Old 07-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Weekend Chat July 26 & 27th

GOOD MORNING CHICAS!!!

Another weekend is here! Feels like summer is cruising by...except on the days my kids are bickering, then it feels like fall can't come fast enough!!

Julliard, don't worry, you'll get the hang of who we are soon!! Sounds likeyou had a great time at the zoo, and what a great workout!!

Trish, your son is going to be in Nashville for school?? I think that's what you had said...if so, man he is lucky!!! Lots of culture there. HOpe you enjoy the wedding. CHeck in tomorrow if you can!!

Well todad I'm gonna take the kiddos swimming at my mom's. Other than that not a whole lot going on. Frank has been working the past few Saturdays, they may start doing Sundays as well. They've rebuilt the Ritz-Carlton and they need to get it finished in the next few months. What that means for us is lots of extra $$, and we could use it with the way the economy has been. WE are off budget, paying way more for food & gas than we should be...aren't we all??? So even though we miss him, he still gets home around 4:30, it's not too bad.

Okay, off to have my coffee (can you believe I got on here before I had coffee??? I can't.) then to walk my dog. Hope everyone has a super day!!

Cheers, P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I"m on my second cup of coffee. I also started on 20 mg. Adderall this AM. So far so good, I feel OK. I've been cleaning since I got up though, which is what I usually do on Saturday AM, so it's hard to say. I really hope this works though.

Not a lot planned this weekend except cleaning and a trip to BJ's. Have a great one all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #3  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Well up early this morning. The countdown has started. We leave in about 16 hrs. I still have loads to do.

Got the dog off to the groomers this morning. DH is getting the oil changed in the car. Then off to the parents to drop off the mail key. Then the girls and I are going to get our eyebrows done. Then it is packing time. DH is going to take a nap.

Trish I am glad you made it back in one piece. I am dreading the day when my kids start to drive. Which is about 4 years. Have a good race and rest of the day.

Lauren I hope the meds start working. Have a great weekend.

P, I agree with the way the economy is going. It is really starting to hit people hard. I will have to work some over time when the fall hits to help with Christmas this year.

To everyone else have a good day. I am hoping that I can find things to eat that are somewhat healthy while we are gone.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #4  

Back from my walk.

Fergi, hope you have a wonderful time Enjoy yourself, and try to eat healthy, but remember, you're on vacation, so it's okay to splurge a bit!!!

Lauren, good luck with the new dosage. Want to come here & clean??? I swear, I feel like every Monday I clean, and by Tues AM, everything's a mess again!!

Okay, off to the showers & then swimming.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chicksters,

Pam ~ enjoy your day swimming with the kids. I hear you about food/gas. I can really tell a difference in my grocery bill. I love bargains and shop at Goodwill for the kids clothes but when it comes to food I'm a real snob. I won't buy off brands and my kids already can tell a difference. They eat really well and I think that a lot of it has to do with the quality of the food that I buy. I hope that I don't have to stop!

Mornin' Lauren ~ fingers crossed that you start seeing a difference soon. Have you noticed a change in your appetite yet?

Fergi ~ woohoo!!! Vacation time is here!!! Enjoy!!

I had such a great time last night. I went back to my old neighborhood and met with some girlfriends. It was fun catching up. We swore that we'd still keep in touch after I moved but life gets busy and it's hard to stay connected. No big plans this weekend. We've had a busy summer and it will be nice just to chill and relax here at home. Hope that everyone has a great weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

IrishJoan, that sounds like it was fun!
Fergi, have a lovely trip!
I have so much to do. Okay my DD 11 and my Dear Fiance are gone for a month, while I have time to finish up some odds and ends. Like: Make the cake, talk to his Dad's band re: music, go see friend who will decorate hall, sew DD's Jr. BM dress, buy guest pillows, pre-make some foods like lasagne for when guests come, get a little tan with no strap marks, tone up arms, organize someone to do my hair, return horrible shoes and get nice ones, make thank-you cards to match invitations, tame the lawn. plant some flowers, re-pot about a zillion tomato plants, buy a Large mirror for dining room wall, put our own photos in the set of frames on the other dining room wall (model photos still in since before Christmas), stain the deck, re-paint garage door, oh... my.... God. Oh.. my.. Am I CRAZY? Yes. I think I am. Well, at least I know, I'm not in denial.
Aw, CRAP!!! I forgot!! I have to cut tar off my cats. Photos coming!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey girls! Happy saturday! I have a b-day party to go to today. I promised to bring some desserts and DD made two batches of brownies this morning. I did surprisingly well and barely passed out at all!

I had my weigh in this morning... down 1.5 so that's a total of 8.5 in 4 weeks!! YAY Me!! LOL

I gotta go jump in the shower so I will check in with you later!! Enjoy you're day!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #8  
KAR

Afternoon Ladies,
Decided to clean a little bit this morning. So I wiped down all the walls in the house of the cobwebs. Guess I hadn't done that for a while. They sure were dirty. Guess later this afternoon, I will dust all the rooms and then maybe this evening or tomorrow thing about the floors. Then I should be good to go for awhile. LOL
Pam, have fun swimming today. I know what you mean about the ecomony. I am so tired of sitting at home and being bored out of my mind. But have been trying to limit the trips we take because of the gas prices.
Joan, that sounds like you had a lot of fun last night. I wish the girls that I worked with at my first school would have kept in touch with me. But after I met John, they kind of disappeared when I moved. I tried getting in touch with them and they just blew me off. Oh well, I have some great friends here now. Enjoy your day of relaxing!
Kori, sounds like you have a busy month planned for yourself. Sending willpower your way to get it all done. Enjoy your me time!
Fergi, sounds like you have a busy day planned. Enjoy your trip! Have a safe drive! Like Pam said it is vacation, you can splurge a little bit.
Lauren, hope the new doseage works for you. Hope you had fun cleaning your house.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a great day today!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #9  
KAR

Valerie Congrats on your weight loss this week! Keep it up!
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #10  
LBH

So we just spent a majority of our day at the darn vet. Whatever Eli has, it's not bacterial. He's anemic, his white blood cell count is down a little. She said that probably means he's loosing blood through his bowels, although we haven't noticed any. We left him there for a couple hours so they could do bloodwork and get a fecal. Of course, his entire bowel trac was empty, so they gave him some water...nothing. So they gave him a little food and waited and finally dug out a sample. Blech... Anyway, our choices were a biopsy to find out exactly what's going on, or try to rule out food allergies by trying an expensive prescription diet for a couple weeks. We chose the diet for now. And we have an anti-inflamitory to give him. We go back 8/2. If the diet works, we have to keep him on that for the rest of his friggin' life. If not, we have to do the biopsy. But I'm thinking second opinion.

Anyway, we're off to BJ's & WM, since we didn't get there earlier.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #11  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, b-day yesterday went okay...glad to have it over. DS had a great time and I guess that is what matters. Had a rough few days with staying OP and was too busy to exercise. DD is napping right now and I think I will go do my workout now so I feel a little better about myself!

Kori, I am soooo jealous of your fabulous willpower!! You are an inspiriation.

Valerie, congrats on your loss!

Fergi, have a great trip, travel safely.

Lauren, sorry to hear about your pup. I hope that it ends up being nothing too serious or expensive.

Those of you in warm places, send some of it up here!!!! This is one of the coolest summers EVER! (okay, I exaggerate )

Gonna go restart my day
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for the congrats everyone!! I am so excited! I was at a pool party all afternoon and they had NO healthy choices except watermelon. Watermelon does not a dinner make so.......... I was way OP today with WHAT I ate but not so much with HOW MUCH. They had hot dogs, sloppy joes, taco meat with beans (this was grease ball city) and that was it. My daughter made two batches of brownies to take and I took two cakes. I had one hotdog, about a cup and a half of the greasy thing with taco chips, a brownie and 1.5 Mikes Hard Lemonades. This was all spread out over a 5 hour period. Now I gotta head over sparkpeople and try to log everything. I'll tell ya... that food was so greasy I think I'm gonna slide to the potty when it's time... Yikes! I'm just glad that I didn't have to eat the the day before weigh-in. That woulda stunk!!

Lauren... sorry about puppy. Hope he's feeling better soon!!

Mama - Hope you day got better!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-26-2008 at 10:08 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #13  
Changing Lifestyle

S/C/G: 197/187.5/137

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls,
I just wanted to say Hi and that I am here mostly reading posts. My life is very uneventful and I enjoy little time that left before my kids go to school. I will probably take my 11 year old to Batman movie. I really miss my 4 year old (Kenny) who is in Alaska and has lots of fun. The other day he told me that he saw Grizzly bear with 2 cubs, a Moose, and a fox. My husband said they were 50 yards away from the bears. Scary!
Ok, I am going to cook dinner,
Yana
yana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:49 AM   #14  
LBH

Mornin' All!

Yeah, I'm up early with no good reason. But DH and I are sitting here on our computers enjoying the peace & quiet! The boys got to bed very late last night, I think it was close to 10 for Robby and after 11 for Peter!! We didn't get home from WM & BJs until around 9:30. We spent soo much money yesterday, it kills me. $300 at the vet, $200 at WM and almost $300 at BJs!! Thankfully it wasn't all junk, we had a couple bigger things to get at WM and we stocked up at BJs. We won't need to go for at least 3 wks., maybe a month. I told DH everytime it seems we're getting the budget straight, something has to go and blow it.

Woke up to a little thunder this AM, around 5:30-ish, and DH had to get up with the dog, since that's about his normal time. Today we'll be cleaning, since it got sidetracked by dog issues yesterday.

And we'll be planning some meals. I bought a bunch of healthy snacks so I can pack my lunch prepared. I bought a can of almonds, individual cottage cheeses, honey wheat pretzels, apples and salad. I'm going to divvy up the almonds and pretzels, so I can just grab them and not worry about mindlessly eating the whole can/bag.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Poppy, I hear you about the BBQ! I have to go to a family 'do' and dread the food they're going to have, I'll have something good here before I go.
Lauren, your poor dog, I hope he gets better soon.
I bought the new WW scale yesterday, and the rat fink agrees with the scale at WW meetings, plus it gives me my body fat, 27.7%, and my body water, 52.7% I figured out my lean body mass is 113 lbs!
The weather is kind of overcast, after a heavy thunderstorm last night, so, since the driveway is dry, and I can drive and walk on it, I can buy soil, and get a start to my gardening!
**Oh, gals, I was fooling about the cats having tar on them, so no pics about that, but I do have one with blue paint on my black cat from when DD was 4! Let's see if I can find it!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote