South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chick Chat

Happy Friday!

Jake made the coffee this morning since he doesn't have to go in til a little later this morning. What a treat!

Today a group of us are taking the kids to the Herr's Snack Factory for a tour. We did that last summer, too, but the kids wanted to go again. They offer you samples of potato chips hot from the ovens, and even though I'm not a chip lover, they're absolutely delicious.

Today is my grandson's first birthday, too. I'm not sure if we're going to celebrate tonight, or wait until Sunday. We have a big birthday/graduation party tomorrow for my niece, so it looks like the entire weekend will be a celebration. It'll be a 3 day weekend for me, since I'm scheduled for my colonoscopy on Monday. Ugh.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning. Bri made my coffee... and drove me to work. I got here at 6 so I can leave at 2:30 so we can go to La Plata (about 2 hours away) for racing tonite. OY the life of rednecks with money....

Herr's factory huh? I bet it's fun... I wonder if UTZ does it too....

and Happy birthday to the grandson Cottage...
Old 07-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Coffee and Chat

Good morning. Pour a cup and sit for while. It's not as muggy today as it was yesterday and we may even see the sun.

Big t-storm last night knocked out the power in the whole village until after midnight. It was so weird to see all the darkness but the Fair looked gorgeous with all the lights. (The Fair rides run on their own generators.)

I'm about to load up and take my big crockpot of chili over to the Office. Then I'll buy some rolls. With no electricity last night, I didn't get baking and sure wasn't going to fire up the woodstove to make rolls. When I come home, I'll start the beef stew for tomorrow. I am tired of cooking!

The Pypers will be back next week for a couple of days when we are supposed to have sunshine. They did Montreal yesterday and then decided to go home near Ottawa rather than come back here. So I have a breather from the cooking and chaos. Of course, I still have this monster boat in my lane to baby sit but it's quiet and doesn't eat or leave towels on the floor! And Grand Dog Bailey is still here too but she is a sweetie and minds her Grandma very well.

The three dogs have done nothing but sleep since the company left. I think it must be very tiring staying on the "qui vive" all the time watching for cookie crumbs to fall or someone who looks ready to do ear scritching!

Time to get rolling. May be able to pop in later.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Cottage and Ladybugnessa. I just knew somebody's pop in while I went on and on in my post.

Nessa, rednecks with money? Isn't that an oxymoron? Enjoy!

Cottage, sounds like a busy but fun weekend before your big event on Monday. I get a scope every two years and find the prep worse than the procedure.

The AC came back on when the power returned last night and my windows are all steamed up. I guess I should venture out to check the weather before I get dressed. The forecast says no precipitation but I don't trust it anymore as we've had rain every day this month except for three.

Outta here!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Hard to imagine a colonoscopy as part of a three day weekend! Enjoy the parties (is it a colonoscopy party?!)

Nessa - Hope work whizzes by and you're off to weekend activities soon

Ruth - The weather has been crazy this year! Enjoy the sunshine.

I'm off to yoga in a few. I am doing a few days of P1 and had to remember light breakfasts. I usually eat hot cereal before yoga because it doesn't sit in my stomach. I made a yummy concoction of ff cottage cheese with chopped tomato and shredded zucchini. perfect!

Looks like we actually have a day with no rain today. Everything is soaked but I'm going to get out and walk and/or bike and make up for last week.

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post

Cottage - Hard to imagine a colonoscopy as part of a three day weekend! Enjoy the parties (is it a colonoscopy party?!)
Right. And you're sick. I'm not looking forward to the procedure at all. The only good that will come of it is that I'm not allowed to do anything afterwards, so I'm looking forward to a day of reading and leisure.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Crazy day yesterday. We were on the way to bring my MIL over to the gulf coast to visit relatives for a few days when her phone rang. It was my sister in law calling from Houston to tell us that my BIL has to have a triple bypass this morning. (my husband's brother, MIL's oldest son) So we continued on to the coast (driving through a horrid storm) and when we got there, MIL had her flight changed to leave last night. We visited for a while, then had to head back to go to the airport in New Orleans so she could catch her flight home to Houston to be there for the surgery. Luckily the weather cleared up for the drive and flight back.

We are just going to hang around here today to hear about the surgery. Everyone is pretty nervous about it.

Cottage: give that birthday boy a kiss for me!! I know your procedure will go just fine. The dread is definately worse!

Ruth: Glad you got your power back on. That is no fun at all !!

Nessa: hope your work day goes quickly so you can have fun at the races !!

Cyndi: Enjoy the yoga class. I really have to get back into that...so relaxing.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-25-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:12 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning all. Was without a phone line (which means dsl was down) all day yesterday. Very frustrating! The storm is over, at least for today. They are calling for rain over the weekend as well. I'm bound and determined to get my dog out for exercise today! Suppose to be a nice one.

Enjoy your day all.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Right. And you're sick. I'm not looking forward to the procedure at all. The only good that will come of it is that I'm not allowed to do anything afterwards, so I'm looking forward to a day of reading and leisure.
and umm isn't the day before food only clear liquids?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

Cottage - what an exciting weekend! Happy Birthday to the little grandson!!

Ruth - Rolls. mmmm. Haven't thought about those in a LONG time. I did find a whole wheat recipe I might try. Sigh...

Nessa - Redneck?! LOL - you would LOVE NC!!! Ever been to a mud sling?

Cyndi - enjoy the Yoga!

Cat - Hope your BIL does fine. That's gotta be stressful on the family.

Me - WOOOooOOO! Three day weekend!! What am I to do with myself?!?! My cute little red headed daughter is laying next to me, watching tv . Plan is to send them to daycare so the hubbie and I can get errands and workout done (we're doing a 3 mi course together...should be interesting...he's a foot taller than I! His stride is SO much longer!). Then off to go camping for the weekend!

ANd, I'm going to officially switch my goal (since I'm now below it!!). THanks for all your support!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Nessa - Redneck?! LOL - you would LOVE NC!!! Ever been to a mud sling?

nope... what is it?

part of the reason DH is willing to move is RACING!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies

Cottage have a fun tour today

Ruth enjoy your quiet time today

Nessa have fun at the races

Lori glad to hear you got your dsl back up and running- we lost power Thursday early am but only for 3 hours

Cat let us know how the surgery went- prayers going your way

Cyndi have a good day and enjoy your class

Last night after work went to Six Flags for Natasha Bedingfield (Sp?) concert- she was really good even though we had to wear rain ponchos but didn't rain too bad

Today after work me and DH are going to see xfiles movie- Enjoy your day Ladies
Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #13  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

No time to chat today. Busy day. I hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning TwynnB- CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING 1 LB PAST GOAL!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
nope... what is it?

part of the reason DH is willing to move is RACING!
They dig a BIG pit, put a truck in it, with a bunch of water (mud), and see if it can get out. Most watching have a beer in hand.

Never went myself, but my co-worker was a BIG fan!
Closed Thread