Old 07-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Jaded Ladies Weight Loss Chat # 300

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies !

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #2  

Hello ladies...

I'm so glad to have a four day weekend! Not sure what plans we have, but do plan to stay busy. Don't want to stay home and just mold into the couch!

Mindee--I'm so happy to hear that SBD is working so well for you!! Congrats to you!! At this rate you'll reach your first goal at no time. Tommy bought ice-cream?! Shame on him! Good for you for not eating it with him. How is he doing on SBD?

Trish--How is Tony feeling today? Sorry to hear about the fall!! Make sure he rests and takes it easy so he doesn't over do it and injure himself even more.

Sue--I'm not a summer loser at all! In fact, I tend to lose weight during the cold months. I've also trying to get back on track. Glad that your mother is improving.

Sassy--I believe most families are like yours. Especially when they're spread apart in different states. Truly makes it difficult to get together more often. I hadn't seen my sister is years, and when our brother passed a few years ago, we talked about how we need to get together some more often. (she lives in Florida, the rest of the family here in Oregon) Her family plans on coming to Oregon next summer and we're all looking forward to it.

Angie--Our work is in some kind of chaotic mode due to the hospital open up in a couple weeks. Trying to get things all in a routine. Makes for stressful times. My department is doing pretty good. It's when we have a person off that it goes haywire.......they will have to figure out how to keep up with the results while I'm gone.

Pat--You are doing great with the exercise! I've been gearing up to start my walk/jogs again everyday. Plan to join a challenge thread to keep me accountable. Been walking, just not as often as I should. That's gotta change!

Jane--Hurray for internet being back on!!

Hello to anyone I may have missed. I should probably get myself outdoors and pull some weeds today. Be a bit productive instead of sitting indoors on the computer! (time just gets away from me when I'm online!!)

You all have a lovely weekend.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #3  

Afternoon ladies....

How is everyone enjoying their weekend? I'm waiting for hubby to return home, been cleaning up around here since he's bringing a couple friends home with him. Not sure what is planned for the day, but we plan to get out and do something.

Chat with you all later on!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in to let you all know that I am still alive!

we all had a blast yesterday up at the campgrounds! they had a blast going trick or treating.....even though it rained! we walked around for about 7 hours......we only sat down to eat dinner or to talk to some friends and that was it.

when I got the mail yesterday when we got home, I got some mail from the kids insurance that I have to pick an insurance plan for them by August 1st. So, I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning to get them into a plan! And then Brandon will be getting into the ENT hopefully next month!

now that I have quiet around here......every body is taking naps, including Tommy! we were watching a show called "Flip This House" and it was the episode where Armando goes on a diet and starts yelling and screaming at everybody. I told Tommy that that is how he is on a diet.

Saturday morning, Brandon got up at 2am, which in return woke Marissa up. Tommy changed Brandon and he climbed up on our bed, while I changed Marissa and gave her a milk bottle. we all laid down and went to bed. I got up at 3:22am because I just felt like I was going to throw up, so I flung the blankets back and as soon as I did that, I saw a head pop up in the crib next to me and heard a "mama" come from the crib. I ran to the bathroom, and did what I needed to do, then went back to bed. then when we got to the half way point on our trip to the campground I had Tommy stop so I could go to the bathroom. he said "you just went pee before we left. are you sure that you are not pregnant?" I said "it is kind of hard for me to get pregnant with my tubes tied, goof ball." When I did manage to fall back to sleep after I had to run to the bathroom, I had a dream about Tommy's godmother that passed away last year.

Marti~ Tommy jumped ship on SBD last Tuesday, so I have been doing it on my own. BUT he has been helping me stick to every thing on the phase 1, and then this coming Tuesday I can move onto phase 2 if I want to. Or I can stay on phase 1 until I feel more comfortable. BUT I am still sticking to my guns and I am **** bent on making it to my goal here shortly!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #5  

doing my nightly pop in......

we ended up going for a walk after dinner. we took the kids to the park across the street, and they played then we walked the pier, and then we sat and watched the boats and jet skis. then we came back home and walked around the complex. we walked passed the office manager's daughter's apartment and her son came running out (the daughter's son) so we stopped and then walked with the grandson and the office manager (his grandma). then the boys got their bikes out and they all played for a little bit.

we won't be able to go swimming any time soon. some dumb people went into the pool after it was closed, and now the pool is GREEN. the health department comes out on Tuesday, and they will for surely close the pool down now!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  

anybody else out there?

doing my daily pop in......

I changed my goal on the walking challenge from 1000, down to 500. I realized that the 1000 just wasn't realistic enough, so I changed it to 500, and then if I go over, I will just play it by ear.

The office manager is having one of the maintenance guys shock the pool to see if that will help with it. He will still have to vacuum the bottom of the pool to get the stuff off the floor of the pool. I just hope that they can get it all cleaned up and cleared up so that the Health Department won't close the pool.

As far as what we can do if they do close the pool, there is a beach in town that we can take the kids to. But like Tommy pointed out last, the pool worked out better because we could just walk home and clean them up. Whereas, if we take them to the beach, we have to clean them up and dry them off there, then change them to bring them home.

