Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Ez Keeps It Up All Year!

I am very proud of myself today

One year ago, today, I jumped on the and saw the numbers 201...I was shocked! I had never in my life weighed over 200 pounds. It was right then and there that I promised myself to do something about it and stick with it for a year. I have done that

Now, this weight didn't sneak up on me And I wasn't in denial about it ...I just didn't want to do anything about it....just kept hoping it would magically disappear I was aware that getting it to go bye-bye was going to take effort. I was becoming LAY-ZMONEY

At some point early in this adventure I decided to cal it my "journey of better choices."My story is not anything special. I have been here at 3FC for a long time and have seen many of you overcome tremendous obstacles to achieve your weight loss . I have read your stories of personal demons that have attributed to some of your weight gains. I have prayed with and for many of you. My story is nothing like that but I want to share it with you because I know there are times when many of us give up too soon. I have been guilty of that And that is why I am proud of myself today.

For me, and only speaking for me, any kind of diet was not going to be something I would stick with.....what if I couldn't have or ...not an option I thought about calorie counting, and although I think it might be best for me, I was sure I wouldn't follow through with it....it might take too much effort....I'm not that good at math ....it would take too long....again, LAY-ZMONEY rears it's ugly head!

However, I did have an idea. I figured out that I could live on less After all I have been living on less already. My son and daughter ran off and got married, my step-daughter took off for college and knucklehead nephew went and enlisted in the NAVY so there were less kids runnin' around the house. Angie had entered pre-menopause so there were other things I was getting less of

HERE IS WHAT I DID THAT WORKED FOR ME ~

BREAKFAST BEFORE JOURNEY ~ Nothing! Some mornings I leave at 3am so no time!

NOW ~I don't care what time I leave, I eat a healthy breakfast. Sometimes oatmeal ~ or cold cereal ~ or whole wheat toast and turkey bacon...I mix it up.

LUNCH BEFORE ~Anything leftover from dinner...pizza ~ sandwiches of ham and cheese ~ bags of potato chips ~ when I was home I had nachos with tons of ~ those wrapped pastry things ~ easy to eat granola bars

NOW ~Almost every single day I have a thermos of low sodium - low calorie chicken noodle soup, when I get tired of it...not often...I switch it up by making my own chili. I am not sure of the calories in my chili but I really don't care and I almost always have a nice turkey sandwich, with meat from the deli...without all the nitrates (thank-you Vegan and Veggie Chicks for that one! ) on whole wheat bread. NO CHIPS! or anything wrapped in plastic! And usually a yogurt.

SNACKS BEFORE ~ANYTHING I could grab! Calories were not ever considered! Many times we start at 6am or earlier.... we eat at 10am and that's it for food until I get home from work. I would hit the door starving around 3pm...grab a beer and a BIG bag of chips.

NOW ~ carrots ~ olives ~ low-cal wheat and rice crackers are mine all mine

DINNER BEFORE ~ To be honest Angie and I have reasonably healthy food for dinner...my issue has always been portion control! Heck, only 1 burger left...I'LL EAT IT!....half a casserole...I'LL EAT IT!....half a pizza ...I'LL EAT IT!

NOW ~ I place a reasonable amount of food on my plate....when I finish that I ruuuuuuuuunnnnnn from the table! I have figured out that if I start feeling like I am going to starve to death, I will have enough energy to make it to the fridge!

AFTER DINNER SNACK BEFORE ~Klondike bars ~ chips and dip and chips and dip and chips and dip ~

NOW ~I actually count out a serving size of wheat or rice crackers.

Now, you all know that I am not perfect and I might...OK...I will cheat from time to time. I have had nachos ~ I have had a big bowl or two of un-buttered popcorn ~ I have had

I just don't eat an entire pizza anymore ~ I don't go to fast food places except on a very rare occasion, before my "journey" fast food was, often times, my first choice on the week-end for lunch.

DINNER OUT BEFORE ~No problem getting an extra taco to go with that cheese enchilada plate or getting a pizza to go to bring home for the week-end lunches AFTER eating an entire Italian meal with appetizer of bruschetta and maybe sharing a cannoli with Angie.

DINNER OUT NOW ~NEVER bring a pizza home! I don't order that extra taco and Angie and I do date night now a little different with FRIDAY NIGHT SPLITS...where we get one meal and split it, sometimes we add a salad or a bowl of soup but we have found that we can eat just fine on one meal!

EXERCISE BEFORE ~ Hit and miss I have been walking and doing 5K's ever since I quit smoking 11 years ago. I would however, go for long stretches and be LAY-ZMONEY

NOW ~ Since I started this "journey" I have walked/jogged 984 miles on the treadmill or dog walks which gives me about 250 hours of exercise! My dogs are very happy ...and healthy!

I realize I have missed 500 JUDY'S because I wasn't at home sitting in my recliner...but I can live with that..not easy mind you but it is do-able

WEIGH-IN ~I find, for me, that I can stay focused much better by weighing every single day. If I am up a pound or two I feel I have the power and the strength to beat down 1 measley pound at a time!

FOCUS ~I think about EVERY SINGLE MEAL and SNACK ~ If I do something un-healthy, I do it willingly...and I prepare myself to the consequences! If I decide to eat half a pizza I know I will need to do a few extra miles...and I DO IT! ....hey...what a slogan..."just do it"...

SUPPORT AT HOME BEFORE ~My family has always supportive of me no matter what I weigh. Through this "journey" they have encouraged and praised me My WIFE has always set the example in our home for good health. She does this by example with her cooking ~ her yoga and her exercise

Other than an occasional "Who's your little friend?" when I step out of the shower, she never says a word to me about my weight. She knows that I know what to do about it or anything else un-healthy that I might be doing to my body.

SUPPORT NOW ~See above...I am a LUCKY MAN

another reason I am a very LUCKY GUY ~ is because of all of you!

I cannot thank you ENOUGH for the support you have given me this year I would love to thank-you all personally but it would take up the entire page!!

I thank my Lord and Savior everyday for His gift to me and His gift of all of you

So there is my story! As I said nothing special about it but it's "my journey" and I'm stickin' to it!

Oh and by the weigh I lost 31 pounds on this journey! I weighed in at 170 pounds today! That is quite a bonus....for me, it's not about the weight...it is about the journey!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-02-2010 at 09:53 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Way to go, Sweets!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Great Job Gary!! I'm so proud of you!! You have definetly been an inspiration and a motivator for so many of us!! Enjoy your day!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

THANK-YOU

However you didn't get to read my whole story!! I accidently sent it before I was finished!! And didn't know how to stop...

more to read...sorry it is so long everyone!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #6  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Gary, you look awesome and your exercise mileage is simply outstanding!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Uncle Gary, you are the BEST!!! Many congratulations from me!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #8  
No description available.

Woot!! Congrats! You offer such support to so many! I'm glad you're here with all of us chicks. I'm proud of you!!!!

~BABY CATCHER
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #9  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

congrats!!! reading your stories are fun Gary.. lol thanks. and way to go!

Last edited by valpal23; 07-23-2008 at 03:06 PM.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #10  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

You have a right to be proud of yourself! Way to go, Gary!! Keep the posts coming!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160.4/146.4/135

Height: 5'8.5

Wow! You look great.

Thanks for sharing your story!
Glasgal09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #13  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Woooooooooo!!! Yaaaaaaaaay Garrrrrryyyyy!!!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #14  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

AWESOME post! Congratulations on your loss, and mostly on the wisdom you gained over the year. You are such an inspiration - even getting me to do my first 5K

Blessings Gary - and I look forward to maintenance with you
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #15  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
THANK-YOU

However you didn't get to read my whole story!! I accidently sent it before I was finished!! And didn't know how to stop...

more to read...sorry it is so long everyone!
Congratulations on a remarkable journey...

You said there was there more to read Gary... I don't see it
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote