Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of July 21 -27

Looking for a place for accountability....a place to put your daily menu or plans. Join us here for that and support too.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi Beverlyjoy! thanks for the kind welcome!

b: 1/2 whole grain bagel
egg white + whole egg
sl cheese, orange
coffee
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #3  

Hi Chicks - yesterday went well. With a few twists and turns I still managed to stay on my plan. I got on the scale and it stayed the same. It's disappointing - but, I will carry on. Actually, the past few weeks have been a roller coaster of days on plan and days off plan (when we had company). I thought a week on plan would surely show a loss - but, still being at 196 ( and under 200pounds) feels good. I will work hard to get that scale to move and have sanity with food.

For today:

stretches
lots of water
log food
meditate
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, peanut butter, applesauce
lunch - refried beans with lite cheese & salsa on a wrap, steamed brocolli
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - chicken, brown rice, green beans & mushrooms
snack - oatmeal, raisins, milk

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-21-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Darkblue--Welcome back! Good for you for getting back on plan!!

Nora--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for starting us off!

Math puppy--How are you doing?

Well, the scale stayed the same this week and that's ok....maintaining is better than a gain! I know I have to get back into my groove w/ exercise and consistent good food choices. Next week I want to see a loss!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #5  

Hi again...

DarkBlue - Hi...It's a new week, friend. You CAN do this...post, post, post!

Mj- Glad you had fun at the wedding. Yes, maintaining can be good too. How about, next week a loss for us both!

Hi Nora!

Shout out to Rhonda, Schmoodle, MathPuppy - anyone who checks here and and anyone I might have forgotten.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-21-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Nora!
Blue - You can do this!

Beverly and MJ, I'm in the same boat with you. After another perfect on-plan week and weekend, my scales stayed exactly the same as last week's weigh-in. I must confess to feeling extremely discouraged. I thought I would see a little something at least. Today, I have a spreadsheet opened and I'm back to calorie counting again. Also, I must limit myself to 2 fruits a day and 2whole grains. And, the treadmill is my new BFF as of today!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #7  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I spent the weekend off plan after being on plan all week. (Out celebrating with a friend) So only lost 1 pound this week. It was still a good feeling.

Lots of calorie counting this week, extra water, and walking.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #8  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--Losses for us both next week sounds good to me!

Rhonda--Oh, I hate it when the scale doesn't cooperate, but hang in there, it will! How did it go on the treadmill?

sprklemajik--A loss is a loss in my book!

I started to hit that "oh, I won't go to the gym today" late afternoon slump....that's my danger zone. So I came here for some inspiration. I AM going to the gym!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Good morning, all! I had a pretty good day yesterday, not perfect but pretty good. I cleaned my house and that always makes me feel calmer which always makes it easier to stay out of the fridge. I'm not sure how that connection works but it works for me.

Beverlyjoy, I'm so impressed by your weight loss. 75 pounds is such a huge accomplishment. Nicely done and way to go!
MJ, your body must be getting ready to do a big *whoosh*. Just hang in there, kiddo.
Hi Rhonda. I'll be listening for the sound of your whoosh, too. Please don't be discouraged, you're doing what you need to and it'll happen.
I like your plan, sprklmajik! Losing a pound even though you were offplan all weekend is still a marvellous thing!!
Have a great day, ladies.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #10  

Hi Chickies! Yesterday I stayed on my plan - I am grateful.

Today will be a busy day. Working in the morning and then driving to a different part of the state for an evening program. The program is at 6:30 - so, I'll be in the car driving at supper time. I am packing a sandwich and drink for the road.

For today:

stretches and movement
lots of water
log food and food values
meditation
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, squash
snack - crackers and fruit
dinner - almond butter and honey sandwich, applesauce
snack - oatmeal, fruit, skim milk

noranoranora - thanks for your 'way to go' on my weight loss. I've been stalling lately - but, am not giving up! I agree - cleaning or other activities that keep us busy also keep us out of the fridge. Glad you had a good day.

MJ- hope you made it to the gym. How's your knee?

sparklemagic - good job on the weight loss ...every pound counts! Good for you - planning to get right back on track.

Rhonda - that darn scale... it's the worst when it doesn't say what we deserve!! Join Mj and I in hoping to kick our scales in the booty (does the scale have a booty?? ) into showing what we know it should say. Congrats on a good healthy week.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-22-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! Only three more days 'til vacation!!!! I cannot wait! I have LOTS to do at work, but that's ok. I made it to the gym last night, but didn't put a lot of "oomph" into my workout. Tonight I will give it my all!

noranoranora--Good for you for getting your house clean! I need to do that this weekend! I hope you are right! I would love a big *whoosh*!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, a busy day for you! Good for you for planning ahead! My knee is hanging in there, thanks for asking. I'm not ready to call the ortho, yet, but I'm getting close...

Have a great on plan day everyone!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

I'm still on-plan...now on day 15. This morning, the darn scales gave me a pound gain as a reward for my effort. I really hate the scales! Unfortunately, the measuring tape isn't reflecting anything yet, so I'll have to go on blind faith that what I'm doing is working.

I didn't make it onto the treadmill yesterday. Something I ate disagreed with my stomach. I'm still battling the acid stomach this morning. Today, I have an eye appointment and will be getting new contacts. I'm so excited! I've not worn contacts for over a year. Hopefully, the stomach will calm down before then.

Hubby put together a menu plan for the week from the Weight Watchers recipe book and wen shopping for groceries yesterday. I'm so excited that he's getting back on track with me. It's so much easier when we do this together. Now, I just need to develop that close relationship with the treadmill. I have a feeling that nothing much is going to happen in the weight loss without some sweat equity.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

*sighs* I'm here, just lurking. Long day, stress with work, and a friend more concerned with herself than to ask me how my day went, but whatever.

Weight is still 220. I seem to have hit this stupid month-long plataeu, which is my fault. I diet, I overeat. I guess it's balancing out.

*waves at Beverly, Rhonda, and MJ5* Sounds as if you all are doing well!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:55 AM   #14  

Hi Chicks! Yesterday I got into some sugary things - it wasn't horrible - but, the cravings came big time after that. Today, I will definately stay away that that.

Yesterday morning I did a toddler program. It was delightful. They smiled and joined in a developmentally appropriate manner. So many giggles and smiles. I had my summer helper, of course. Three children sat in his lap. He has 4 brothers and loves the wee ones. When we got in the car - he said "Mrs. C - this was my best day working for you." It made me smile.

Plans for today:

working
log food
lots of water
stretches and movement
meditation
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, crackers, brussel sprouts
snack - yogurt with fruit
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, squash
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

Darkblue - sorry to hear about your friend's not even asking about you - I have a friend like that too. I've been at the same place as you with eating too - days on...days off. Hang in there....you can do this.

Rhonda - darn scale! They say...eventually the scale will reward you. I know, it's hard to see that when you're in the middle of that not happening. Good for you on 15 days....that's awesome. Also great that HD is on board with healthy eating.

MJ - good for you in getting to the gym! Are you going away for your vacation?

Everyone have a great day.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #15  
mj5

Good Morning! Yesterday was the first day I haven't taken any prn anxiety meds...I think the "regular" med is FINALLY kicking in (fingers crossed!). So far so good today...already drinking water, have a healthy lunch packed, and healthy dinner planned. I am going to the gym right after work.

Rhonda--Those darn scales! It IS working, hang in there! I hope you feel better. YEA for new contacts!!!!! I am overdue for an eye appt myself, I need to make one before I run out of contacts. I am so glad dh is getting back on track w/ you, you are right, it is so much easier when you are working together. I'm the same way....w/ out the sweat equity, I don't see many results, so get on that treadmill!

Darkblue--Sending you a big hug, sounds like you could use one. You CAN do this!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great morning yesterday! We aren't going away, we'll probably do some day trips or something, we have to get our roof fixed later this summer, so that where all our $ is going right now. Stupid roof!

Schmoodle--Hope you are having a great time at the beach!