I took the kids for a walk this morning......a normal half hour walk took us 45 minutes this morning! Logan kept stopping and dilly dallying every now and then. the boys were riding their bikes, and I was pushing Marissa in the double stroller.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

hey all....

Mindee,,,too bad about Tommy bailing on ya...but you keep going! Your results are fantastic. That is just pathetic about the people doing damage to the pool.

Marti,,,,just sounds soo much like my work...1 person going on holidays causes us all to go nuts! I can't add more hrs,,,Im maxed out mentally.
This past weekend,,,instead of relaxing,,,we went to my brothers and helped him paint his new home...my body aches. I probably did about 15 hrs of painted and need more then that to finish....told my brother I would help after work tomorrow,,,,*sigh

anyways better get to bed...Im wiped out
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #8  

doing my nightly pop in.....

well, we have a little Houdini on our hands!

Tommy opened the window in the boys room a crack because Logan decided to "play" again.....so he was airing the room out. Well, Logan was misbehaving, so he went into the bedroom for a time out. (mind you, I didn't know the bedroom window was open)

I was sitting at the table eating my dinner, which lines up with our doorwall. I thought I saw something on the porch and I just thought it was the grill cover because it was windy. So, I went back to eating my dinner. A couple minutes later, I saw a light blue blob on a red, yellow and blue bike. I jumped up out of the chair, and ran outside. I opened the front door, and saw Logan's pillow on the cement, then him on his bike not too far from it!

I caught up to him and turned around to bring him back inside and heard the window close in the boys room. I got inside with Logan, and Tommy says "I didn't think he would have jumped." I then said "he has no fear, why would a little jump from a window on the first floor scare him?"

I get to add carbs in now, but I stepped on the scale and I didn't like the number that I saw! So, I need more water and less carbs! I can see that those are my enemy....so I have to watch them closely!

Angie~ I wish he really hadn't bailed on me, but whatever! I am over it now.....I just get so bogged down now trying to find something to eat, but since I am starting phase 2, I can work more things back in.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi all just checking in. Things are going well here. I just finished 1 1/2 hrs of stepping. I will do my push up soon. Needed a break.

Mindee sounds like you are doing well on SBD. Sorry Tommy bailed on you.

Angie~15 hours of painting WOW!!!

Catch ya all later Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #10  

doing my nightly pop in.....

I got some GOOD news since I wrote last......the pool will be OPEN starting tomorrow morning!!!! they don't know what was put into it, but the shock in the pool worked on it. The maintenance man, that is also the pool guy, said that he was going to punish every body one more day because of the people going into the pool like that.

other then that, nothing really new on this end. we have come to the conclusion that we definitely need to start walking after dinner. Brandon didn't go to bed until about 10:30pm! So, we are going to be taking walks at night after dinner.....since that seems to be the only way to get him to go to sleep without problems. well, that and without him taking naps that helps!

Pat~ Thanks for those nice words! I am really needing to light a fire under my butt to get the recipes for phase 2. I need ideas that will work with all of us, and not just me.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #11  

Morning ladies...

I had a great 4 days off and glad that I only have to work for three this week!

Mindee--I'm proud of all the work your doing to stick to the SBD. Sorry to hear that Tommy stopped, but glad to know he's still supporting you. Are there any cookbooks you can purchase that can help you with the cooking so all the family will eat?

Angie--It's amazing how one person gone from work can make a hectic work day!! I got a call from a co-worker yesterday preparing me for some major catch up. The gal who took over didn't do so well!! (GGGGRRRRRRR)
Oh well, I pretty much expected that.

Pat--I see you joined the 21-day challenge! I've joined too. It what I need to get myself in gear and stick with it! Good job with all the exercises you're doing.

Hello to everyone else out there. How is your summer going? Going pretty fast isn't it??

Well I need to get myself in the showers soon and get ready for a busy day. Talk to you all later!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

This will be a quick one. Talked Tony into going to see a Chiropractor who is a deacon in our church about his back yesterday. He turned over in bed yesterday and felt something pop and was in a lot of pain. I needed to know if anything was broken. Doc did xrays and examined him and there are no broken or cracked bones. So he started treatments yesterday and he gets another treatment this afternoon. I thought I would check do some pc stuff while he is resting peacefully right now. From my nonmedical understanding, he has swollen sore muscles and I think it has something to do with the nerves around the spine where the ribs are connected to. He said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for total recovery. I don't know how many treatments it will take. He told us to use alternated moist heat and cold and for Tony to come home and lie down and rest. Tony didn't think the treatment helped, but he came home and did nothing the doc told him to do. I couldn't get him to sit down much less lie down. Then when he went to bed he was in pain. So now he on the couch sleeping and I notice he does have a heating pad under him which probably isn't doing him any good since it works manually. These men are so stubborn. He asked me if he was going to tell the Doc that he didn't do the heat/cold thing... well, if he lets me go in with him for the treatment, I am the one who will tell the Doc.

I have decided that when my insurance go into affect next month that I am going to go for some treatments myself.

Angie - 15 hours? I would say that is a couple of weeks of exercise.

Pat - You are my inspiration for exercise although I will probably never do as much as you do. WTG,girl.

Marti - Glad you enjoyed the 4 days off. I bet you had a really busy day back and sounds like you will have for a few days. My sister's job panics when she takes off because she is the only person in the whole place who can do her job. She's been there 20+ years. They said they were going to train someone last year when she fell and broke her arm, but they didn't. I told her that they should pay her more under the circumstances.

Mindee - You are doing great. Sorry Tommy isn't doing it with you. Could he do Phase 2. I read somewhere that people who can't or don't want to do Phase 1 should just start with Phase 2. Have you checked out the SBD thread here at 3FC? I am pretty sure they have recipes. They are also a good bunch of gals there. The lady named Ruth (may be a moderator) has a lot of good info and was very helpful when I was doing SBD for a while. I am doing a combo of WW Flex/Core and I have implemented many of the SBD principles to my way of eating. For example you could use some healthier foods such as whole foods like pastas etc made from wheat/grains for family meals instead of white and they would get healthy foods and you would OP. They would be eating healthy on your SBD plan and wouldn't even know it or have to know it.

Well, my quick one turned into a long one. I'll check back when I can.

Sorry, I know I missed some of you. I hope everybody is doing well and is having a good day.

to all,
Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #13  

doing my daily pop in...

they evicted the people next to me, so all their stuff is sitting on the parking lot right now. (although I am thinking that they are going to move it onto the grass though) Brandon is having a blast with one of the maintenance guys.....his name is George and since Brandon can say it now, that is all he is saying when he sees him.

I have become so addicted to this Mobsters game on Myspace! And the Heros counterpart as well.......now maybe that addiction will help me with the food issues!

I have joined some more groups that deal solely with South Beach and such. So, I am hoping that that will help to keep me on track.

Marti~ They do have cookbooks that are out there for SBD.....but money has been tight, so I haven't gotten to the store to even see how much they are. I have been contemplating seeing if the local library has them, and if they do I will see if Tommy will check them out since he has the library card.

Trish~ I am not sure what he will do. He has been doing his thing, and I am doing mine. Which I told him would probably happen. He will do what works for him and I will do what works for me. I have checked out the one on here, but I haven't been able to have enough time to go through every thing.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all,,,,
Marti,,,ya see I just find the holiday thing so stressful...as in coming back to loads of work. I don't think I really enjoy myself when on holidays cause I start to worry about the back log.
Im really tired right now,,,my brother is still painting,,,and I went over and did some trim and such till after 9 last night,,,Im normally in bed by 8:30. Got home and went straight to bed to be woken up rudely at 2:15 am. Teenagers! grrrr So a couple of teens thought it would be funny to steal the solar lights people have on their lawns...and then smash them either on the road or cars! They missed Monte's car but got the road...broken glass and plastic everywhere. Then of course all the neighbours were outside checking things out. Some got in their cars and drove around looking for the teens,,,one guy took out his big dog. *sigh We feel back to sleep about 3:30,,,Monte's alarm went off at 4....great.
I went to work,,,was informed that my calls would be increasing,,,gee 700 a day isn't enough.Plus I was /am being trained on more stuff I need to take over on. I work 11 hr days! I asked if we could automate our phone, and was told that I was paid to answer the phone. I flipped out and told my supervisor ,,,really? Then you can take all the %^$# stuff off my desk then cause I will answer the phone and nothing else!
I had to deal with a super stinky driver. I found out today I REALLY am a nose breather,,,cause I had to breath thro my mouth and with talking almost passed out. I actually put my head down on my desk cause I was so dizzy. Had a headache cause of the spray used after he left....
ANNNND my boss hired a creep. Im pretty upset about that.

Im going to bed,,,and fingers crossed tomorrow will be a better day. Cause today was up there with nasty.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:52 AM   #15  

I am doing my nightly pop in.....

well, I have been wondering if being accident prone is genetic? in peeking at what the neighbor had in her place, I gashed my arm up on broken glass from a picture. Tommy got me all covered and onto the healing road. Then when he was making dinner, Brandon went in to help him. He reached onto the stove and touched the burner, that Tommy had just turned off. So, he burned his hand. Thankfully, our neighbor behind us came over to see what has been going on and said that he had some burn cream at his place. He brought it over and is letting us borrow it. So right now, his hand has cream on it, and it is wrapped up in some gauze.

BUT WAIT, there is more! In going through the bag that I started to go through earlier before getting my gash on my arm......I got yat ANOTHER gash, but this one is on my right leg, just next to my Pooh tattoo. So, back into the bathroom we went and Tommy got me all cleaned up YET AGAIN!

So, now we are left to sit back and keep an eye on Brandon's hand. We are worried about it, but we are somewhat apprehensive about taking him to the hospital because we know that they will try and turn it around on us. And since Brandon doesn't talk as much as he should for his age..we are worried that they might think that we did it and then take the kids away. So, I am keeping my eye on it very carefully. In a way, it is a good thing, because he can't suck his thumb now because of the medicine on it.

Angie~ It is good to hear from you! I hope tomorrow is better for you then yesterday was!