrills me! Looking forward to talking with all of you and thanks again
soure1sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #8  

Welcome and good luck to you!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote