Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307.2/278/150

Height: 5'4"

Default How to Play the Diabetes Diet Game and Win

I ran across this site and was wondering if anyone has any information on whether or not this is worth getting? I tried doing some searching online for reviews and such but could really only find this same article in each of the posts I saw, so didn't really feel like anyone had an unbiased opinion. I am leary about these sorts of things cause often they don't really tell you a whole lot. I don't really like that what you get are all digital downloads, I'd much rather have a hardcopy I could take with me. I know I could print it out, but it's just not the same. Anyways, if anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's just one of the site's I found this information.

yourdiabetescure.com
rdy4chng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Sorry - I never heard of it. I'm not diabetic, but DH is type 1 (30 years). good luck!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry to tell you this . . .

A diagnosis of pre-diabetes (insulin resistance) can often be reversed if caught early enough, but . . .

Type II Diabetes is an incurable dsease and it is also a progressive disease (that means that it does get worse with time). Once you have full-fledged diabetes all you can do is control it in order to avoid some of the terrible side effects.

Some can control Type II Diabetes with diet and exercise alone; some require oral medications to assist in that control; still others require insulin injections as well.

By far the most important thing you can do to get control of your diabetes is to lose your excess weight -- and that is not an easy task since the disease itself, and most of the medications available to treat it, tend to make gaining weight even easier. It can be done, though.

Gastric Bypass surgery has recently been shown to completely reverse the signs of Diabetes within a very short time. This is above and beyond the normal Blood sugar levelling impact shown by weight loss alone. You might want to discuss this option with your Doctor as well.

I would definitely say save your money, my dear . . . there simply is no magical way to overcome this disease.

There are lots of very reputable books on diabetes available through your local bookseller and/or Amazon and I do suggest that you do as much reading and learning about your disease as you possibly can.

Last edited by meowee; 07-23-2008 at 05:15 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #4  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
How to Play the Diabetes Diet Game and Win
Not trying to be a mean, but diabetes diet/diagnosis is not a game, even if this site/book title has other meanings, I'm totally turned off by even that small glimpse into the developer/author attempts to grab your attention... I've been diabetic for 10+ years, I played the 'games', and lost !! I now have some pretty serious complications I cannot reverse.. please use caution...

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 07-23-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307.2/278/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for your responses. I kind of had the same feeling when I saw this and wanted to I guess get a confirmation with my gut.

Thanks again!
rdy4chng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #6  

My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes type 2. I found the same web site and did some research of my own. I did find out about a sugar substitue like she was describing that actually claims to help stabilize blood sugar levels, it helps prevent tooth decay and does not absorb into the blood like regular sugar does. It is called Xylitol. Search it on the web for yourself. I found this product in a substitute sweetener called Ideal sold at Food Lion in NC. It really does taste and feel exactly like sugar. Not like Splenda claims to. It really does. That was the first problem we ran into. My husband gets sick when he uses the other substitute sugars. Since we started using this product my husband's sugar has been any where from 80-100 points lower than before. I have not read the book, but this little bit of information has helped us. I have not started baking with it yet, but I plan to. I plan to read the book. It may not cure diabetes, but we can use all the help we can get.
brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote