Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #1  
IP start June 11, 2014

Default Carbohydrate Addict plan, or what?

I don't really understand what is going on. A couple weeks ago I started making vegetables the base of all my meals. Then low fat dairy for snacks and some whole grains. Also, at night sometimes I have small dessert. The idea was that I was going to stop eating sugar and white flour foods, but at night I still miss a sweet treat occassionly so I have it. Anyway, I thought that the sweet would ruin my plan and send me into binge mode for the next day and it didn't do anything at all. Turns out that I have been fine the next day and continue to lose weight. I have read bunches of different diet books and this sounds a lot like the carbohydrates addict plan, but I remember trying it before, and I didn't think that I could stick with it (probably mainly because the one carb meal you were allowed per day I used as a binge). I am wondering if I may have a plan that will work for me. Does this sound familiar to anyone who has been successful?

Here is what I eat or will eat today.

Morning:
1/2 breakfast sandwich (1 egg, 1 slice whole grain bread, sprinkle cheese)

Snack:
1 zucchini sliced up
2 wedges of laughing cow

Lunch:
1.5-2c Spinach leaves
1/2 Avocado
1 tomato
3 oz very lean beef (Scottish Highlander beef)
2 T regular dressing

Snack
.5-1c Cottage Cheese

Dinner
Beef stir fry on bed of vegetables

Dessert
Last night I ate 3 Oreo cookies and 1/2 cup homemade ice cream
(I probably won't do this again tonight)
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Your plan sounds really well rounded and healthy. As long as you're getting the proper amount of calories and nutrients, if you've found an order to eat your food and keep yourself from binging then congrats!

We're all individuals and if this is something that you feel like you can stick to for the long haul, then go for it!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote