Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Zucchinni

We have lots of zucchini & all my friends, neighbors lock their car doors so I can't unload on them.
I'm looking for your favorite way to prepare them as a side dish or vegetable. I belong to allrecipe.com plus some other recipe sites but nothing beats your personal favorites. I'm not looking for anything sweet, we're not bread, dessert types. Please post your favorites, Thanks!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

One of my favorites, is to slice it long ways almost like fries. I put a little bit of balsamic vinegar and parsley patch seasoning. I bake it at 400 for 15 minutes. It's really good.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #3  

I am at work right now and don't have any with me here, but if you click to the main Sonoma recipe page, then on the right side is a button that says Search this forum. If you enter Zucchini in that box, 22 recipes will pop up.. so that's a start. Several of my favorites are already posted there because, well I posted them.

I'd take some of it of your hands if you were here!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #4  
Bobbi

Thanks girls..........I love balsamic vinegar but don't have a clue what Parsley patch is. We have a huge vegetable garden with all kinds of fresh herbs growing in it also. Would snipping a few fresh parsley do?
Linda T......You're a girl after my own heart. I love the allrecipe site, I use it just about every day. I also alter the recipes to make them diet friendly. I forget about the "search forum", I'll check that out later tonight in the 3FF. The first recipe I found on your blog was Kettle corn, I love it. Did you try cutting back on the oil and subbing Splenda? I don't know how well Splenda would hold up in a hot pan, maybe sprinkling it on just before it's finished popping. I'm going to try it tomorrow.
Thanks girls!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Linda T......You're a girl after my own heart. I love the allrecipe site, I use it just about every day. I also alter the recipes to make them diet friendly. I forget about the "search forum", I'll check that out later tonight in the 3FF. The first recipe I found on your blog was Kettle corn, I love it. Did you try cutting back on the oil and subbing Splenda? I don't know how well Splenda would hold up in a hot pan, maybe sprinkling it on just before it's finished popping. I'm going to try it tomorrow.
Thanks girls!

Egads.. guess I had better be careful about the recipes I review, huh? I did try it with splenda and I also reduced the oil to about half. It wasn't nearly as good. The Splenda took on sort of an odd taste.. not caramely like sugar. I don't plan on trying it any time again soon, well because it really is a once in a great while treat. I will try part splenda and part sugar next time, .. maybe some time this fall and I'll cut back the oil by 1/4 to a 1/3 insteead of 1/2.

Yes I am a major allrecipes junkie... sigh. I think I make a new recipe every week, if not two. I have hundreds of recipes save " just in case I ever need them" Not stuff I'll ever make for me, but for others.. not idea just when those times will be but I keep doing it. I guess its cheaper than buying cookbooks, huh?

Anyway,,another a really excellent recipe for using the zucchini is the allrecipes no cream pasta primavera.. with more veggies of course. I made that for dinner this week
Old 07-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #6  
Bobbi

I've been toying with the thought of becoming a recipe reviewer on Allricipes for the last couple of years. I cook everything from scratch, love to cook and so does my DH. But I don't know how involved you have to be, do they ask you to try certain recipes or do you just cook and review the ones you want to?
Quote:
Egads.. guess I had better be careful about the recipes I review, huh?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I've been toying with the thought of becoming a recipe reviewer on Allricipes for the last couple of years. I cook everything from scratch, love to cook and so does my DH. But I don't know how involved you have to be, do they ask you to try certain recipes or do you just cook and review the ones you want to?
Anyone can add reviews to Allrecipes if they are a member. it's part of your membership...that's a non paying membership!! You aren't asked to review anything ever. I just do it mostly to share my experiences with others as well as make a note to myself what worked and what didn't for next time I make things. I think there ALWAYS are ways to improve a recipe.. even my own so I do that constantly.