Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #1  

Default 80s Kids (formerly Buddy Needed)

Is anyone here trying to lose around the same as I am? (See ticker)

Last edited by bluemommy; 07-23-2008 at 05:20 PM.
bluemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

I am! LOL But more...I have about 180 to lose, lol I so know how it is to need a buddy especially with the weight loss I guess I should add that I seriously thought about joining WW- but have yet taken the first step due to finances LOL So, I don't know how much of a buddy I can be, but would be more than happy to volunteer

Last edited by bettyred; 07-21-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: I'm a dork LOL
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #3  

Hi I'm in the same ballpark ladies! I'm looking at about 180 pounds to goal. If you're looking for another buddy, I'm in. I need some accountablity and it really helps when I'm talking to someone who has some idea of what I'm going through. I have a lovely friend/coworker who is such a dear and very encouraging. The problem is she doesn't really know what it's like to be in my shoes.

Miz M

Last edited by mizm; 07-21-2008 at 09:21 PM.
mizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #4  

Hello Everyone
I to need a buddy. I have about 70lbs to lose. I am trying to do ww on my own. I am having problems getting started. If anyone can help me with getting started I would appreciate it.
Brighter Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyred View Post
I am! LOL But more...I have about 180 to lose, lol I so know how it is to need a buddy especially with the weight loss I guess I should add that I seriously thought about joining WW- but have yet taken the first step due to finances LOL So, I don't know how much of a buddy I can be, but would be more than happy to volunteer

the finances caused me to have to stop. my first major milestone is around 40 but my overall goal is 90 ao we do have about the same amount.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #6  

Maybe we could come up with a group name and "report" here every as often as possible.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #7  

Sounds great to me LOL I measure more than I weigh, but can weigh once a month or so But am definitely into getting the extra push

You've done great so far! What has given you the greatest success so far?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #8  

I brought my sons to the zoo one day and had to keep stopping because I was short of breath. While I sat there miserable, I looked at them and decided I had to be there to see them grow up. Every exercise that I tried I fail. I brought them to the park one day and took a 10 minute walk around their play area. My 10 min walks turned into 15, 20 and so on until I could do 1 hr at a time. I found one that I could handle! The last time I brought them to the zoo, I walked for hours! Walking worked for me so I plan to stick with it.

maybe we could call ourselves the 80's kids. i know that we are not all not trying to hit 80 lost, but we are all in that ball park.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #9  

Oh, I need to add that I don't measure but I weigh 1-2 a month
Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #10  

I so hear you on the kid thing- I used to carry my camera around so id have to 'slow' down to take a shot LOL I sold it, and all the programs that I used to sit here for hours on- got rid of them LOL I have totally changed the way I look at my life, and I started boxing months ago and LOVE it, at first I could go 20 minutes without killing myself, today I did seventy!

I measure because I feel like it gives me an accurate set of numbers that I can actually see change, my weight the number itself doesn't scare me, its the fact that I've got 60+ inch hips lol

80's kids works- I was born in 80, and I have 180 to lose LOL
Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #11  

seventy minutes? thats great! i didn't get no more than about 10 minutes of exercise in today. my baby had his 12 month appointment today and had to get shots. i'll have to make up for my exercise tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #12  

Ha, I havent done any today- my arms, shoulders, back muscles, are sore!! But will get in some crunches/pushups/the basics in just before bed... I want to start getting myself on a schedule where I work out at the same time every day but I find thats hard- even with a five year old LOL

I've been talking to a group of local trainers asking them about my caloric intake, being that I can hardly EVER make it to the 1800 that is recommended for my weight loss, and they've all assured me that as long as I am eating what I need to eat- veggies, fruits, proteins, and getting my carbs from whole grains, and I dont feel hungry during the day I should quit obsessing. JR told me that my body will start to tell me that I need more by being more hungry and if I could mentally allow that to happen then I don't have to worry about hitting a certain point... I hate the diet world LOL Such contradictory information... So, I'm trying to avoid counting calories for the next couple weeks, and eat five small meals a day.... LOL

How is your WW going? Do you feel that its easier to have a certain goal for the day and subtract from it? or is it easier to add it up? lol I feel like Im obsessing over it LOL

Shot days are horrible, LOL It's enough of an exercise plan just having to take care of them afterwards
Old 07-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #13  

I actually did used to do it by adding then i found it easier to subtract. another thing that helps me was to save 4 points so that by the end of the day i could drink a soda. i used to love sodas but have since traded them in for gatorade. today i did my watp 1 mile plus the stretching this time around.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #14  

Blue- thats great Stretching will save you!! I've been working on finding a standing core workout that actually gets results- and let me tell you LOL I am soooo sore, yesterday was my off day, but you never really give your core a rest, so I was like wow I may actually have core muscles somewhere LOL!!

I gave up caffiene at the beginng of this year, as well as extra sugar- so I don't even go for the gatorade. Walmart has these lil drink add ins that are basically sodium LOL But after you work out, it actually is great- no sugars, no carbs. On the gatorade just watch that you arent drinking mostly gatorade during the day. My dad used to drink that instead of water and the doc told him he'd lose a little over a pound a week if he dropped his daily gatorade intake- my father is very active lol as is his appetite

Am so ready to work out today, 14-21 days to make a habit LOL Consistency is tough. lol I was checking into what the contestants on the biggest loser do- and they work out 4-7 hours a DAY!! LOL I realize I can be uber lazy, but wowza LOL
Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #15  

hey betty. we went on a getaway this weekend. i tried to post but had to use dial up and it was moving so slow! i totally overate this weekend but did get in some exercise!

i'll have to give the add in's a try. as a matter of fact, i'm going to walmart this morning. i did a 1 mile watp this morning. i'm up 4 lbs so i have to work a bit harder. bbl