Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Weighty Issue: Jumpin' July

to the JULY edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. Summer is here and the sun is shining .... at least where I live . Now we find ourselves 7 months into the year. Do you need to get your motivation back? or are you on a fantastic downward curve? Let's lose those extra pounds and get back into our skinny jeans, or maybe into a fabulous new wedding gown??? Maybe things aren't so easy, but we have each other to lean on, so let's get going and lose the fat.

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say , need a friend or just a shoulder to cry on , just jump right in and stay awhile . We'll be glad to have ya.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #2  

OK Everyone... I thought I would start the new July Thread... I hope everyone is doing fantastic!!!! Happy JULY!!!

Looks like we are planning a trip to Colorado in September to go to Breckenridge for Octoberfest! One of our friend's sister lives there and she is in PR for the ski resort there... so she is gonna give us the nickel tour! It should be fun.. but I want to lose a little weight before we go... since we will be walking EVERYWHERE!

This month I will be turning 41 too!!! OUCH!

Alan and are are FINALLY starting to settle into married life. We have spent the last week packing up, moving around, reorganizing our kitchen. We have so much stuff .. and my old stuff was taking up so much room.... it's finally getting better. We still have to tackle the fridge and the pantry and the spices.. but I think the rest of the stuff is done!

Girls are doing well... enjoying their summer I guess. Our fourth of July plans are just to go downtown and spend the day at the gardens, and at Bricktown, having dinner and then watching the firework display. It should be a nice day. I am just ready to be OFF!!

OK.. its almost lunch time now.. so I need to get off here. I hope everyone is having a good summer!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:50 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, I've missed you all... my personal life is majorly difficult for me right now, it almost feels surreal --like this is my life?!??? How did I/we get to this point? BUT I am seeing a professional and hope to get my life back on track. Rick and I are trying to make it work but I feel like I'm so dying inside... *sigh* I've decided to concentrate on ME first so I can take care of Michael. wish me luck guys, I need it. Sorry to be such a bummer... the good thing is I've kept the weight off so far! I can feel myself slipping into some new digits soon.

Cherie, you are awesome for keeping this thread going Your 4th weekend sounds nice and relaxing, as does your October trip! Don't sweat the age thing, you are beautiful and have a wonderful new family adventure in front of you.

Hi Karen... still traveling?

Carol, be safe on your trip and give Angie a hug for me.

I've got to run, it's been a really long day. Luv ya girls.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 07-03-2008 at 03:51 AM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #4  

Hey everyone.. the holiday weekend is over.. and today I am getting back on track. I am going to have to go readjust my ticker.. cause I only wish that I were 159.00 Sad to say I am not. Since the wedding, I have gained TEN pounds!!!! so I am at 169.40 right now. I decided not to go too crazy... I am going to aim for 5 pounds a month.. and over the next year, get 40 to 50 pounds off. Really, if I can just aim for 1 pound a week, I'll be happy.

My 4th was nice. We cleaned most of Friday.... but went to the river downtown to watch fireworks. It was a really nice show and not a lot of traffic getting home.

Saturday.... we were lazy most of the day, but had some family over for dinner.

Sunday... we spent the day watching the Wimbledon Men's single finals... (if you didn't see that, you missed the best match ever I think.. it was awesome!) then went swimming at a friend's house.. and finally home to watch the F1 Race.... so... nothing too productive this weekend, but it was nice to relax!

Noelle... I am keeping you in my thoughts. I hope things get better for you and for your family. I understand needing to take the time out to work things out. But we are here if you need ANYTHING! Please check in from time to time and let us know how you are doing. We have been missing you!

OK everyone else... we have about a month before school starts back... so I am going to really work on working out!!! My trip is booked for September... and I want to feel a little better cardio wise so that I can spend the weekend walking!

I'll check back soon!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everybody! We got back home this past Monday and it was good to get home. Although I've been busy trying to get the 5th wheel all cleaned up and also keep the house ready to show! We did have an offer on the house but it was way low--- we countered it and they countered ours and we still didn't like it. So we rejected it. They have been here several times to look at it and I know they must like it or they wouldn't have gone this far. But we just couldn't do the offer they wanted. We also had people look at it on the 4th and they were here for over an hour, and also took a packet the realtor leaves for you to fill out if you are interested and want to make an offer. So we may hear from them or the other people may come back with a new offer.

It sounds like everyone is buys. I put on 3 pounds while I was gone this month so am busy trying to get back on trackand get that off.

Cherie, I've never been to the Octoberfest. I imagine that is a lot of fun. Hopefully we will moved by then.

Noelle, I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Someone told me a long time ago that if you can't makeyourself number 1 than you can't take care of anyone else. I know that isn't always easy to do and I fall short on that a lot! You can always know that you can talk to me anytime.

Well, here are a few pictures from the family reunion. The first one is me holding a baby skunk! The mother was ran off by workers and they were goingto fill the hole with 4 baby skunks in it. The lady who was working the registration shack at the rv park took them in. They had just opened their eyes the day before. Too Cute! The second one is Tim & I at my cousins in Oklahoma, she hosted the reunion. And the last one is of course us and Ginger & Sissy at the reunion! I have a whole lot of pics on myspace if you would like to see let me know and I will send you an invite.

Hope everyone has a good day! Better get busy here. Take care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1824.jpg (34.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1927.jpg (38.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0729.jpg (34.3 KB, 6 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #6  

We're Baaaaack!!

Just got back last night...about 2 hours before a major storm hit our area.

We had a great time; I'll post some pics soon.

Noelle: You are in my prayers. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see Angie. I called when we were in the area, but she wasn't home, and we had to keep going up to Bar Harbor.

I'll chat more later and give more details about the trip.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #7  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hello My girlz...

Okay, So I got a post card from CAL (thank you Cal) and I realized I been away far too long but that's what happens when your family is in crisis... More on that Later but first...

Noelle- You are the most dedicated woman I know. Not many women have the level of commitment that you have and that's what marriage is all about. Working extra hard when times get rough. The tricky part is knowing when enough is enough but I really hope you guys can work through your problems
and good for you for keeping your weight off! I am so proud of you

Cal- I can't wait to see the pics. Thank you for always keeping in touch even when I don't do such a good job.

Cherie- What's good!? Still got your pics on my fridge.

Karen- Your doggies are too cute. Nice to see you doing well and bubbly as ever. Nice pics.

Okay, so all the negativity surrounding death came about in the family. I don't want to get too deep into it but basically I took on the attitude of doing my best to be happy because we do not have long here. And while we're here we need to do what makes us happy and forget all the bull****. My boyfriend is helping me with my weight loss which is going very well if I do say so myself. I should reach my goal by september. I love you guys so much and I want to keep you guys as close as possible.

What up Angie- Miss u!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:44 AM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

OOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY, since my gurl Dips popped in I can't justify stopping by to say Hello . Wow! It's been a long time! Good to hear from you and glad to hear you are keeping that positive attitude. You are so right when you say it is a up to US to stay positive, amen sister! You must a lean, mean fighting machine by now. Go get that goal.

Life is getting a little better, I think it's mostly because of the meds I'm on (thank you!), I'm not ashamed to admit it either. It's helping me tremendously just to cope and not feel so emotional. I'm just taking one day at a time and dealing ya know? I'm still keeping a keen eye on Mikey though, he acts as if everything is hunky-dory but I can see that he is affected by all this drama. I may ask his pediatrician for a referral to a counselor just to make sure.

Cal, thanks for the postcard I do keep in touch w/Angie on myspace, and I think I saw Karen on her page too How did Ashley like the trip? I would love to see some pics as well. I'll be homebound for at least another 7 mos until I earn my vacation time anyway. When does school start up for you again?

Karen, loved the reunion and vacation pics. Skunks? I dunno if I would be so welcoming even if they were cute and little I've never seen a real one before though... you will have those 3 lbs off in no time I just know it. I am in so proud of you for how far you've come--we all know it isn't easy.

Cherie, how are you doing? Hey, did we see pics from the wedding???

OMG, Kempy had her baby girl, she is so adorable!

Angie, if you're out there, you better stop by and say hello

Gotta run and grab a shower. Love ya ladies!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #9  
No Limit Souljah!!

WTF!!! Kempy had a baby?! WHAAAAAT! Wow I really missed a lot in ayear huh. Oh my goodness I am so happy for her I'm beside myself.

Noelle, Skunks are cute in person but I freak out whenever I see one anyway. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Medically induced happines never hurt nobody

I worked out for 2 hours yesterday and I'm heading right back to the gym tomorrow. Kinda got a Labor day goal going on. TTYL
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #10  

Hello Everyone!!! WOW!!!! Good to hear from you Dips!!! Don't stay away so long!!!!

I just have a quick minute here before I need to get back to the laundry but wanted to share this video with you. I was cleaning yesterday and Ginger got up on the ab lounge and decided to "work out" So I jsut couldn't resist--- grabbed the camera and this is the results:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5NTWxDQ_o

Hope you enjoy it! And have a great day!!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Monday...had a great weekend, Rick and I seem to be patching things up but I will take it slowly. Just wanted to say hello and share a pic of me and my boy at my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MIKE AND MOM JULY 11 2008 5X7.jpg (36.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #12  

Great Picture Noelle. I'll say a prayer that everything works out for you just the way you want it. Stay in touch.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #13  

Hey Everyone,

I have only one more week before I go back to school; teachers return on July 30, and the kids return on August 4. I can never understand why we don't go later into June and start school later in the summer. August and September are the hottest months here.

I tried to post a couple of pictures from our trip, but it didn't work. I'll put some on the photobucket site, then give the link.

Karen: I watched the video of Ginger on the ab lounger. It was the cutest thing!! Thanks for sharing.

Cal

Last edited by calnative; 07-23-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #14  

I got some pictures up on photobucket. Here's the link; I hope it works.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Canada%202008/

Cal
Old 07-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #15  

Hello Cal, Just went and looked at your pictures---Looks like you really had a good time. One of these days I may have pictures of something other than Kansas!!! LOL!!! Tim's brother lives in Danvers, Mass and right after we were married in 1970 we moved to a little town called Peabody, which is just north of Boston. Maybe someday we will get back there again for a visit.
These were great pictures. Enjoyed them very much.

Have a Great day!