South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Coffee and Chat

Good morning! Come pour yourself a cup of coffee, tea, or what have you and pull up a chair!

We had a very stormy night and it looks like a soggy day is ahead for the day. I really don't mind, as we're getting some much needed rain and relief from the heat wave.

I took the girls to Boomers for the day, yesterday, with some friends, and Cindy ended up taking the girls to see "Wall-E" last evening. So at least I got to have an early night. Today we invited some friends over for a playdate after their piano lessons this afternoon. The ground is too soggy for polo, so it looks like I'll be getting home to have supper with Jake again tonight. Grilled veggies and the last bit of the Taco Bake!

I have just enough time this morning to go to Curves before I head off to spend the day with my girls.

What's your day looking like today?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Please observe a moment of silence with me as the Hyper Pypers have just left for the day. They are off to Montreal and won't be back until this evening after dinner. I am looking forward to a day with no chaos in my house and no cooking! The weather has really affected their vacation as the rain has kept them off the Lake. Their very expensive boat is still in my lane and they are hoping for some better weather when they come back.

Having four noisy and untidy people in my house has made me realize how much I enjoy my solo existence! There are always at least two people talking, somebody drinking milk and eating something and the dogs jockeying for the crumbs. Because if the rain, we've not been on the deck much and cooking has been inside instead of on the BBQ. Breakfast has been a pound of bacon, a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread and I think we've gone through several gallons of milk and five dozen cookies. These people can eat!

Anyhow, today will be a bit quieter although I will be at the Fair for nine to assist in Homecraft judging. I plan to be outta there by noon as I have an appointment for a haircut in Brockville. Now that I'm no longer the Treasurer, the Fair can run without me.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be more of the same but the teens will probably be at the Fair a lot. I have a few duties over there - pet show judging and a couple of beer tent shifts - but am working in some naps and quiet times too.

I hope your Thursday is peaceful - I plan to enjoy mine.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #3  

Enjoy your few moments of solitude, Ruth! It's a shame that the rain has been putting a damper on their vacation plans and the Fair. I sure hope it dries out for the rest of their visit with you!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:13 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Good morning ladies! It's been raining for a week now with just peeks of sun here and there. I have managed to walk the dog between drops only once, she's beginning to go stir crazy. Throwing the toy down our small hall gets old quick for her.

Yesterday we had thunder like I've NEVER heard it before! I swear it rolled for a good solid five minutes! It was awesome. And night before last we had such a BANG of thunder that it woke me out of a sound sleep! I came out to find my son had snuck in the house sometime around 2 am (which is not allowed). It was hailing around 3:30 am... Joe and I sat up talking for a few minutes before trying to go back to sleep. (I was warned they always come back!)

I was hoping to hear back from one of the six companies I've interviewed for, so far nothing. But good news is that the two I want to work for I understand have not yet made a decision as to who they are going to hire. In the meantime I'm plugging away at the chores while I'm home! It feels good to get up to a clean house! Now that it's just me, it's so much easier to keep this place straightened. My son thinks it'll get back to normal when I start back to work, I'm determined to keep it clean!

Anyway, Ruth, I know what you mean about company! Always nice to see you, always nice to have our solitude back when they are gone! I have friends like that, I swear they are by far the loudest family in the country! When they talk it's at volume so high, and always talking over one another. But I've known them since I was 2 1/2 yrs old, so it's like family!

Anyway, Peace to you all, My coffee is done brewing, going to enjoy a little Gurnall!!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

Cottage: Sounds like a busy but fun day!

Ruth: Enjoy your solitude. I always look forward to quiet times.

I posted this on Wednesday's chat late yesterday and I'm crossposting here: Well, once again wheat sensitivity has reared its ugly head. Yesterday I had a whole wheat tortilla with my lunch (first wheat item in 2 weeks) and after that, I started to get huge carb cravings. I ate too much Wednesday, and I believe it was due to the whole wheat. I have had problems with white flour causing indigestion. Although I am not gluten intolerant, I have to be careful with whole wheat, too.

When I did SBD the last time, I didn't realize that whole wheat might be a trigger food. Now that I've joined this forum, I've learned a lot. I appreciate this forurm, and I'm very glad that you discuss the craving/trigger issue here so that I may be reminded of it and understand why this has happened.

I think I'll just try very hard to limit my grain products to oatmeal, sprouted grain english muffins-which never bother me even though they have sprouted wheat, and brown rice until I reach P3.

Anyone else have this problem with wheat?

Well, today I'm having lunch with a friend at a Middle Eastern Restaurant, yum! I checked out the menu beforehand, so I already know they have SBD friendly items. After that, I'll work on my book. My puppy is becoming a finicky eater, so I think that it is time for me to visit my holistic vet and ask her to create some home-cooked recipes for the little puppy princess. Can't say I blame the dog, I wouldn't want to eat canned food every day of my life!!

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Another rainy day here too. It's starting to drive me crazy, partly because I'm not getting enough exercise.

Cottage - Have a good indoor day!

Ruth - Have a lovely, quiet day

LoriAnn - Hope you hear positive things from one of the places you are interested in. The job market stinks right now so 6 interviews is fabulous.

Belle Mer - No experience with wheat sensitivity so I can't help. Sounds like you will figure it out though from trial and error. I hate when the cravings come back. Enjoy the Middle Eastern restaurant. Yum

I've got a 2.5 hour meeting this morning. I decided to do the conference call version because I'm just not up to 5 hours of driving this month. I also have another meeting I'd like to be at this afternoon.

I made really yummy zucchini chips yesterday. I finally bought a mandolin so the chips are all uniform which made a big difference! It also made a bit of a difference to my thumb (oops).

I'm going to do a couple of days of P1. I've been a bit "unfocused" the last few days and need to get back on track. I'm hoping that if I keep a handle on my eating for a couple of days I can add blueberries back in this weekend. I'm buying a flat tomorrow afternoon so hope the plan works!

Have a good day all
Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #7  

Know what's really good? Oatmeal with a fresh peach cut up into it and drizzled with SF caramel syrup!

I was complimenting a girl I hadn't seen for a long time at Curves this morning, she lost a lot of weight and looks fabulous. Well, I was bemoaning the fact that I've been at this same weight for 2 years now and just can't seem to reach my goal, and she said "yes, but doesn't it feel good that you've been able to maintain it and not gain back any weight?" Words of wisdom.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Ruth- hang in there and I hope the weather gets better

Cottage- Have a good day today

Lori- Hope you hear soon from one of the companies you want to work for

BelleMar- That is great that you figured out a one of the triggers for you. I am going to have to go to phase 1 again because my eating is getting out of control and have been sneaking in nonplan foods. I am starting to write a log of foods eaten again to stay on track as well.

CyndiM- Hope you get your exercise in soon

Yesterday took DD2 to Hospital for yearly checkup for gallstones and she good a good checkup no stones- lining is still a little thick but we are good for another year not having to remove. DD1 turned 15 yesterday and got her driving permit. Yikes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Rushing this morning. Have to call about a lead on a possible teaching job, then have to bring my Mother In Law over to the gulf coast. No time for personals, but wishing you all a great/dry day. Took Mother in Law to New Orleans yesterday and it was a soggy, but great day. There was a big diesel oil spill (over 4 hundred thousand gallons) in the Mississippi River yesterday. The smell in the French Quarter was unreal. ick. River is shut down for a couple of days while the clean up continues. The news says it will take weeks.

Belle, I have problems with ALL grains..UNLESS I eat them in small amounts along with larger amounts of protein and veggies. If I just ate a piece of bread without protein and veggies, I'd go nuts with cravings within a few minutes. I can't eat stuff like oatmeal in the morning..but I can eat a turkey sandwich loaded with spinich. Trial and error to find out that one!! I guess what I figured out that I can eat 1/4 grains as long as it's with 3/4 protein/vegges. Sounds weird, but it works for me. If I ate oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, I'd be hitting the candy machine!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-24-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies.

Interesting night last night. Put Little Guy to bed around 7:30 (he was exhausted from his first day at school) and we were watching a movie when he came out at 10:00 crying. He'd fallen out of his bed, first time ever, and caught his face on the corner of the nightstand on the way down. He's got a deep laceration by his ear (any deeper and he would've needed a stitch) and a scrape by his mouth. Poor kid. Now he looks all beat up for his second day of school. He was so upset last night. Seems to have forgotten about it this morning but I haven't reminded him of it yet to take a look....

Otherwise, weight still holding steady. Almost time to go to work and then teach piano afterward. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #11  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Femme Creole,
Yes, I can't eat fruit with grains, I know that much. Oatmeal with yogurt doesn't bother me. I had the ww tortilla with leftover chili yesterday. Perhaps it was the combo of the beans and the wheat, I don't know. Anyway, thanks for the info. The tortillas have been banished to the freezer to await P3.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #12  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!! Happy Thursday
(Can you believe how fast this week has been!)

Cottage - Your oatmeal sounds wonderful. What did you think of the movie? Were the girls interested the whole time? Just curious because I've heard that some kids didn't really like it.

Ruth - So glad to hear that you're getting some peace and quiet today. And I feel your pain. My family is VERY loud and always on the go. When we go over for holidays and such, it's almost always a welcome to climb into the car and go home. Have fun at the fair!

Loriann - Sorry that you haven't heard from anyone yet....I'm sure something is right around the corner. Good luck!!!

Belle Mer - Be sure to eat lots of hummus and tabouleh for me....I LOVE the stuff!

Cyndi - Did you cut yourself because you didn't use the finger guard? The first month dh and I were married I really ripped up my thumb. Went to the emergency room and everything. No stitches, but it was a mess. But now I LOVE my mandolin. Enjoy those chips!

Pearlrose - Glad to hear all is well with DD!

Cat - Good luck on the teaching lead. Are you looking for a new job this school year? Looks like you had a great time yesterday! Thanks, as always, for sharing your pics with us.

Weezle - Be sure you let the Little One's teacher know what happened to him when you take him to school today. When I was little I was sleep walking and hit my face on the corner of the bed frame. My mom said that where ever we went she got dirty looks because it appeared that I had gotten beat up. She felt terrible!

Me - Yesterday, as expected was super quiet. And today I think is going to be a repeat. I spent the majority of the day working on our revised staff and Student/Parent handbook. Good times!!! I got packages last night for the shower gift on Saturday, so I'll probably get to wrapping tonight.

Have a fantastic Thursday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/233/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hello, everyone - this is my first 'daily chat!' I am totally procrastinating from packing for the camping trip, just because I always procrastinate when it comes to packing. I think I get my best house cleaning done when I'm supposed to be getting ready for a trip!

Cottage - I think you and I are sort of neighbors. I live between Trenton and Princeton, NJ. My bf lives in Norristown, so I spend a fair amount of time on the PA turnpike! Haven't those been some awesome storms the past two nights?

Ruth - My two sons just went to their dad's house yesterday evening after being with me for two weeks straight, and I experienced a similar sudden awareness of...quiet! (And not being asked to fix someone something to eat/drink every few minutes!)

Loriann - Good luck with the job hunt!

Belle - Way to go checking out the restaurant ahead! Sorry I have nothing to offer about your wheat question - just starting phase 2 today. But I can tell you I had a sudden craving for bread when I walked through that aisle of the store yesterday (I was looking for the tortillas.) It was weird - I'm not even a big bread eater, but that smell - wow. I headed out of there fast!

Cyndi - Good luck tomorrow with the flat!

Pearlrose - Glad to hear DD2 doesn't have stones. I had to have my gallbladder out, and before that the stone attacks were pretty bad.

Femmecreole - Good luck with the teaching job. What do you teach? The oil spill stuff sounds nasty - yuck! Do you live near the river and have to smell it?

Weezle - Poor little guy! I have a son starting kindergarten, so he's probably close in age. Hope your son heals soon!

Well, time's up, I should take a shower and start packing. Thanks for being a welcoming bunch of ladies - I look forward to spending more time here as I continue on this SB journey!

Last edited by erikalea; 07-24-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

ok, just a quick update and then back to job searches. The two companies hired another candidate. Sigh. OH well, I know the right one is out there, somewhere!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls.

It sounds like you all are having a great start to the day so far! Cottage - You've already been to Curves....now that is an early start!

A pretty quiet day around here. DS seems to be getting back into the swing of things. It is so much nicer to have my sweet little boy back

Cat - thanks for the heads up on the oil spill....DH and I had considered coming down to NO this weekend, but I think now we will save that for another day.

We went to get frozen yogurt last night (the raspberry sorbet was to die for). DS had their rainbow flavor which we thought was different flavors, but ended up being vanilla with a ton of food coloring. He was blue from head to toe when we left Now, I have to figure out how to get those stains out of his clothes.

I'll check back later Have a great day!
Closed Thread