Old 07-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Pizza!!

I made some absolutely delicious stuffed peppers today that taste exactly like pizza and I'll definitely be using these to satisfy my pizza cravings in the future!

The stuffing was italian sausage and pepperoni, onion, yellow squash and zucchini (I'm trying to tell myself it's healthier if I add more veggies! lol) that were all sauteed up together and then I mixed in some hot & spicy vodka sauce (you can use any low sugar tomato sauce). I used red bell peppers to stuff, layered a small amount of cheese in the bottom of the peppers before I stuffed them and then sprinkled a little on top, baked for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven and VOILA! Pizza in a Pepper!

I think these are actually better than the traditional rice stuffed ones!

Last edited by wisher; 07-23-2008 at 11:21 AM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/202/145

Height: 5' 6"

That looks good and EASY! I was just noticing that I had some peppers that are "on the verge" and I need to cook them.

I've never heard of vodka sauce - sounds delish! Did you buy it in your local grocery store?
wyo rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Yeah I got it right in the grocery store. Vodka sauce is a tomato sauce that traditionally is made with vodka, obviously the ones in the stores don't have that, lol! But it's other distinguishing characteristic is that it's a creamy pink color and that's because it has (again, traditionally) heavy cream in it. I like it way better than regular tomato sauce, it's usually tangier and I've found the ones in the store usually have less sugar than traditional tomato/marinara sauce.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/202/145

Height: 5' 6"

Oh I gotta look for that sauce! Especially since it's lower in carbs!

I did make these pizza peppers last night and they were great! I was kinda wondering about putting the zucchini in, but it really made it! I didn't have any yellow squash, so I substituted mushrooms.

And the peppers I used were anaheim and some other big mild peppers. DeeLISH!!
wyo rose is offline   Reply With Quote