Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #1  

Default Gained 4lbs instantly!

Well no, I didn't. But my family's scales say 140lbs, MY much newer ones say 144lbs, le sigh.

That's scales for you. Because I'm a masochist, I'll go with them. They are the ones *I* own anyway, so I won't have to go back to my family's to weigh if I just go with what they say.

Ideally, I'd like to be 120lbs. This means I have 24lbs to lose. This means therefore it'll take at least 12 weeks, and that's assuming a 2lb loss per week which isn't likely because I'm not starting from the "overweight" category.

Today is Day 2 of 1,500 calories and at least 30 mins exercise a day. Since I discovered Benefiber I am NOT passing out on less than 2,000 calories a day..I had a "false start" when I took it in 4 doses and not 2 (as in, I took 4 x teaspoons/day rather than 2 x 2 teaspoons a day, if you get me) and my tummy suffered! So now it's strictly as instructed.

HOWEVER, I've worked out that by Halloween, October 31st, I'll have done 99days of weight-loss efforts and should be a substantial way (at least half) towards this goal, assuming no big problems arising. I think I've tackled black and white thinking..even if I mess up sometimes, I think 90 days or whatever is loads better than lamenting how flawed I am and not getting anywhere.

I maintained 120lbs for over a year earlier in my teens without having to starve or over-exercise (and yes, I was pretty much the same height!), my problems began, I suppose, when I binge ate as a result of anorexia which took me down to 108lbs, I think.

Anyhow..I have a more realistic outlook about this now, I think. I'm not banning ANY foods, but I WILL remind myself that I'll be seriously hungry if I make poor choices and choose 4 cupcakes for 1500 calories and not healthy food throughout the day.

I'm trying not to weigh myself in general for a while because I'd like to focus on how I can FEEL slimmer and healthier and whatnot (trying to eat more vegetables too).

Having kicked the bingeeating monster for, what, gotta be 3 months now? I feel that providing I don't "BAN!" things, this won't spiral me back down.

That was long.

Well, I'm back.

Last edited by CousinRockingChair; 07-25-2008 at 12:16 PM.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yes Yes Cousin! Nice to see you back as well! You're doing good! Stay with the plan--that's the main thing. Stay away from those "dangerous" extremes...

Good luck, Emily!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  

Jay Jay! Missed you. You always say nice and sensible things. I've missed 3FC.

I think my biggest enemy is the lure of The Extreme Attitude (well I've had EDs, so not surprising!). That is my nemesis, more so than sugar and sat fats.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #4  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I recently had to be reminded why I don't trust other scales. My scale and the scale that my trainer uses at the gym only weighs me a pound off, so I thought it would be okay to weigh myself after a workout at the regular gym scale.

WRONG! It gave me 170.2, even after I told it that I was wearing a pounds worth of clothes. I rushed back home to my scale and that told me 164.1. Whew!!!

As they say in Southern Illinois, "that learned me good!"
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Emily it seems like you and I have alot in common. Our current weights, our goal weights, and our history with eating disorders.

If you ever need a friend or someone to talk to who understands, NEVER hesitate to PM me.

You're doing such a wonderful job and I really admire your strength through all of this.

Good luck!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

I think scales at the gym purposely make your weight higher so that you feel like you're not losing much weight, and you have to keep coming back and giving them money! The scale at my gym is probably 2 lbs too high! I hate stepping on it, especially in front of other people.
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote