Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #1  
Wishful Shrinking

S/C/G: 226/221/160

Height: 5'9''

Default Today is going to be a challenge!!

Today at work is one of our firm's partner's 40th birthday. So there are currently dozens of huge fresh delicious looking muffins in the lunch room.

Then for lunch we are having a potluck- so definitely all the junk and delicious smelling aromas that you can imagine will be filling the work place.

Then after work my husband and I are going to visit family which always means homeade food, cookouts, desserts, etc.

I think today is going to test every ounce of willpower I have in me. Every meal today is going to challenge me. I'm trying to stay focused and I am staying in my office as much as possible so I don't have to walk by the lunch room!

I just wanted to share my dilemna with you all and try and talk myself into having a super successful day and making very smart food choices even amongst the temptations!

I CAN DO THIS!!!! Getting to my goal is way more important than some sugar!
golfinchick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:53 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Good Luck today! Remember,

- There will always be muffins in the world.
- There will always be too much sugar, too much potluck, too many desserts.
- What you put into your mouth is up to you. No one is going to hold you down and force food between your teeth.

Hang in there! Decide ahead of time what and how much you will have, so that you have a plan...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hopefully for the potluck you brought a delicious low calorie dish that you can induldge in. I make sure I always take something I can eat a lot of for parties/potlucks. Funny thing is the "healty food" always goes fast. People really do crave good (for you) food.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #4  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

You can do it!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Yesterday, I resisted temptation. I was up .6 lbs at my WW meeting. I dropped off MIL-to-be at her house (She lost 2.2) and went to the grocery store to drown my sorrows in fat-free fudgicles. They didn't have any, so I stood in front of the ice cream section for 15 minutes debating with myself. Do I go to the other store? Should I get these other ones that I kind-of like? Maybe some fat-free gelato? I bought cucumbers, and low-fat ranch. At the cashier, I picked up and put down 4 chocolate bars. As I was walking back to the car with my cucumbers, I felt still a little mad about the .6, but really proud of myself for not buying junk. And I didn't go to the other store.
My point is, you will be proud of yourself if you stay away from the junk!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote